Originally Posted by robertintemple
Amazing theater. Love the screen. Any more details on the build?
Here are some notes of the build :
- Dimensions (W x L x H) : 15' x 24' x 7'.
- False Screen wall : 40" depth between screen and back wall.
- Back wall is treated with denim based insulation.
- Double dry wall with green glue + fiber glass insulation.
- 8" raiser for 2nd row seating.
- Lutron IR switches for 2 zones of lighting.
- Equipment room at the back of theater. Custom equipment rack (nothing fancy).
- Fan from cooler guys to cool the AVR.
- Monoprice 12 awg speaker wires.
- HDMI and Sub cables are from Monoprice as well.
- Screen is 150" 2.35:1 DIY using Wilsonart designer white laminate. Mounted using French cleat.
- Small screen stage with LED lighting for glamor
- Solid Pine doors.
- Went with Solid pine French door for theater entrance.
- Power recliner seats from Lane furnishing.
- Using Roomie app in my iPad and iPhone to control the equipment and lights.
- Still using JBL Venue series speakers. Would like to upgrade to better speakers and have been auditioning for a while.
- Dual XS30 subs from Power Sound Audio
- Panny AE7000u 3D projector. Image is plenty bright and nice
- Onkyo 807 AVR. Looking to upgrade to an AVR with Audyssey XT32.
- Sony bluray player, Roku, Old HP laptop with XBMC and Plex as part of my media players.
- With the help of a contractor, theater and bar was done in 3 months.