Show me your COMPLETED Theater! - Page 35 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1617Likes

post #1021 of 1962 Old 04-08-2014, 07:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy2416 View Post

Amazing looking theater...great job!

Thanks so much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1962 Old 04-08-2014, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by femi View Post

is that your real bedroom? or a bedroom convert to a mini theater.
Either way it is nice smile.gif

Yup its my bedroom, and then in the living room there is another w1070 and a 92" motorized screen, I live with roommates currently so the better set up is in my room so I can enjoy it more often. ^_^

Once I am able to buy my own home thats when I hope to go full dedicated. smile.gif

Projector: BenQ w1500 + ES Sable 135" 16:9 Screen AVR: Marantz SR6011 ATMOS/DTSX + Unity 2ch Amp + Darbee 5000s Speakers: Polk Audio TSX550t (FL/FR), CS2 Series II (C), FXiA6 (SL/SR), Monitor40 Series II (RL/RR), TSx110B (Ceiling FL/FR RL/RR) LFE: (2) JL Audio 12" Subs + (2) Dayton 15" Subs + (2) ButtKicker LFE Arrangement: 7.1.4 Source: OPPO UDP-203 4k Bluray Player, Roku 4, HTPC, 2017 nVidia Shield, Hauppauge OTA DVR
post #1023 of 1962 Old 04-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by sig3 View Post

I recently completed my Shawn Byrne (from Erskine group) designed theater. Shawn designed a room that blew away my expectations. He was very helpful during my 18 month DIY build. Several lengthy phone calls during the build helped keep me on track. It gets calibrated by Shawn next week. Even without the calibration, I am truly impressed with the performance of the theater (dialogue is incredibly clear!). Here's the equipment list:

Erskine Group "Select" Design
Runco LS-HB projector with anamorphic lens
Stewart StudioTek G3 Microperf 2.39 Curved Screen (Image width 136.75")
L/C/R Speakers: Procella P6
Side Speakers: Triad InWall Silver/4
Rear Speakers: Triad InCeiling Bronze/8
Main Sub: Triad Cinema Plus Silver
Second Sub: Triad InWall Bronze/6
Denon 4520
Lumagen Radiance Video Processor
Oppo blu ray player
QSC DSP-30
Quest acoustic treatments
5 Fusion Jive chairs (1 w/ Buttkicker)

All the wood you see in the pictures is cherry.

The star ceiling was painted by Jeff from Night Sky Murals. Very impressive! And with the lights on, the ceiling turns into a blue sky with wispy clouds,

I really wanted to do a build blog, but I couldn't juggle a career, family, and construction, AND a blog at the same time. I truly admire the people who put together detailed build blogs. They certainly inspired me.

This is stunning. What are the dimensions of your room?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1024 of 1962 Old 04-08-2014, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
javeryh,

Attached is the floor plan:

There are 3 large windows in the back. I get nearly 100% blackout with the shades down.

Shawn performed the calibration a few days ago. He was here Thursday evening, all day Friday, and Saturday morning. Nice to finally meet Shawn after working with him over the phone/email for so long! The calibration was a pretty exhaustive exercise! Net result was a nice improvement in the setup. It's always hard to describe sound with words, but here goes: Sound became more more smooth, more seamless, no fatigue. Dialogue remained crystal clear, but was better located. Picture became more punchy, more vivid. Shawn brought a car load worth of equipment:

post #1025 of 1962 Old 04-09-2014, 05:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:

javeryh,

There are 3 large windows in the back. I get nearly 100% blackout with the shades down.

Shawn performed the calibration a few days ago. He was here Thursday evening, all day Friday, and Saturday morning. Nice to finally meet Shawn after working with him over the phone/email for so long! The calibration was a pretty exhaustive exercise! Net result was a nice improvement in the setup. It's always hard to describe sound with words, but here goes: Sound became more more smooth, more seamless, no fatigue. Dialogue remained crystal clear, but was better located. Picture became more punchy, more vivid. Shawn brought a car load worth of equipment:

What did he use to eq your audio? Or what did you have for him to eq your audio? A minidsp or some other dsp?

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
post #1026 of 1962 Old 04-09-2014, 10:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Quoted: 858 Post(s)
Liked: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post

What did he use to eq your audio? Or what did you have for him to eq your audio? A minidsp or some other dsp?

It looks like he has the QSC DSP 30.

I am sure he can fill in more details if he checks the thread again.

Erskine Group commonly utilizes DSP from QSC. Shawn also packs quite a bit of expensive calibration equipment as you can see in the photos.

Great theater sig3. Now enjoy it!
post #1027 of 1962 Old 04-09-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimastergrant View Post

It looks like he has the QSC DSP 30.

I am sure he can fill in more details if he checks the thread again.

Erskine Group commonly utilizes DSP from QSC. Shawn also packs quite a bit of expensive calibration equipment as you can see in the photos.

Great theater sig3. Now enjoy it!

jedimastergrant,

You got it: QSC DSP 30 to calibrate the 2 subs and Audyssey Pro for the other 7 speakers.

Yes sir, I will enjoy it! smile.gif
post #1028 of 1962 Old 04-10-2014, 04:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonleepenn View Post

Give us some details. Screen size, what are those bad boys you got for speakers? They look like B&w and are very cool looking,what are the components in your setup? And what's the screen material how's it work Etc. The room looks good the crown moulding is nice, I like how you incorporated spot lights and what looks like Led lights. What subs and how many? smile.gif

PeterV

Sorry for the late reply ,

The screen is just shy of 3 meters wide , the speakers are some old (but i love them ) Kef Q series

kit consists of ..

ps3

xbox one

xbox

Yamaha 675

EP35

Med8ter 600xd

Nas duo

The "screen" is a sheet of foamex (sign materiel) cut to size and tapped to the wall smile.gif
post #1029 of 1962 Old 04-10-2014, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:

javeryh,

Thanks - I'm going to be dealing with a nearly identical sized room! Mine is approximately 23'x16' (unfinished) so I'm going to lose a bit with the studs/drywall and soundproofing. I was worried it was a bit small but now I know I'll be OK - especially since I want a row of 5 seats for the entire family and I wasn't sure I'd have enough room. How much space is behind your screen? I don't think I have enough room for 2 rows plus the back bar so I'm going back and forth on whether I need 2 theater chair rows or 1 row with a back bar and then some additional room for something else in the back... shuffleboard? I don't know.

I also love what you did with the ceiling. Every minute I spend on this site I can see more and more dollars flying out of my pocket. This is going to be expensive...
post #1030 of 1962 Old 04-10-2014, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1596 Post(s)
Liked: 1086
I hate all of you tongue.giftongue.gif

All these theaters look great. It is really cool to see how some people make a great room with tough shapes and smaller sizes. I have my work cut out for me, but I will get there and hopeful be putting my pics in here some day.

--
post #1031 of 1962 Old 04-10-2014, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:

javeryh,

Beautiful theater. I like the height. I hope mine turns out 1/2 as nice as yours looks.

Audio: Denon AVR-4520, Fusion 12 Tempest (LCR), Fusion 8 Alchemy (4xSurrounds+2xWides+2xHeights),4 x 15" Dayton Ultimax
Video: Sony VPL-HW40ES, Darbee Darblet, SMX 2.35:1 Screen
Seating: Fusion Lagoon Chairs
Theater Build
DIY Speaker / Sub Build
post #1032 of 1962 Old 04-11-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by javeryh View Post

Thanks - I'm going to be dealing with a nearly identical sized room! Mine is approximately 23'x16' (unfinished) so I'm going to lose a bit with the studs/drywall and soundproofing. I was worried it was a bit small but now I know I'll be OK - especially since I want a row of 5 seats for the entire family and I wasn't sure I'd have enough room. How much space is behind your screen? I don't think I have enough room for 2 rows plus the back bar so I'm going back and forth on whether I need 2 theater chair rows or 1 row with a back bar and then some additional room for something else in the back... shuffleboard? I don't know.

I also love what you did with the ceiling. Every minute I spend on this site I can see more and more dollars flying out of my pocket. This is going to be expensive...

I have 24" behind the screen. Note I went with some fairly narrow chairs to fit five seats in one row (Fusion Jive). The armrests are removable for some flexibility in the seating arrangement. I also fretted about going with 1 row, 2 rows, or 1 row and a bar. I felt the configuration we went with suited our family the best. 2 rows would be nice but we would rarely use them. I might put in a bar later - we'll see. I have a ton of movies to watch first - all that construction time got me behind in movie watching!!! Best of luck!
post #1033 of 1962 Old 04-11-2014, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:

I have 24" behind the screen. Note I went with some fairly narrow chairs to fit five seats in one row (Fusion Jive). The armrests are removable for some flexibility in the seating arrangement. I also fretted about going with 1 row, 2 rows, or 1 row and a bar. I felt the configuration we went with suited our family the best. 2 rows would be nice but we would rarely use them. I might put in a bar later - we'll see. I have a ton of movies to watch first - all that construction time got me behind in movie watching!!! Best of luck!

Nice looking theater Sig! (I'm in DFW as well) I went with the Jives too. Nice to save some space. Tip on the trays, I found them to get loose easily so I put a washer under it to give it more strength and used some blue lock tight so the threads didn't back out.

Here is my build thread:

---->Like a Boss Theater Build<----
post #1034 of 1962 Old 04-12-2014, 05:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzfbossman View Post

Nice looking theater Sig! (I'm in DFW as well) I went with the Jives too. Nice to save some space. Tip on the trays, I found them to get loose easily so I put a washer under it to give it more strength and used some blue lock tight so the threads didn't back out.

Where did you get those trays?

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
post #1035 of 1962 Old 04-12-2014, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 150 Post(s)
Quoted: 858 Post(s)
Liked: 693
I believe those are the optional trays you can order from Roman with his chairs. Maybe he will correct me though. I have a friend with those and I think they are quite nice. I almost went with those chairs and was planning to have that option as well.
post #1036 of 1962 Old 04-12-2014, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I don't have that brand. Is there a place that sells a universal tray? I have looked before and did not come up with anything.

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
post #1037 of 1962 Old 04-12-2014, 08:59 AM

Liked: 23

This thread is awesome and depressing all at the same time.  Obviously not a theater but first real stereo system I've ever had.

lulimet, superleo and allisonok like this.

Denon X2000

Oppo BDP-103

Boston Acoustics A26 F/L

Deftech Procenter1000

Polk T15 surrounds

SVS SB12-NSD

post #1038 of 1962 Old 04-12-2014, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimastergrant View Post

I believe those are the optional trays you can order from Roman with his chairs. Maybe he will correct me though. I have a friend with those and I think they are quite nice. I almost went with those chairs and was planning to have that option as well.

Quote:

I don't have that brand. Is there a place that sells a universal tray? I have looked before and did not come up with anything.

Jedi is right, they came with the chairs...we love them. I don't' know of any universal trays...

I just noticed sig3 went with "love seat" style so he only has trays on the ends.

Here is my build thread:

---->Like a Boss Theater Build<----
post #1039 of 1962 Old 04-13-2014, 10:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 789
Of course a room is never fully complete. I still need to add a second row bar and some rear subs. But for now, I will say the room is complete and post pictures of my remodeled theater.

arttu and zuluwalker like this.

The Other Theater (most recent build)
Old Woods Remodel
Old Wood Theater (first build)
Marantz 8805 (Emotiva RMC in a box) | JVC X790R | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XPA 4-3s | Oppo 203 | DIYSG 1099 | DIYSG Volt 8 | DIYSG Volt 6 | SVS PC-4000 | Seymour UF 132"
post #1040 of 1962 Old 04-13-2014, 10:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 174 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 778
post #1041 of 1962 Old 04-13-2014, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I agree. Deewan, you did a great job and I love the rock wall you used. Can you post your equipment?

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
post #1042 of 1962 Old 04-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Looks great! The brick wall with blue lights is awesome...
post #1043 of 1962 Old 04-13-2014, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 993 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Looks great Deewan! What software are you using for control?
post #1044 of 1962 Old 04-13-2014, 01:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 572

post #1045 of 1962 Old 04-13-2014, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 789
Quote:

I agree. Deewan, you did a great job and I love the rock wall you used. Can you post your equipment?

Thanks, the rock wall was the first item on my "must have list" when I decided to remodel my room. All my equipment should be listed in my signature equipment list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy2416 View Post

Looks great! The brick wall with blue lights is awesome...

The best part is the blue light can also be white, green, red, or whatever color matches my mood or viewing content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisr63 View Post

Looks great Deewan! What software are you using for control?
I am using iRule to control the room. I am still working on setting up my remote to act exactly as I want, but it's getting there.

The Other Theater (most recent build)
Old Woods Remodel
Old Wood Theater (first build)
Marantz 8805 (Emotiva RMC in a box) | JVC X790R | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XPA 4-3s | Oppo 203 | DIYSG 1099 | DIYSG Volt 8 | DIYSG Volt 6 | SVS PC-4000 | Seymour UF 132"
post #1046 of 1962 Old 04-13-2014, 05:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 670 Post(s)
Liked: 398
This is such a great thread for theater-build research!
VolkerH. likes this.

post #1047 of 1962 Old 04-22-2014, 10:53 AM

Liked: 75
This is my brother's theater we just finished building in his new house. We kept it really simple with clean lines since we had limited space e.g. no soffits, columns, panels or moulding. All the equipment is hidden behind a false wall with grill cloth-covered panels attached via velcro and the screen is a 130" acoustically transparent Seymour AV Center Stage XD. There is an IR repeater hidden behind the bottom panel. The sound and picture is incredible. There is a kegerator and mini fridge under the bar.

Equipment:
Sony VPL-HW55ES projector
Denon AVR-3313CI receiver
Polk Audio PSW505 subs (x2)
Polk Audio Monitor 70 fronts
Polk Audio CS2 center channel
Fluance AVBP2 bipole surrounds and rears
Velocity Edge Mini PC for movie trailers and karaoke
Behringer XENYX X1204USB mixer for karaoke
Lutron MIR-600T-BL Maestro IR Dimmer
Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote
Blackout EZ Window Covers
LG Bluray player
Roku

Here is a link to the construction of this theater:
https://www.avsforum.com/t/1528543/the-kegerator-theater

post #1048 of 1962 Old 04-22-2014, 11:38 AM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Show your COMPLETED theater thread. Others would love to see the construction, and discuss in great details, in it's own build thread.

Just the completed ones here please.

Thanks!
post #1049 of 1962 Old 04-22-2014, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayreb View Post

This is my brother's theater we just finished building in his new house. We kept it really simple with clean lines since we had limited space e.g. no soffits, columns, panels or moulding. All the equipment is hidden behind a false wall with grill cloth-covered panels attached via velcro and the screen is a 130" acoustically transparent Seymour AV Center Stage XD. There is an IR repeater hidden behind the bottom panel. The sound and picture is incredible. There is a kegerator and mini fridge under the bar.

Looks like a great setup. Nice job!
post #1050 of 1962 Old 04-22-2014, 01:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayreb View Post

Equipment:
Sony VPL-HW55ES projector
Denon AVR-3313CI receiver
Polk Audio PSW505 subs (x2)
Polk Audio Monitor 70 fronts
Polk Audio CS2 center channel
Fluance AVBP2 bipole surrounds and rears
Velocity Edge Mini PC for movie trailers and karaoke
Behringer XENYX X1204USB mixer for karaoke
Lutron MIR-600T-BL Maestro IR Dimmer
Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote
Blackout EZ Window Covers
LG Bluray player
Roku

Here is a link to the construction of this theater:
https://www.avsforum.com/t/1528543/the-kegerator-theater

You gotta take down that hvac grate and paint that bad boy. Looks great though!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page