Since I'm mostly a lurker here, I'm not sure of the rules here for cross-posting. I shared this in the "General Home Theater & Media/Game Rooms" forum and figured it was worth sharing here as well for anyone interested. Let me know if that's an issue. Thanks.
I have been a home theater and PC/console gaming fan for a long time and only in the past couple of years did we renovate our home so that I have a dedicated room to utilize. It's about 25x15 feet with 9-foot ceilings. I spent the last month blacking out the walls and ceiling with wide fabric, the walls are insulated but not drywalled, and I'd rather not lose any more width in the room trying to properly finish it. Painting of the rear of the theater (HVAC closet, networking/storage closet, and doors) is almost done, a bit more trim work to go.
We were doing some other work in our basement to add a guest room, and during that process, I had 2x 20A dedicated circuits added to the theater for the PC and HT as well, plus a dedicated ceiling outlet for the projector. Details of the setup below the images:
Panasonic AE3000u 1080p Projector (My next upgrade is to a JVC or Sony 4k Projector)
135" Elitescreens screen
Denon AVR-789 Receiver (To be upgraded with the Projector for 4k/HDR support)
B&W Speakers: DM601 S3 Fronts, LCR60 S3 Center, DM601 Rears + HSU Research VTF-2 Sub (5.1 Setup)
2 x 5ft Chillbag memory foam bean bag chairs
Philips Hue White+Color bulbs in the two cans above the screen, plus one near the projector
Corsair Air 540 case with i7-8086k clocked at @5ghz on all cores, EVGA Superclocked 1080 GPU, 32GB RAM
Alienware AW3418DW Ultrawide 3440x1440 main screen
Dell 2711u rotated vertically for 2nd screen
Oculus Rift hanging from the ceiling with 3 mounted sensors - unplugged for now.
UpLift desk motorized sitting/standing desk with Black Eco Curved Desktop and 2 single arm "View" VESA mounts.
Herman Miller Embody office chair
Xbox One X
- The mannequin head was for my old Oculus DK2 to use as a stand, now it's just to creep people out
- Artwork along the upper left wall is my Marilyn Manson album art project I made in college - don't judge!
- PC background image is from Dear Esther
- Rowing Machine is a Concept 2 Model D with PM5
- The Racing chair did come with a racing wheel/pedal mount for my Logitech G920 Xbox One/PC wheel, though I don't have it set up right now
- Besides the projector/receiver upgrade I hope to do next year, I also want to replace the carpet scraps with properly sized carpet that's a deep red to match the doors. The current carpet piece under the beanbags helps to also serve as a natural backup to the Rift's guardian system. And, since this is a basement, and I don't want to have to trust my sump pump 100% even with a battery backup, I'll probably not do wall-to-wall carpet.
I can finally rest and enjoy it! Feel free to ask me about it or comment, I hope you like it as much as I do!