I made a little progress to get ready for the carpet install. I figured out the height transition between rooms and installed the door casing and trim.
After many test cuts, I found the angle to cut a 1x6 piece of PT lumber to make a ramp. The blade could only cut half of the piece at a time so I flipped the piece to finish the cut. Then, I used tapcons to secure the piece and added a piece of 1/4" plywood with a contoured top edge to simulate the gradual curve of a threshold.
Here is the gap between the HT and the rest of the basement
Here is the ramp
Here it is in place with tapcons
Here are a couple of trim shots. I like the look - very much what I had in mind months ago during planning. My wife used Minwax English Chestnut (choice C from post #181) 2 coats with sanding and finished with 2 coats and sanding of satin poly.
I still need to finish the riser step area and doors, but I plan to do it after the carpet.
My very first coped corner. I like the results of the technique much better than trying to mitre wierd wall angles.
Carpet is next and then the final inspection. Hopefully, I'll have pics of the install later tonight. After that, I start the screenwall and equipment room.