AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Dedicated Theater Design & Construction (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-dedicated-theater-design-construction/)
-   -   #### The ULTIMATE Bass Demo Disc #### (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-dedicated-theater-design-construction/1412846-ultimate-bass-demo-disc.html)

deano86 08-17-2018 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandrake666 (Post 56654490)
Thanks for the files Jindrek! Great work and very much appreciated!

Is there gonna be a volume 5 soon?

How did you miss it? I assume at this point everyone is using the Google Drive link in the 1st post? There it is..

mandrake666 08-17-2018 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deano86 (Post 56659310)
How did you miss it? I assume at this point everyone is using the Google Drive link in the 1st post? There it is..

You're right ofcourse but I meant volume 6 with demo's of the latest movies.

Quicksilv3r 08-18-2018 04:21 AM

You do realize how much time and effort goes into this?

As a new member, we will forgive you this time, but read through the forum and read about the creation of the older discs.

Plus you don't need the newest movies.
Quote:

Originally Posted by mandrake666 (Post 56659334)
You're right ofcourse but I meant volume 6 with demo's of the latest movies.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

LastButNotLeast 08-18-2018 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quicksilv3r (Post 56659734)
read through the forum and read about the creation of the older discs

Just don't try to get any of the really older discs.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/150-b...-authored.html
Michael

Quicksilv3r 08-18-2018 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast (Post 56659942)
Just don't try to get any of the really older discs.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/150-b...-authored.html
Michael

I’ve got all those discs. I just don’t have V5. But I have both Of Steve’s discs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LastButNotLeast 08-18-2018 07:10 AM

I figured YOU would, but I was trying to steer mandrake in the right direction.
Michael

Jindrak 08-18-2018 07:54 AM

Yes, additional scenes are on their way, I've just been busy with life. Also Quicksilv3r, if you wouldn't mind sending me copies of the demo discs you have, I can put them on my drive as well so others can get them as well.

Quicksilv3r 08-20-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jindrak (Post 56660188)
Yes, additional scenes are on their way, I've just been busy with life. Also Quicksilv3r, if you wouldn't mind sending me copies of the demo discs you have, I can put them on my drive as well so others can get them as well.

Well I had them all on discs, and I haven’t used them in over a year and I just checked, and I must have tossed the discs after my house flooded last year. I lost a lot of data and discs to the flood. My home theatre was destroyed and so were the discs that were in boxes.

This sucks. I probably figured I’d have them backed up but my NAS drive died in the flood too. Our basement had 8 inches of water and the NAS drive was on the floor at my desk :(

LastButNotLeast 08-20-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jindrak (Post 56660188)
I can put them on my drive as well so others can get them as well.

What do you need?
Michael

Jindrak 08-21-2018 07:07 PM

I would need surviving copies of any demo discs that have been released, either through an upload service (preferably dropbox/google drive) or, due to size, alternative means that could be discussed.

LastButNotLeast 08-22-2018 06:14 AM

I'll be in touch.

084runnerltd 08-22-2018 06:39 AM

So for a noob like me, is this as easy as inserting a USB into my iMac, copying the files, and sticking it into my OPPO?

LastButNotLeast 08-22-2018 08:40 AM

Pretty much. Unfortunately, the Mac will put lots of other files on the disc that the OPPO will, hopefully, ignore. Otherwise, you'll need to clean them out on a pc.
What you want is m2ts files in the root directory of the drive.
Michael

084runnerltd 08-22-2018 11:25 AM

Thanks, I do have an older Toughbook at the house....Sounds like that would be the better option?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast (Post 56679624)
Pretty much. Unfortunately, the Mac will put lots of other files on the disc that the OPPO will, hopefully, ignore. Otherwise, you'll need to clean them out on a pc.
What you want is m2ts files in the root directory of the drive.
Michael

LastButNotLeast 08-22-2018 11:56 AM

Probably. You won't hurt anything by trying the files from the mac. You can clean up the disc if you need to afterwards.
Michael

mandrake666 09-11-2018 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quicksilv3r (Post 56669418)
Well I had them all on discs, and I haven’t used them in over a year and I just checked, and I must have tossed the discs after my house flooded last year. I lost a lot of data and discs to the flood. My home theatre was destroyed and so were the discs that were in boxes.

This sucks. I probably figured I’d have them backed up but my NAS drive died in the flood too. Our basement had 8 inches of water and the NAS drive was on the floor at my desk :(

As an OLD member, we will forgive you this time, but read through the forum and read about the creation of the older discs.

Just kidding mate!

mandrake666 09-11-2018 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quicksilv3r (Post 56669418)

As an OLD member, we will forgive you this time, but read through the forum and read about the creation of the older discs.

Just kidding mate! Good luck with the house.

jcmccorm 04-11-2019 08:32 AM

@Jindrak and everyone else on this thread that's helped with this: Thank you!

Old thread and I'm late to the party but I grabbed the first two volumes and burned Blu Rays of them (I'm one of those guys that likes physical media :))

Fantastic stuff. I'm thrilled for having all of this on one disk. Thanks again!

velocci 05-20-2019 03:50 PM

Hi all, I read the Blu-ray review of Black Hawk Down and it says "The "F**king Irene!" scene — just a little after the 37-minute mark — remains an awesome, room-pressurizing listen, reaching down to 5Hz with serious decibels, which could potentially ruin a sub while the majority of other subs don't even know it's there". So I got the Blu-ray disc from the library and watched it. I guess my sub falls in the "don't even know it's there" class cause I didn't hear much base during this scene. I have the SVS PB-2000. what kind of sub do you need? are there such subs that can reach down to 5hz? or was it that I had a setting on my AVR that was wrong?

LastButNotLeast 05-20-2019 06:20 PM

You need a very big and very powerful sub, or several, or a transducer (ButtKicker, Crowson) or several, or something like a BOSS:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...y-theater.html
Nothing wrong with your PB-2000; it just isn't designed for 5Hz.
Michael

Archaea 05-20-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velocci (Post 58075354)
Hi all, I read the Blu-ray review of Black Hawk Down and it says "The "F**king Irene!" scene — just a little after the 37-minute mark — remains an awesome, room-pressurizing listen, reaching down to 5Hz with serious decibels, which could potentially ruin a sub while the majority of other subs don't even know it's there". So I got the Blu-ray disc from the library and watched it. I guess my sub falls in the "don't even know it's there" class cause I didn't hear much base during this scene. I have the SVS PB-2000. what kind of sub do you need? are there such subs that can reach down to 5hz? or was it that I had a setting on my AVR that was wrong?

Depending on your room size you need a LOT of big subwoofers to feel 5-6hz, and they need to be sealed subs generally speaking. No single sealed subwoofer is going to give you the feel you are looking for in that scene unless you are on a wooden suspended floor in a small room. On a concrete slab I've experienced that scene with SIXTEEN 18" sealed woofers at @popalock s, and you can see what it does here, and with multiple enthusiasts and their different reactions. Those ultra low frequencies are odd. They'd sum in modes in the room and make intense shows, pant legs flapping, doors rattling like crazy, etc, but then 2 foot to a different direction and you'd feel almost nothing. It was certainly a mix of hotspots in the room.

Timestamp 11:49

By the way - I love these guys!
@carp , @popalock , @beastaudio ,
That was such a fun night and a good trip!
Austin, buy a house, build up your thirty-two 18's, and we'll get the Band back together.

Lastbutnotleast nailed it. You can use a BOSS platform to get the feel without spending multiple thousands of dollars for the effect.

lmidgitd 05-21-2019 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archaea (Post 58076778)

Video unavailable. Using google chrome.

neutro 05-21-2019 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmidgitd (Post 58077378)
Video unavailable. Using google chrome.

When it says that on an embedded Youtube video, you can generally click on the banner on top of it to directly go to youtube page. I think there's a setting when you post a youtube video to allow it being embedded on another site.

lmidgitd 05-21-2019 06:29 AM

Ah, good to know. Thanks

McStyvie 10-24-2019 06:18 AM

Holy cow, @Jindrak , that is awesome work!

I had downloaded the first couple discs the old school way on the old thread and it took ages, this is a very elegant solution.

I am so glad I checked back by here, thank you so much for this hard work!
Cheers,
McStyvie