The Thompson Theater - Page 11 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 41Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #301 of 400 Old 12-30-2014, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,233
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11 View Post
Great idea......which has me thinking. Can be a pain walking into room and forget about turning Peavey 7500 on.......besides, thinking of picking up another 7500 and having a trigger associated with processor........very handy.
Yes it is very handy. I set up my remote control so all I have to do is push one button and the theater is ready to go. Having to go and turn on amps in not in my agenda lol.

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Pain Infliction is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #302 of 400 Old 01-09-2015, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,233
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Added another rack to clean up my network laying on the floor and also installed surveillance system in it as well. Note all the extra room for more amps hint hint. Took me about 12 hours to get it all set up and it is paying off. Still need some more wire management but that will get done this weekend. Crappy cell phone pics but I will get better pics when it is completely done.










Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	1655
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	468345   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.jpg
Views:	3759
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	534561   Click image for larger version

Name:	image4.jpg
Views:	1717
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	534569  

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander

Last edited by Pain Infliction; 02-08-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #303 of 400 Old 01-09-2015, 11:43 AM
Member
 
Stridulent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Looks great man. I really wish my room had a closet off of it.
Stridulent is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #304 of 400 Old 01-09-2015, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dholmes54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Edmonton, Kentucky
Posts: 1,863
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 145
I've said it before and I'll say it again, love your theater pain! I wish I lived closer to you I would invite myself over! Are you going to get Atmos,you have the spks for it.
dholmes54 is offline  
post #305 of 400 Old 01-09-2015, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,233
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Thanks guys! I do plan on going with Atmos, but I am going to wait another year or two to make sure all of the speaker configurations are in check and to see what avr's have to offer then as well. I am also in the middle of designing the speakers so that they will be out of sight. I also bought two more 18" subs that I have no clue on what I am going to do with them. I just couldn't pass up free shipping. I am a dumbass.

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #306 of 400 Old 01-09-2015, 08:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JVoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Beaumont, TX
Posts: 1,046
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Looking very sexy. Do you have 2 closets in that room or is it just 1? The back of your original rack looks like it's in a different room than the second one.
JVoth is offline  
post #307 of 400 Old 01-09-2015, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,233
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 515
No it's the same closet. It is just odd shaped. The other door behind the seats is an attic door.

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #308 of 400 Old 01-12-2015, 07:15 AM
Newbie
 
kevin@b4u.be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
The room looks great! What did you use for the acoustic panels as far as framing of the panels.. I first thought it was 2x2's but the wood seems too thin. Also did you use these the same wood framing on the walls to attach the panels to the wall?

thanks
kevin
[email protected] is offline  
post #309 of 400 Old 01-12-2015, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,233
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Kevin, Thanks! I used furring strips for the panel frames. I attached them to the wall with 1 1/2" brad nails. No wood on the wall to hold the panels. Straight into the drywall.

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #310 of 400 Old 01-13-2015, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,233
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Got some woofage in the mail today! These should be up and running in the next week or two.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0477.jpg
Views:	1041
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	476778  

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #311 of 400 Old 01-13-2015, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
dormie1360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 671
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 105
^^^She's going to break a lot of hearts!

Regards, John
Video: Digital Projection 330 HighLite HC, Stewart 1.3, Radiance Pro, Anamorphic Lens
Audio: Trinnov Altitude16, QSC iCore250, QSC DCA 1622 Amps
Speakers: Procella P8's, P6V's, P18, Triad Silvers Atmos 11.3.4
dormie1360 is offline  
post #312 of 400 Old 01-13-2015, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,233
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by dormie1360 View Post
^^^She's going to break a lot of hearts!
Thanks! That is really nice.

I don't think that it is possible for her to break any hearts because she is NEVER allowed to date! Same goes for my younger daughter.

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #313 of 400 Old 01-13-2015, 06:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Fatshaft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 1,994
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 593 Post(s)
Liked: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
Thanks! That is really nice.

I don't think that it is possible for her to break any hearts because she is NEVER allowed to date! Same goes for my younger daughter.
PI, you have a very beautiful daughter and she will break hearts!!

My Build Thread
Equipment Speakers:
3x 1099's for LCR duty
4x Fusion 8's for surround duty
8x subs: 4x FTW21's and 4x SI18's

Last edited by Fatshaft; 01-14-2015 at 06:49 AM.
Fatshaft is offline  
post #314 of 400 Old 01-18-2015, 03:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
doublewing11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Timber Country!
Posts: 5,784
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 984
Miracles happen!

Go Seahawks!

BTW, your S2 should sell quick........quality sub.
doublewing11 is offline  
post #315 of 400 Old 01-18-2015, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,233
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatshaft View Post
PI, you have a very beautiful daughter and she will break hearts!!
Thank you sir! She is grounded for the rest of her life now that you
guys are saying this. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11 View Post
Miracles happen!

Go Seahawks!

BTW, your S2 should sell quick........quality sub.
That was a great game! Looked like Green Bay was going to roll them at the beginning but they were settling for field goals and that can come back to haunt you later as it did.

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #316 of 400 Old 01-18-2015, 10:31 PM
Senior Member
 
kikkoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 279
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Wow, nice room, setup, and equipment! Jealous for sure All that equipment looks expensive, lucky you're able to get that by the wifey I have alot of rewiring to do on my part b/c I recently joined the projector party with the BenQ W1070 and was able to get a 2.35 screen really cheap but its a pain to get the projector to display the content on that screen b/c it's not truly 2.35 projector. So need to look for a good deal on 16:9 and test mounting the projector as well. Also have to pretty much move the speakers to the opposite wall b/c I need to use a fixed screen, but wiring behind the back wall of the house is a pain.

Anyhow, I am planning in the next few months to put my content on a server and stream to my Mede8er but haven't really decided which route to take. Looks like Flexraid is working nicely for you, so I will have to look into that for sure. Also, looks like you know what you're doing so if I have any questions about your room I may have to ping you for sure.

As others have noted, I may have to invite myself over to see that theater room...hahaha..j/k....but I agree with you on the girls not dating...I have twin daughters

kikkoman is offline  
post #317 of 400 Old 01-19-2015, 05:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,233
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 515
^^^^Thank you! Feel free to chime in and ask any questions you like. Good luck on your journey and congrats on joining the projector club.

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #318 of 400 Old 01-19-2015, 05:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JVoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Beaumont, TX
Posts: 1,046
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkoman View Post
Wow, nice room, setup, and equipment! Jealous for sure All that equipment looks expensive, lucky you're able to get that by the wifey I have alot of rewiring to do on my part b/c I recently joined the projector party with the BenQ W1070 and was able to get a 2.35 screen really cheap but its a pain to get the projector to display the content on that screen b/c it's not truly 2.35 projector. So need to look for a good deal on 16:9 and test mounting the projector as well. Also have to pretty much move the speakers to the opposite wall b/c I need to use a fixed screen, but wiring behind the back wall of the house is a pain.
Not sure what your budget is but for $1500 or a maybe a little less, you can buy a Lumagen Radiance Mini. That will allow you to utilize your 2.35 screen with any projector, regardless if it has motorized zooming or not. Not to mention, it will correct a lot of problems from your projector as far as grayscale and color.
Pain Infliction likes this.
JVoth is offline  
post #319 of 400 Old 01-19-2015, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,233
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 515
I second the Lumagen!

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #320 of 400 Old 01-19-2015, 06:51 AM
Member
 
Stridulent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
I second the Lumagen!
Still a dream of mine to own one some day. A less costly option is an HTPC (especially if you are already using one) where you can set the display resolution to 1920 x 817 (2.35:1). I use JRiver, which crops black bars off and moves subtitles. 2.35:1 video fits the screen perfectly. 16:9 video is shown with vertical black bars on the left and right. The only problem arises if you are watching anything that isn't coming from your HTPC. My theater is mostly used for movies, but sometimes I use it for sporting events. In that case, since it is not that often, I usually just do manual zoom on the projector. Waiting for DirecTV to come out with a computer card, or fully functional online streaming (who knows, this might exist now. time to google).
Stridulent is offline  
post #321 of 400 Old 01-20-2015, 05:59 AM
Senior Member
 
kikkoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 279
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVoth View Post
Not sure what your budget is but for $1500 or a maybe a little less, you can buy a Lumagen Radiance Mini. That will allow you to utilize your 2.35 screen with any projector, regardless if it has motorized zooming or not. Not to mention, it will correct a lot of problems from your projector as far as grayscale and color.
At this time it is out of my budget, but good to know that there is an alternative vs. the anamorphic lens route. It will definitely be cheaper to buy a fixed screen once I move all my equipment. But just wondering, does the Lumagen actually display by converting the content to 2.35 b/c right now, I have to move my projector manually closer to the screen and then zoom it to fit the 2.35 screen. So that I don't believe is true 2.35 b/c I have to zoom it on the projector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stridulent View Post
Still a dream of mine to own one some day. A less costly option is an HTPC (especially if you are already using one) where you can set the display resolution to 1920 x 817 (2.35:1). I use JRiver, which crops black bars off and moves subtitles. 2.35:1 video fits the screen perfectly. 16:9 video is shown with vertical black bars on the left and right. The only problem arises if you are watching anything that isn't coming from your HTPC. My theater is mostly used for movies, but sometimes I use it for sporting events. In that case, since it is not that often, I usually just do manual zoom on the projector. Waiting for DirecTV to come out with a computer card, or fully functional online streaming (who knows, this might exist now. time to google).
Good to know on the HTPC. I currently have a PC that I record all of my tv shows using a cable card from Comcast that I stream but via my Xbox 360 as a Windows Media Extender. I use a Mede8er device to stream and watch my ripped movies especially 3D to the projector, but need to start planning out streaming via my network so I don't have to do so much manual work.

kikkoman is offline  
post #322 of 400 Old 01-20-2015, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JVoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Beaumont, TX
Posts: 1,046
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Kikkoman,

When you have a 2.35 screen, you zoom your projector all the way out to fill the screen. Obviously you'll have a large amount of the picture hanging off the top and bottom of the screen. But when you set up your Lumagen for CIH (there are instructions on their website for this), you'll normally be in 16:9 mode on the Lumagen which will actually display a 16:9 picture on your 2.35 screen. It's not distorted or anything like that. If you have 2.35 material (Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc.) you'll of course have black bars on the sides of the screen and now on the top and bottom resulting in a very small picture. If you push the 2.35 button on the Lumagen remote, it then fills the entire screen with the picture. It's perfect every time with no part of the picture hanging off the side of the screen like with lens zooming. If you want 16:9 material to fill the 2.35 screen, then you push the NLS button on the remote, and it stretches the image to fill the 2.35 screen. It's a hell of a feature. You can basically watch everything in 2.35. Go to youtube and search for Brolicbeast media and see if you can find his video demonstrating what the Lumagen can do for a CIH setup.
JVoth is offline  
post #323 of 400 Old 01-21-2015, 12:05 AM
Senior Member
 
kikkoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 279
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVoth View Post
When you have a 2.35 screen, you zoom your projector all the way out to fill the screen. Obviously you'll have a large amount of the picture hanging off the top and bottom of the screen. But when you set up your Lumagen for CIH (there are instructions on their website for this), you'll normally be in 16:9 mode on the Lumagen which will actually display a 16:9 picture on your 2.35 screen. It's not distorted or anything like that. If you have 2.35 material (Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, etc.) you'll of course have black bars on the sides of the screen and now on the top and bottom resulting in a very small picture. If you push the 2.35 button on the Lumagen remote, it then fills the entire screen with the picture. It's perfect every time with no part of the picture hanging off the side of the screen like with lens zooming. If you want 16:9 material to fill the 2.35 screen, then you push the NLS button on the remote, and it stretches the image to fill the 2.35 screen. It's a hell of a feature. You can basically watch everything in 2.35. Go to youtube and search for Brolicbeast media and see if you can find his video demonstrating what the Lumagen can do for a CIH setup.
Thanks I see what the device is capable of, which is nice to be able to display all content on a 2.35 screen. I currently have a 125" 2.35 screen and can live with it for now based on the manual setup I have. Ghetto setup but I bought some blackout cloth at first and just displayed the 1.78 material on there, but was able to pickup the 2.35 screen very cheap. So for now, that screen just sit in front of the blackout. I only watch 2.35 material at this time b/c of the headache to move the screen and projector to watch 1.78 material each time. This is why I was just going to look into getting a 1.78 fixed screen, but definitely want to use the 2.35 screen. With the Lumagen it is possible, but darn I wish there were some other alternatives b/c that thing is expensive.

An alternative is to setup a mount to like a bookshelf but allow the mount to move so that I could manually adjust when watching 1.78 and 2.35 material, but that would require a change each time when going from one source to another. Cheaper for sure but still more work and doesn't correct issues with movies which switch between the 2 sources in movie.

Also I jumped around in the video but I think I saw the Lumagen handle movies like Dark Knight which go from 2.35 to 1.78 and back automatically right? I wasn't sure if a manual button had to be pushed on the remote or not.

kikkoman is offline  
post #324 of 400 Old 02-07-2015, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,233
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Update!

Finished the subs other than the UXL drivers are not installed. So for right now I have the SI HT18's in the boxes. I have not tuned them because I am going to wait for the UXL drivers, but they do have an audyssey cal on them that is for the S2. They sound great by themselves but definitely need a tune. When integrating them with my other subs, it sounds good, but I need to adjust delays as well as eq. Right now I have them running off one channel of a Peavy IPR2 7500 with a 4ohm load. I guess that is somewhere between 1000w to 1200w each. I also didn't take a lot of time to make them pretty because they will be hidden. I just painted them with flat black paint to make sure they don't show through the acoustic material.






Now you see them........



Now you don't.


The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #325 of 400 Old 02-07-2015, 05:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
doublewing11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Timber Country!
Posts: 5,784
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 984
Subs look great!

You have me thinking.............stacking some UXL's?
doublewing11 is offline  
post #326 of 400 Old 02-07-2015, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,233
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11 View Post
Subs look great!

You have me thinking.............stacking some UXL's?
Thanks DW! Are you going to buy some more UXL's?

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #327 of 400 Old 02-08-2015, 08:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
doublewing11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Timber Country!
Posts: 5,784
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
Thanks DW! Are you going to buy some more UXL's?
Just don't know yet.........too many items to purchase for Atmos ie amps, speakers, processor.......you even have me thinking Lumagen.

I'm taking TMcG's advise and am waiting for processor which is 2.0 and 2.2 HDCP compliant..........I really want to pick up the Marantz 8802 now........but am showing restraint..

Adding another four UXL's was on my mind, but with major expenditures in near future, waiting to see if the four are truly needed. as of now, my theater fund is growing with the sale of my Krell Evo 403 several months ago.......I have enough now for Datasat or Trinnov unit.......but I really need to find a cheaper and as worthy alternative.
doublewing11 is offline  
post #328 of 400 Old 02-08-2015, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,233
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11 View Post
Just don't know yet.........too many items to purchase for Atmos ie amps, speakers, processor.......you even have me thinking Lumagen.

I'm taking TMcG's advise and am waiting for processor which is 2.0 and 2.2 HDCP compliant..........I really want to pick up the Marantz 8802 now........but am showing restraint..

Adding another four UXL's was on my mind, but with major expenditures in near future, waiting to see if the four are truly needed. as of now, my theater fund is growing with the sale of my Krell Evo 403 several months ago.......I have enough now for Datasat or Trinnov unit.......but I really need to find a cheaper and as worthy alternative.
I agree with waiting for a future Atmos avr or pre/pro. I have been telling a few friends the exact same thing. It is just too new and I have a feeling that there will be something better to offer in the next year or two. It's just really hard for me to hold back right now as well, because I want Atmos really bad and I have designed some speakers that I am going to build.

Adding another four UXL's is nuts! But I can understand the sickness.

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Pain Infliction is offline  
post #329 of 400 Old 02-08-2015, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
Jeff in Canada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 670
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post
I agree with waiting for a future Atmos avr or pre/pro. I have been telling a few friends the exact same thing. It is just too new and I have a feeling that there will be something better to offer in the next year or two. It's just really hard for me to hold back right now as well, because I want Atmos really bad and I have designed some speakers that I am going to build.

Adding another four UXL's is nuts! But I can understand the sickness.
Oh, I agree as well. I like my Denon 4520, I want Atmos or what ever DTS comes up with in the next 9 months, but the smart play is wait till they sort it out and prices drop.

I'm also intrigued by the potential minidsp with Dirac Live products that are coming. It never, every ends........

Audio: Denon AVR-4520, Fusion 12 Tempest (LCR), Fusion 8 Alchemy (4xSurrounds+2xWides+2xHeights),4 x 15" Dayton Ultimax
Video: Sony VPL-HW40ES, Darbee Darblet, SMX 2.35:1 Screen
Seating: Fusion Lagoon Chairs
Theater Build
DIY Speaker / Sub Build
Jeff in Canada is offline  
post #330 of 400 Old 02-08-2015, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Pain Infliction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 4,233
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff in Canada View Post
Oh, I agree as well. I like my Denon 4520, I want Atmos or what ever DTS comes up with in the next 9 months, but the smart play is wait till they sort it out and prices drop.

I'm also intrigued by the potential minidsp with Dirac Live products that are coming. It never, every ends........
The more tuning options out there, the better! Patience is a virtue.

The Thompson Theater

RIP William Alexander
Pain Infliction is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Behringer , Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , diy , Emotiva , Epson 5020ub Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Front Projector , jtr captivator s2 , lumagen radiance , Popcorn Hour A 400 Network Media Jukebox , Yamaha Rx V667 Receiver

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off