Old Woods Theater 2.0 - Page 11 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 48Likes

post #301 of 313 Old 02-27-2016, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claybe View Post
Thanks. I have been looking at the statements and finalists. Do you have a review of their sound? Also are you still using the Clearwave 4cc center or did you build a finalist center? If you are using the 4cc with the statements how do they blend together? Thanks.
I sold my Dynamics and the matching center channel to a guy in IL. That's when I designed the Statement II remix and a revised Statement II center channel. I don't think I have a review of their sound anywhere, but I will say this. I compare their sound to be very similar to the Paradigm Prestige 95, only with a more open sound. I was able to build a set of speakers for roughly the MSRP price of the Paradigm's.

The Other Theater (most recent build)
Old Woods Remodel
Old Wood Theater (first build)
Emotiva RMC-1 9.1.6 | JVC X790R | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XPA 4-3s | Oppo 203 | DIYSG 1099 | DIYSG Volt 8 | DIYSG Volt 6 | SVS PC-4000 | Seymour UF 132"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 313 Old 08-03-2017, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 1328 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by deewan View Post
I've begun making some drawings and calculations for the second row bar and rear subs, but have not started construction. So until either of those projects are added, here is how the theater stands today.

So do you get much sound leakage through the back double doors?

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
post #303 of 313 Old 08-03-2017, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladeback View Post
So do you get much sound leakage through the back double doors?
A fair amount of sound escaped through the double doors when closed. The doors were solid wood with weather seals, but they were a big weak point in my sound isolation. However, the double doors were a must for me so it was something I had to live with.

Old Woods Remodel
Emotiva RMC-1 9.1.6 | JVC X790R | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XPA 4-3s | Oppo 203 | DIYSG 1099 | DIYSG Volt 8 | DIYSG Volt 6 | SVS PC-4000 | Seymour UF 132"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #304 of 313 Old 08-03-2017, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
A fair amount of sound escaped through the double doors when closed. The doors were solid wood with weather seals, but they were a big weak point in my sound isolation. However, the double doors were a must for me so it was something I had to live with.
I take it they go into another room into your basement? Is that for entertaining purposes? My wife wants something like that for ours, but I could also could just have a side entrance with a dedicated hallway to control sound more and a nicely sealed single door.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
post #305 of 313 Old 08-03-2017, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

The double doors lead to a living space in the basement. I enjoyed the flexibility the double doors provided when entertaining. The game could be on inside the theater and almost everyone outside the room could look in and see the entire screen and not miss a play. It was also very convenient for moving large furniture and equipment in and out of the room.

Old Woods Remodel
post #306 of 313 Old 08-03-2017, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The double doors lead to a living space in the basement. I enjoyed the flexibility the double doors provided when entertaining. The game could be on inside the theater and almost everyone outside the room could look in and see the entire screen and not miss a play. It was also very convenient for moving large furniture and equipment in and out of the room.
That is what we were wanting the double doors for as well, but I worried about the sound leakage into the room and upstairs. That's one I have to look into more now. Right now I don't have that big of speakers that I think sound leakage into the adjoining rooms or upstairs is a big thing, but I going to do my best to soundproof the room encase I ever upgrade to bigger speakers or more subs. I am also trying to keep noise out as well. What all is in you adjoining living room? I am thinking hopefully a bar and game room, with pool table, darts and other things.

Thanks for the quick response.

post #307 of 313 Old 08-03-2017, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Outside the theater was a sitting area with a TV, sectional and bar area. Then an open staircase to the main floor. Outside the theater the sound was greatly reduced than the sound inside the room. The main issue with the sound leakage for the upstairs was simply the bass (impact). If the subs were not on and the theater was playing at reference levels, it wasn't that bad upstairs. But the bass, that shook things off the walls. Maybe not literally, but my wife said it did.

femi and Ladeback like this.

Old Woods Remodel
post #308 of 313 Old 08-04-2017, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Outside the theater was a sitting area with a TV, sectional and bar area. Then an open staircase to the main floor. Outside the theater the sound was greatly reduced than the sound inside the room. The main issue with the sound leakage for the upstairs was simply the bass (impact). If the subs were not on and the theater was playing at reference levels, it wasn't that bad upstairs. But the bass, that shook things off the walls. Maybe not literally, but my wife said it did.

Nice area. That is why my wife wants me to have doors to ours when we finish it and I did at first till I went on the Theater Crawl back in Feb. My theater is looking to be 14'x26' and the area outside it would be 18'x33'. I was planning on eventually having a pool table darts, shuffleboard and a game table maybe. Also would like a bar in part of the area. Not sure if it would get used, but I built they would come, right?

Right we are going to work on finishing the outer walls, ceiling and bathroom in the basement. I am working on getting the HVAC figured out first.

post #309 of 313 Old 10-13-2017, 06:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Did I read it right someplace you are selling the Statement II LCR's, if so care to talk about the replacements? (and PM me if you still have them, might be interested in that)
post #310 of 313 Old 10-13-2017, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock99 View Post
Did I read it right someplace you are selling the Statement II LCR's, if so care to talk about the replacements? (and PM me if you still have them, might be interested in that)
You did read it right. I am selling the Statement II's. But I'm not really motivated to sell them because I love them so much. But I have no need for them. I'll send you a PM.

Old Woods Remodel
post #311 of 313 Old 10-20-2017, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks for those who sent messages about the Statement II speakers I had for sale. They are officially sold!
Waterboy77 likes this.

Old Woods Remodel
post #312 of 313 Old 05-19-2019, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
I have decided on the wall lights. I just ordered 4 of these. I liked the fact they will provide some uplight to help contrast the down firing light from the cans in the ceiling and the black shade will add some contract in color to the side walls. They should be delivered and hopefully I will have them installed by the middle of next week.

Regarding the unfinished rear wall... after the wife shot down all my ideas of how to finish it, I have tasked her with coming up with the method of how to complete it. Sounds like it might be some sort of metallic paint. Who knows how it will turn out.... I just hope I have veto power if she decides on something completely outrageous.
Where did you find those sconces?
post #313 of 313 Old 05-19-2019, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Stagger View Post
Where did you find those sconces?
They were purchased online. They do not make that exact model anymore. Here is the latest version:
https://www.wayfair.com/lighting/pdp...990.html?piid=

Old Woods Remodel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page