The Beast, Unleashed - Page 231 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2674Likes

post #6901 of 6965 Old 07-10-2019, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 703 Post(s)
Liked: 1228
While the new JVC's are pretty awesome (I went with the rs2000/nx7 and a Paladin DCR lens for my 150" wide scope screen), I feel like their biggest strengths are in the built in tone mapping and the flexibility of the installation modes. The image sharpness and stability would be an improvement for you, but since you already have a Lumagen, I can't help but feel that the improvements would be too incremental. For me it was the combination of a lot of incremental improvements that made it all worth it. Plus I started with an Epson 5040 projector, so I had a lot of room to improve.

I definitely noticed an increase in fine detail over an e-shift projector, but the truth is I stop paying attention to that part once I get into the movie, so by going native 4k you will gain something, I'm not sure it is worth the price.

I don't recall if you use an a-lens or what your screen size is, but I have to say that I attribute a large amount of the improvement I got to the lens and the extra light it brought to my setup. Between the tone mapping and the a-lens, I gained so much brightness in HDR that I now use the color filter for ALL HDR content, no matter how dark the movie. The ~10% loss in these newer projectors is barely noticeable, so I didn't feel like I sacrificed any light for more color.

Don't get me wrong, I can't recommend the new JVC's enough, and I am simply thrilled every time I am in my theater now, and whenever I can do HDR, I get giddy about it. Next year (when the blow of the new projector, DCR lens, and finishing the rest of the basement subsides a little), I will either pick up a Lumagen or the MadVR Envy to get the dynamic tone mapping. But regardless of how happy I am with things now, I still have to suffer through bright corners that bother me more and more, and the contrast, while superior by far to my last projector, isn't better than the last couple generations of JVC. The nx9 lens would be awesome to have, just for a little more light, but I can't imagine improving on the sharpness and detail I have now, and I don't think the larger lens helps with the bright corners... These may not be issues for you, but I am just saying it to show that it isn't all roses and unicorns...

Anyway, just my 2 cents. In your shoes I would wait and go for the next iteration of laser projectors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6902 of 6965 Old 07-11-2019, 07:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 1380 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkersten View Post
While the new JVC's are pretty awesome (I went with the rs2000/nx7 and a Paladin DCR lens for my 150" wide scope screen), I feel like their biggest strengths are in the built in tone mapping and the flexibility of the installation modes. The image sharpness and stability would be an improvement for you, but since you already have a Lumagen, I can't help but feel that the improvements would be too incremental. For me it was the combination of a lot of incremental improvements that made it all worth it. Plus I started with an Epson 5040 projector, so I had a lot of room to improve.

I definitely noticed an increase in fine detail over an e-shift projector, but the truth is I stop paying attention to that part once I get into the movie, so by going native 4k you will gain something, I'm not sure it is worth the price.

I don't recall if you use an a-lens or what your screen size is, but I have to say that I attribute a large amount of the improvement I got to the lens and the extra light it brought to my setup. Between the tone mapping and the a-lens, I gained so much brightness in HDR that I now use the color filter for ALL HDR content, no matter how dark the movie. The ~10% loss in these newer projectors is barely noticeable, so I didn't feel like I sacrificed any light for more color.

Don't get me wrong, I can't recommend the new JVC's enough, and I am simply thrilled every time I am in my theater now, and whenever I can do HDR, I get giddy about it. Next year (when the blow of the new projector, DCR lens, and finishing the rest of the basement subsides a little), I will either pick up a Lumagen or the MadVR Envy to get the dynamic tone mapping. But regardless of how happy I am with things now, I still have to suffer through bright corners that bother me more and more, and the contrast, while superior by far to my last projector, isn't better than the last couple generations of JVC. The nx9 lens would be awesome to have, just for a little more light, but I can't imagine improving on the sharpness and detail I have now, and I don't think the larger lens helps with the bright corners... These may not be issues for you, but I am just saying it to show that it isn't all roses and unicorns...

Anyway, just my 2 cents. In your shoes I would wait and go for the next iteration of laser projectors.
Wish I had your guys cash to get a new JVC. I am trying to figure a way I can talk my boss, I mean wife into letting me get a refurbished 5040 maybe, but she also wants the basement finished first, so will probably do that and upgrade at a later date in a year or so. Most of my friends think I am crazy for building a theater and don't understand why I want 4K and Dolby Atmos. The rs2000/nx7 looks huge bay the way, whats that thing weigh?

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
post #6903 of 6965 Old 07-11-2019, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 703 Post(s)
Liked: 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladeback View Post
Wish I had your guys cash to get a new JVC. I am trying to figure a way I can talk my boss, I mean wife into letting me get a refurbished 5040 maybe, but she also wants the basement finished first, so will probably do that and upgrade at a later date in a year or so. Most of my friends think I am crazy for building a theater and don't understand why I want 4K and Dolby Atmos. The rs2000/nx7 looks huge bay the way, whats that thing weigh?
A little over 50 lbs.

My secret to being able to afford to have a theater: No Wife.

It also helps to live somewhere that is pretty cheap to live, and to have the DIY skills to be able to build what others would have to pay bucketloads of cash to do for them. And it helps that I already spent over 25 years supporting and raising kids and no longer have (as much) of that financial responsibility...

I'm so tired of working on my basement though... Almost done, but it took all my spare cash and all my spare time this year. Just a few more days of filling nail holes, caulking trim, touch up painting, and I'm almost there. Then maybe I can finally finish my theater, lol! I bet I have about 400 hours into the basement now, but it is so much better to not have had to pay someone else to do all that work...
impreza276, optoguy and wilfredent like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6904 of 6965 Old 07-11-2019, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Matt,

Hope you and the family are well. I'm looking for 6 Atmos in-ceiling speakers to match my all-Seaton system.

How do you like your RSL C34Es? If you had it to do over would you still choose them?

Thanks!
post #6905 of 6965 Old 07-11-2019, 04:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by CintiAudio View Post
Hey Matt,

Hope you and the family are well. I'm looking for 6 Atmos in-ceiling speakers to match my all-Seaton system.

How do you like your RSL C34Es? If you had it to do over would you still choose them?

Thanks!
I bought my RSL's after hearing Matt's, and I am absolutely thrilled with them. They were a great match with my Triad Platinum, and are a great value for the price!
post #6906 of 6965 Old 07-11-2019, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 4993 Post(s)
Liked: 3832
I use the RSLs with my Plats as well! Heck of a deal!
post #6907 of 6965 Old 07-11-2019, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 150
I just prchased the NX5 a few weeks ago. I’m going to try pretty hard to get a lumagen next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(2) GoldenEar References, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000 (atmos), (2) GoldenEar SuperSat 50’s, (2) GoldenEar Triton 7 (rears), Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), JVC NX5, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Panasonic BP - UB 820, Marantz 8805, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 9 (gen 3) Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite, 4K Apple TV
post #6908 of 6965 Old 07-12-2019, 03:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 1886 Post(s)
Liked: 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkersten View Post

I completely agree with the points above! When the NX9 was first announced, the Dynamic Tone Mapping was really one of the features that “immortalized” it in my mind. But since DTM on the Lumagen is working so well, it really all comes down to lens quality and light output. As I sat back the other day, and ran through some demos, I realized that I’m really, really satisfied with the picture that I have right now, thanks to the Lumagen! I’m going to sit tight—I might go to CEDIA this year. If I do, I’ll watch the laser video offerings with a very careful eye. I really do want the next upgrade to be laser.

I don’t use an A-Lens, as I use Lumagen scaling to ensure ALL my content fills my screen, whether native 16:9 or not. One of the reasons I’m so excited for IMAX Enhanced program is that things are headed back to the “full screen” format, which is the most enveloping to me...especially with my curved 12ft wide screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
wilfredent likes this.
post #6909 of 6965 Old 07-12-2019, 03:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladeback View Post

I think we both wish we had @dkersten ‘s cash! Lol.

wilfredent and dkersten like this.
post #6910 of 6965 Old 07-12-2019, 03:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisG View Post
I bought my RSL's after hearing Matt's, and I am absolutely thrilled with them. They were a great match with my Triad Platinum, and are a great value for the price!

Hey, Curtis! Man, I’ve been meaning to email you about your final subwoofer decision! Glad you’re enjoying your RSLs!!! They really sound great with the Plats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post

I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again—I would have paid 4x their cost if that’s what RSL was asking for them! They’re just great speakers. I was planning on getting some more for the gym remodel, but then the voice of reason (aka Mrs. Brolic) reminded me that I had boxes of 12 Sonance in-ceiling speakers doing nothing in a closet, and than I needed to put them to use before buying anymore ceiling speakers. She was right.....but there’s another part of the basement that I plan to A/V-ify very soon....and I’m getting the RSLs for that section!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CintiAudio View Post
Hey Matt,

Thanks!

Man, i just love them! Great output, and sound clarity to boot. Their edgeless design is also really neat from an aesthetic perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediddy View Post
I just prchased the NX5 a few weeks ago. I’m going to try pretty hard to get a lumagen next year.

Hey man, I’d highly recommend grabbing the Lumagen—the feature list goes sooooo far beyond its world-class CMS. In my opinion, the best HDR image possible on a display today requires a Lumagen. The HDR Intensity Mapping and Dynamic Tone Mapping features are MUST-HAVES!!!

mikela, curtisG, llang269 and 1 others like this.
post #6911 of 6965 Old 07-12-2019, 08:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Quoted: 726 Post(s)
Liked: 1244
Hey Matt....I'll be following closely your lead on projector decisions over the next few years. I too am interested in a projector upgrade in a few years and have been waiting for the technology to mature. For me personally, a laser light engine with onboard tone-mapping would be killer....not sure if such an animal will ever exist though.

On the audio side of things, have you made any decisions regarding a BOSS or two in your theater? As always, if you need any help with your BOSS design or integration into your different rows of seating just hit me up.
post #6912 of 6965 Old 07-12-2019, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked: 575
How does the Lumagen DTM compare to the Panasonic players DTM?

Denali Cinema
JVC-RS540, 124" Wide 2.40:1 DIY Screen, Denon 8500H, Denon 6200W, Panasonic UB820 UHD Player, (3) iNuke 6000DSP; (2) iNuke NX3000D; (3) HTM-12; (14) RSL C34e surrounds; (2) 18" DA RSS460HO-4 Subwoofers; (1) DA UM18-22 18" Ultimax Subwoofer; (4) DA RSS390HO-4 15" Reference HO Subwoofers; BOSS Platform - (12) 12" Subwoofers
post #6913 of 6965 Old 07-12-2019, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisG View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again—I would have paid 4x their cost if that’s what RSL was asking for them! They’re just great speakers. I was planning on getting some more for the gym remodel, but then the voice of reason (aka Mrs. Brolic) reminded me that I had boxes of 12 Sonance in-ceiling speakers doing nothing in a closet, and than I needed to put them to use before buying anymore ceiling speakers. She was right.....but there’s another part of the basement that I plan to A/V-ify very soon....and I’m getting the RSLs for that section!

Man, i just love them! Great output, and sound clarity to boot. Their edgeless design is also really neat from an aesthetic perspective.

Guys,

Thanks so much for your recommendations on the RSL C34Es speakers for Atmos duty.

The low price threw me but they look like a great deal.

Scott
post #6914 of 6965 Old 07-12-2019, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Hey, Curtis! Man, I’ve been meaning to email you about your final subwoofer decision! Glad you’re enjoying your RSLs!!! They really sound great with the Plats!

Hey man, I’d highly recommend grabbing the Lumagen—the feature list goes sooooo far beyond its world-class CMS. In my opinion, the best HDR image possible on a display today requires a Lumagen. The HDR Intensity Mapping and Dynamic Tone Mapping features are MUST-HAVES!!!

I’ve made a ton of upgrades in the last few months including a new processor, atmos, 4K including projector. Working on acoustic panels including something pretty slick and about to get a rack. So next year after the smoke clears thats my main objective

(2) GoldenEar References, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000 (atmos), (2) GoldenEar SuperSat 50’s, (2) GoldenEar Triton 7 (rears), Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), JVC NX5, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Panasonic BP - UB 820, Marantz 8805, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 9 (gen 3) Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite, 4K Apple TV
post #6915 of 6965 Old 07-12-2019, 07:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazensol View Post
Someone smarter than me will have to provide more detail but the Lumagen looks at individual scenes and adjust accordingly. The Panasonic does not do that. At the moment, the only other solution that works similarly to the Lumagen is MadVR.
mikela, BrolicBeast and llang269 like this.
post #6916 of 6965 Old 07-18-2019, 04:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazensol View Post

Not completely sure how it works in the Panasonic (I am 100% discless currently); however, the Lumagen analyzes every.single.frame (yay!) and adjust accordingly. It really is something special, and can work with any HDR source (whereas the Panasonic player’s DTM would be limited to discs played in it’s drive).

Quote:
Originally Posted by trhought View Post

On the audio side of things, have you made any decisions regarding a BOSS or two in your theater? As always, if you need any help with your BOSS design or integration into your different rows of seating just hit me up.

I know I want to do it, I just need to get some time to do some woodworking. I am going to be building a platform to raise my rear row by about 4 inches, and that’s the perfect opportunity to implement BOSS right under the seat!

trhought, mercracing and brazensol like this.
post #6917 of 6965 Old 07-18-2019, 05:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I know I want to do it, I just need to get some time to do some woodworking. I am going to be building a platform to raise my rear row by about 4 inches, and that’s the perfect opportunity to implement BOSS right under the seat!
While having a theater on the 2nd floor has its many disadvantages, needing ANY KIND of seat shaker technology is not one of them. And if I want more (I don't), a tiny bit of adjustment to a target curve at the very low end, or judicial use of a low shelf filter, will give it to me.

Matt, as I have proved yet again working on someone else's theater, "there is no replacement for displacement".

Since you ONLY have 2 subs in each of your front two corner, make that 4 in each of those corners, and then double of the the 4 in the rear of your theater. And "presto", 6dBs of additional headroom. Then add a low end shelf filter and adjust accordingly. The economy would appreciate such a decision as would Mark Seaton. Your bank account, on the other hand, may think otherwise!!
llang269 likes this.
post #6918 of 6965 Old 07-18-2019, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
While having a theater on the 2nd floor has its many disadvantages, needing ANY KIND of seat shaker technology is not one of them. And if I want more (I don't), a tiny bit of adjustment to a target curve at the very low end, or judicial use of a low shelf filter, will give it to me.

Matt, as I have proved yet again working on someone else's theater, "there is no replacement for displacement".

Since you ONLY have 2 subs in each of your front two corner, make that 4 in each of those corners, and then double of the the 4 in the rear of your theater. And "presto", 6dBs of additional headroom. Then add a low end shelf filter and adjust accordingly. The economy would appreciate such a decision as would Mark Seaton. Your bank account, on the other hand, may think otherwise!!

MY BANK ACCOUNT WOULD LEAVE ME FOR A YOUNGER WALLET WITH NO HOBBIES!!!!

Lol.....actually, my custom shelf in “Ultra Mode” is crazy and borderline uncomfortable with some content. I usually use “Movie Mode” which is a dialed back Ultra Mode with much of the aggressions of Ultra mode, but guaranteed to never get uncomfortable (took a lot of testing to dial this in)

I’m really intrigued by BOSS because it’s something new, and the effects seem awesome!

BTW—planning for the next G2G, and I plan to have one group in the room all day so folks can manipulate my EQ modes in real time. I need to make another G2G planning post (hard to believe it’s been 9 months since my first “Official” G2G (shout out to the 21 awesome attendees and I hope to see many of you again this year). I’m planning a special demo reel to show off Dynamic Tone Mapping man.....I can’t wait to show what it does when unleashed! I know you live super far, but I’ll add you to the email distribution list when the time comes, just in case your travels take you to the mid-Atlantic region.

post #6919 of 6965 Old 07-18-2019, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Keep me posted buddy. We’ve talked about coming back to DC and we would like to see you guys again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BrolicBeast likes this.
post #6920 of 6965 Old 07-18-2019, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

You'll be surprised if you ever try a BOSS platform under any of your chairs. The feeling is quite natural and commanding...surprisingly so given the low cost and power needs. Suspended floors tend to have narrow bands of operation due to it's natural frequency depending on spans....typically less than 3-4 Hz in bandwidth. On either side of that band the TR drops considerably regardless of how much power is dumped into those side bands with low shelfs, PEQ's, etc.

With a BOSS platform, every frequency is the natural frequency down to about 3 Hz with the prescribed BOSS design and the feeling is quite natural when paired with far field subs.

Other members with quite capable far field subs like yours and Matt's are reporting outstanding results with the enhanced TR that the BOSS brings to their theaters. The feeling is very natural and commanding while playing nicely with the far field LF SPL. Also, because there's negligible SPL from the BOSS, integration is a piece of cake with existing subs....no need to re-calibrate. Build, set desired TR level and enjoy what a couple hundred dollars just added to your theater.

Not here to sell you but you really have to experience a BOSS to understand what I'm talking about.
BrolicBeast likes this.
post #6921 of 6965 Old 07-18-2019, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Yes, indeed. The back row riser will be an awesome opportunity for a BOSS. If you have any questions as your design comes into focus, I'm all ears.
BrolicBeast and Rjloper9 like this.
post #6922 of 6965 Old 08-03-2019, 06:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Matt: I have my Lumagen calibrated and updated my Shield software. Between Craig (the guy that did my calibration) and I, we could no longer get both the colorimetry AND the resolution correct. And when he did some on line checking, it is apparently a problem with this update.

So now the only way I can watch my ripped movies CORRECTLY is to stream through my Oppo! You may want to check as well since, with the Lumagen you can see what the Shield is outputting. It will not be correct!
post #6923 of 6965 Old 08-05-2019, 03:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Matt: I have my Lumagen calibrated and updated my Shield software. Between Craig (the guy that did my calibration) and I, we could no longer get both the colorimetry AND the resolution correct. And when he did some on line checking, it is apparently a problem with this update.

So now the only way I can watch my ripped movies CORRECTLY is to stream through my Oppo! You may want to check as well since, with the Lumagen you can see what the Shield is outputting. It will not be correct!

Hey Chuck,

Normally, I’d be scrambling to investigate, but I watched Alita Battle Angel on Friday after work w/ the latest Shield Update, and I REALLY, REALLY enjoyed the A/V presentation more than any move I’ve seen in quite some time. Because my eyes told me it looked beautiful, and the Lumagen DTM did its thing beautifully in manyyyyy many scenes, I’m going to leave as-is until Nvidia rolls out a fix!

post #6924 of 6965 Old 08-05-2019, 05:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I’m going to leave as-is until Nvidia rolls out a fix!

So you did not do the upgrade? You are fortunate. There are all kinds of problems: the position of the movie image on my screen is way off, the size of various screens is wrong, colorimetry is off, resolution is off. Totally unusable!

BUT, I did watch Alita using the Oppo as a streaming device, and the image and sound were off the charts.
post #6925 of 6965 Old 08-05-2019, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Naw, I did do the upgrade, but I enjoyed the picture so much after doing the update. I’m not having any picture size or colorimetry issues—haven’t checked the resolution, but it was crystal clear when I watched Alita. Are you getting a soft picture? I’m surprised that our experiences are so different with the same source.

post #6926 of 6965 Old 08-05-2019, 05:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Naw, I did do the upgrade, but I enjoyed the picture so much after doing the update. I’m not having any picture size or colorimetry issues—haven’t checked the resolution, but it was crystal clear when I watched Alita. Are you getting a soft picture? I’m surprised that our experiences are so different with the same source.
I have not been able to watch ANYTHING using the Shield since I did the Shield upgrade. It doesn't automatically put out 2020 for HDR, or 709 for SDR, automatically. Craig Rounds has 5 Shields in his home and he has had great results (as did I prior to the upgrade) so he will be going home and see if he can get his to work with the new firmware.. He did research while he was here and I am not the only one having major issues with the new Shield firmware.

As noted, I did watch Alita and the image was awesome (nothing soft about the image). The Lumagen is an amazing product (as is my projector!).
post #6927 of 6965 Old 08-05-2019, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

The Beast, Unleashed

Quote:
I have not been able to watch ANYTHING using the Shield since I did the Shield upgrade. It doesn't automatically put out 2020 for HDR, or 709 for SDR, automatically. Craig Rounds has 5 Shields in his home and he has had great results (as did I prior to the upgrade) so he will be going home and see if he can get his to work with the new firmware.. He did research while he was here and I am not the only one having major issues with the new Shield firmware.

As noted, I did watch Alita and the image was awesome (nothing soft about the image). The Lumagen is an amazing product (as is my projector!).

Wait, I encountered what you’re describing when I first purchased the shield last summer—in fact, I almost returned it until I took to YouTube. I don’t remember the video, but I found a video of someone who had this issue (regular guy) and got instructions from that video on how to change the right combination of settings the Shield menu to properly do the 2020/HDR and 709 for SDR. SDR was looking WONKY—super saturated and unnaturally bright. My guess is Nvidia fixed this out of the box issue by the time you installed your Shield. Let me screen shot my shield settings the next time I’m in the cinema and send to you. It looks like the update somehow triggered what I had previously experienced by changing a setting.

WIshed you lived closer—I have not yet updated the Shield in the Atmos Gym —would have lent it to you until you got the current Shield issue sorted out.

Given your coding history, this should be a breeze for you to execute a firmware rollback: https://forum.xda-developers.com/shi...vidia-t3811260

Last edited by BrolicBeast; 08-05-2019 at 05:53 AM.
post #6928 of 6965 Old 08-07-2019, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Put the masking up, just for kicks.....and I'm actually digging it. 12 feet is 12 feet, and the impact is still there!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
post #6929 of 6965 Old 08-08-2019, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Preliminary G2G “video” setlist for this years gathering. It won’t be happening until the Fall or early Winter, but need to iron out these things early! Some will stay and some will go, but this is the baseline. Keeping it to 10 clips because I want to dedicate time to real-time DSP manipulation in the QSC Qsys DSP system and the real-time Dynamic Tone Mapping manipulation in the Lumagen for attendees to play with.

mercracing likes this.
post #6930 of 6965 Old 08-08-2019, 02:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 719 Post(s)
Liked: 616
Quote:
Put the masking up, just for kicks.....and I'm actually digging it. 12 feet is 12 feet, and the impact is still there!
Dang you!!! I'm trying to make the transition from 2.35:1 to 16:9, and you're going the other way. I can't handle these decisions!!

Have you played w/this, w/o the Lumagen changing your image?
BrolicBeast likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Lumagen , Triad , Seaton Sound , Triad Inwall Gold 6 Lcr

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page