Forum Jump: 
 36Likes

post #241 of 333 Old 10-20-2015, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 154
finished installed door pics. . . if anyone is actually watching.

dave's shop is finishing up the balusters for the railing on the right side. there will be a half one on the wall with railing coming out to another full one on the landing. there will be a railing out of the half wall down to a full baluster on the left to the landing. no railing down to the floor cause we thought it would not look good. no railing up the steps also cause it takes away from the steps. inside of door isn't finished. it will get its last layer of green glue and cherry when we finish the room. we just wanted it done enough to get the door sealed and hung properly. when it's time we will pull the door and finish it at the shop.

IMG_3496.jpg by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_3502.jpg by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_3505.jpg by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_3511.jpg by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_3514.jpg by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_3513.jpg by Jim, on Flickr
Tedd likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 333 Old 10-20-2015, 06:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 867 Post(s)
Liked: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
Watching...just not much to see when you are in sanding Hell.
Your door is impressive. Makes me realize that I need more useful friends.
post #243 of 333 Old 10-21-2015, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidK442 View Post
Watching...just not much to see when you are in sanding Hell.
Your door is impressive. Makes me realize that I need more useful friends.
I guess I think the littlest thing I do is huge cause for me it is cause it takes me forever with getting anything done being so busy with kid stuff 4 days a week, working 2 jobs, and trying to travel as much as possible with my family. then when I have time the guys I need aren't ready or busy with something else. this whole past year has been a scheduling nightmare cause I can't expect them to help me when they have regular jobs on the burner. jim and I laugh on how this should have taken 2 months for a customer vs 8 months from what we have recently done. not to mention the 3 years it took to even get to this point.

Dave's one shop guy that you guys see in the pictures runs away from me when I'm in the shop now. he did the whole door build for us. he did a great job for never doing something like this. he was very worried about when we installed it but it fit like a glove. hopefully dave will n my bar soon. that should be a cakewalk for him since he does that kinda stuff every day. i'll just annoy him daily with my stopping by to see what is up. that's he nice thing about dave's shop. since he is my friend his guys know me well and he lets me direct them when working on stuff for me.

right now I'm just waiting on finishing the steps and then I can have my painter come back in a do final coats. then i'll finish my electrical. I just got all the zwave dimmers and new scene controllers for the basement.

after that i'll get in touch with nyal and see if he can get my baffle wall plans complete so I can wok on that over xmas break.
jim

Last edited by jimim; 10-21-2015 at 06:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 333 Old 10-21-2015, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post

I'm watching too...very silently though. Looking good. TMcG can rest easy now that you finished the trim correctly at the bottom of the stairs
post #245 of 333 Old 10-21-2015, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Changer View Post
I'm watching too...very silently though. Looking good. TMcG can rest easy now that you finished the trim correctly at the bottom of the stairs
Lol. Thanks man. I have been waiting to hear what Tim thinks. I didn't know there was a right and wrong way. Glad I picked the right one. I know the other way would have been all kinda busy and wonky!
post #246 of 333 Old 10-22-2015, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
No railing?
Some building codes require a continuous hand rail from the first step to the last step. Continuous meaning that you do not have to remove your hand to reposition on a different hand rail. Those stairs look awesome, would hate for you to have to rework them.
post #247 of 333 Old 10-22-2015, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm250rider View Post
No railing?
Some building codes require a continuous hand rail from the first step to the last step. Continuous meaning that you do not have to remove your hand to reposition on a different hand rail. Those stairs look awesome, would hate for you to have to rework them.

code in our area does not require continuous so the one going on the open side will be ok if we ever sell and have to add one. I don't have rails upstairs either. we didn't like how they were going to look. so again if we ever sell we can just add them. I know they should be there but I just couldn't do it. lol
post #248 of 333 Old 10-22-2015, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
good news!
I have basically the same set up as you but inverted. My main stair landing is on the second floor with steps going in both directions. When the inspector showed up he paused at the stairway, "theres a problem here but i dont know how to explain it, so im going to let it slide". Love living in a small town in the woods!
post #249 of 333 Old 12-06-2015, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Not much going on with the theatre, but Dave got the steps done and they got the mirror I helped build the shop installed. We decided to move on next to the bar due to the fact that it is ending up being more involved than just popping in some cabinets, and Dave being slammed at the beginning of the year. We have a ton of great detail being incorporated into the bar. He got going on the shells of the cabinets and finalized the layout while we were in Disney with my parents are some friends over Thanksgiving. I have to keep all my attention to the bar till it is ready for stain and then I can get a hold of Nyal and finalize the baffle wall and acoustic plan. I also have the door on the burner for the steamer. Waiting for the 2 estimates and then I will get that done before xmas.

In theatre news I have 95% decided on ATI amps but 5% of me is still thinking about Halo amps.

Here are some pics. Happy Holidays from AKL!

IMG_4330_HDR.jpg by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_5153.jpg by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_5117.jpg by Jim, on Flickr
JohnstownFlood likes this.
post #250 of 333 Old 01-15-2016, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Ok. Holiday is over. Back at it. Of course no theatre related stuff. We decided to go full steam ahead on the bar while the video side of home theatre decides where they are going with HDR and all the other new crap out there.

So. . . I gave Dave a rough drawing of where we are going with this. We took measurements and sat down his place for a few hours looking at other recent jobs. I wanted something that didn't scream bar, but I also didn't want it to look like a kitchen.

Untitled by Jim, on Flickr

Untitled by Jim, on Flickr

we laid it out on the floor of the shop cause of the one wall jogging out and needing to make sure we had access to water lines and service for the ice maker.

IMG_2044 by Jim, on Flickr

then we got a layout for the granite so we were able to pick out how many slabs we needed.

IMG_2122 by Jim, on Flickr

then his guys took over with me supervising and making changes as we went. the bar top layout and lower area where backsplash will be changed a lot. we ended up with a three sided boxed lower area with backsplash with the higher area on top of that. I also didn't want corbels to support he overhang so we are making the template down the shop tomorrow morning to have a local steel place cut the steel for me this week so i can powder coat it this week at the shop.

IMG_2060 by Jim, on Flickr
the access will have one of the raised panels on hinges so we can service as needed.

IMG_2061 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_2101 by Jim, on Flickr

and we are here now. the uppers are being finished up and then sanding will start. so by the end of next week it will get stain.

IMG_2128 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_2129 by Jim, on Flickr
pocket doors for microwave aren't done yet.

IMG_2130 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_2131 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_2132 by Jim, on Flickr
post #251 of 333 Old 01-15-2016, 01:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Quoted: 1616 Post(s)
Liked: 1812
Looks stunning! I'm always amazed at the difference applied moldings make to a finished piece.
post #252 of 333 Old 01-15-2016, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Awesome build @jimim . great attention to detail.... looking forward for the showoff..

I have started something myself..(13 X 22... second floor build) Need to start a build thread. currently in the sound proofing stage and lots of researching.

I like the way you organized the wiring build for both LV and HV. Can you provide some guidance on materials and layout plan?

Regards,
NJ
post #253 of 333 Old 01-16-2016, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcG View Post
Looks stunning! I'm always amazed at the difference applied moldings make to a finished piece.

thanks Tim! Template is done. That was easy. My dad can take it to the steel yard this week to get it made. We are going with 3/16". My only worry is the granite is now floating off the bar 3/16 off the bar. You won't see it for the overhang, but the side where the 2 columns are closer you will notice it when standing away from it. you will see that gap. solution is noticed is we will paint the steel as dark of brown as the stained wood to try and mask it. but if you still can see it then we will add 1/8" trim pieces around just the columns to add another profile. we have the space to do all the returns to make it look like it was not an after thought.

then i had to stay and help hinge a kitchen going out this week cause i was an hour late. lol
post #254 of 333 Old 01-16-2016, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandkisham View Post
Awesome build @jimim . great attention to detail.... looking forward for the showoff..

I have started something myself..(13 X 22... second floor build) Need to start a build thread. currently in the sound proofing stage and lots of researching.

I like the way you organized the wiring build for both LV and HV. Can you provide some guidance on materials and layout plan?

Regards,
NJ
thanks man.

so low volt was put down first cause it was more important to me. all i did was try and and keep all my material as close to each other as possible so it would leave more room for electrical to stay away. even if it was more material in distance i always tried to follow the same path. i ran nothing through the theatre for the rest of the basement in case i ever needed to rip into ceilings. i used those red electrical clips to hold all the wire in place as needed i didn't have to zip tie any of the bundles cause i was using going through joists most the time which sucked cause i have so many triple and doubled up ones. where i was running with joists i used those clips.

wire was personal choice. i used all ICE cable brand cause that's what I had access too. I used their RG6 quad shielded. I went light on runs of RG6. 2 each spot.

I used used Cat6 shielded cause I am running all my HDMI over Baluns. I wasn't taking any chances. I know a lot of people here will say it was a waste of money but I wanted to run it. If you uses shielded remember the ends have to be shielded and that is diff ends which are more money and all different termination tools. and they suck to terminate. I also used all the Cat6 for internet. for IR emitters I ran cat5e.

Electrical was run after and by myself and my friend who is a certified electrician. Just the typical electrical runs. What I did was add to my electrical service cause i already had a lot of pancake breakers which suck. So we upped the service, got rid of the pancakes. we then pulled the basement and lights only for theatre out into its own 100 amp sub panel. we also pulled the theatre and the audio video for the basement into its own sub panel. the audio video (not network pieces) for the theatre were all star grounded on it's own 110 leg in the sub panel. the audio and video and network for the rest of the basement on on the other leg. I wasn't worried about the rest of the basement, but I did make sure the only thing on the one side of the 110 leg is audio and video for the theatre and all is star grounded, meaning every outlet is home run and the grounds are all bundled together on their own with nothing else. this will help keep any hums or noises out hopefully. so each amp are on their own home run. my projector is on its own run. my pre-pro is on their own run. my cable box/bluray player will be on it's own. you don't have to do it that way, but again i had the room in the box and wanted everything as separate as possible. to just rule out issues.

hope that gets u going.

if you have more questions fire away. i have everything documented pretty well i think. it might be all over cause i start and stop so much but when i do a phase i do it all at once.

jim
nandkisham likes this.
post #255 of 333 Old 01-17-2016, 01:27 PM
d_c
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 227 Post(s)
Quoted: 1134 Post(s)
Liked: 1543
post #256 of 333 Old 01-17-2016, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_c View Post
Beautiful trim work!
thanks!
post #257 of 333 Old 01-25-2016, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Thank god for for my dad and making sure we are stocked up of supplies in our house. My dad brought tissues and paper towels down our house today so he brought them downstairs to our mechanical room. He walks in the room and there is water shooting all over the friggin place. My new zone pump sprung a leak. Damn thing is 6 mth old only. He called his buddy who is our plumber. He left the job he was at and came right down. Thank god my rack isn't full yet. ThT got soaked. A lot of my wife's Xmas boxes and paper got ruined. My security camera dvr got a bit wet but my buddy who was with chunky said it wasn't bad. Wiped it off and checked under it. Sucked! I was down there yesterday cleaning cause I'm getting ready for the bar and all was good. Must have happened early this morning.

On a positive point I did come home to a hot fresh pot of homemade pasta fagioli that my wife made yesterday. Lol

Bar is coming! Tomorrow I got to get that template up the steel place to have them cut it.
post #258 of 333 Old 02-03-2016, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

We are installing the first part of the bar Friday morning since I'm off from work. The plan is to set the rear bank of cabinets and mark for the low volt drops. I changed up things a bit again for the lightening in and under the uppers. Uppers can't go in till Granite goes down cause some touch the granite.

We are then going to play the island bank of cabinets and get the knee wall in place. Then I can run the electrical through the knee wall. When I'm done with that Dave will come back one day next week and tie everything together along with getting the seal in place for the barter overhang.

I also have to go down the shop tomorrow and clean and bomb the heck out of that piece of steal with some dark brown paint so it will hopefully blend in. If not we will do some trim surgery after the granite is in to hide it completely.

I'm hoping to have everything totally done plus backsplash by the first week of March. Then we can finally finish up phase one of the basement and I can give some attention to my darn theatre. Not like I will have any money what so ever left by then.

jimi
post #259 of 333 Old 02-03-2016, 07:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Sorry to hear about your water damage, but it sounds like your Dad caught it in time - good thing.

Great job on your door & sound seal. And your bar looks fantastic - it is something most of us will likely envy!

Very clean space and nice build (some of us are slobs... ). Your attention to detail is obvious in your results. Keep up the great work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Schmidt Haus Theater - WIP (or not) since 2010

Last edited by schmidtwi; 02-04-2016 at 04:31 PM. Reason: grammar...
post #260 of 333 Old 02-04-2016, 04:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidtwi View Post
Sorry to hear about your water damage, but it sounds like your Dad caught it in time - good thing.

Great job on your door & sound seal. And your bar looks fantastic - it is something most of us will likely envy!

Very clean space and nice build (some of us slobs... ). Your attention to detail is obvious in your results. Keep up the great work.
Thanks man. I'm going to get down the shop in a few to help the guys get things into the truck and make sure everything is wrapped up well. I have sneak in the paint booth too if Dave's guy isn't spraying up anything.

I appreciate the comments about the door and seal. That door was just a mishmash if what everyone here has done over the years. I hope it looks half as good on the inside when all done and tied into the room as most of you guys.

It has been taking us so long cause I'm trying to do everything with monthly money as to not touch any savings or anything and I want to do it right the first time. I just didn't want to throw something together. it's not like we need the space for now. would be nice though. the kids toys are killing me! I know I don't have the best theatre space, but I know Nyal will make it shine when we finish it.
post #261 of 333 Old 02-05-2016, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Great job so far! Too bad about the water but keep your chin up and press on! Very inspiring build.
post #262 of 333 Old 02-07-2016, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaAwakens View Post
Great job so far! Too bad about the water but keep your chin up and press on! Very inspiring build.

thanks!

thanks for stopping by. i appreciate it.

jim
post #263 of 333 Old 02-07-2016, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

ok phase 1 of the bar is done. didn't start the electrical yet cause I need a game plan to keep things neat. we also need to to put some kickers in so when the granite goes down it doesn't move the divider for the dishwasher/ fridge. we also need to get a small piece of additional steal made up cause for some reason we measured wrong down the shop. no idea what happened there. we also need to put in some blocking so the left side backsplash has something to rest against done by the wall. all in all i'm happy so far. i tried to edit out the pics so the color is true as possible. by friday i'm hoping to have the templates done by my granite guy and saturday we head down to allentown to pick out the slabs since we need at least 2. my wife has the color picked out also. we don't have any ideas on tile backsplash yet. i have lots of time for that.

colors in the running for granite are neptune bordeaux, typhoon bordeaux, and sienna beige. i think the sienna beige is on the back burner for her though. i'm trying to get hero go lighter but it isn't working.

IMG_5477 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_5478 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_5480 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_5481 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_5484 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_5485 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_5491 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_5494 by Jim, on Flickr
down the end is where we need to block for the granite backsplash right where the ice maker opening ends.
stead worked out awesome. we are adding an overhang on the end also cause we have a ton more room then we really thought we would have.

IMG_5492 by Jim, on Flickr

IMG_5482 by Jim, on Flickr

the above 2 pics were done for my plumber so he doesn't cry. did a nice big access panel door to have access to shut off and also for servicing and installing the ice maker pump since it's clear ice. we have to pump out the water. i went with a built in pump cause it was just easier for space. but we can slide the unit in and then he can hook up everything so nothing gets kinked.

so by friday templates! that's the goal.

to do: pick up steal. install extra piece, electrical, block for granite backsplash, kickers to keep divider for dw/fridge from moving. piece of cake!

thought i would throw a disney pic in cause i'm in disney mode again getting some things settled for the june trip with friends.
IMG_4629_HDR by Jim, on Flickr
i'm messing with multiple exposures for HDR pics since this is all there these days for video. lol pic looks way better on flickr cause it's full resolution there vs here.
post #264 of 333 Old 02-10-2016, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked: 2725
What an outstanding build, I love so many things about this thread. Love the wood.
post #265 of 333 Old 02-10-2016, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
What an outstanding build, I love so many things about this thread. Love the wood.
thanks man! that means a lot coming from you. you are a pretty talented guy! i love looking through ur thread. how is construction coming along? i hope well. especially wit the weather. when i built i was a basket case when winter hit and we weren't done with the brick. my dad's best friend who was my mason was the head of the union contractors for the masonry work on an extension to local college at the same time they were working here and there at my place and when winter hit and they weren't done up there and i was still like 40% not done i got really scared. they did a great job trying to keep things neat and in the spring we really never had to acid wash any parts of the brick. but man it was stressful. i hope you are moving along like i saw a few weeks ago!

it's really kinda turned into a everything but a theatre build. i'm surprised it hasn't gotten moved to the general room thread. lol but with the all the changes in audio and the huge changes in video i just thought it was a smarter move to finish up the rest of the basement first, plus i don't even have my acoustic plans yet and dave and myself haven't even started to talk about the wood work for the theatre in detail. he really wanted to get all my other stuff done before this year hit for him. he has a a bunch of summer homes out of state he has to do and will be on location for weeks when they need to install and has a ton of other work in our area this year. he just didn't want me waiting. which is a total surprise cause i'm usually way way way on the back burner. i'm practically not even in the shop. my stuff gets buried all the time. lol

Oh I forgot! i like the pics of the kid's they are getting big. i like seeing what pic you have up whenever i see ur posts. lol
post #266 of 333 Old 02-11-2016, 12:18 PM

Thanks for the kind words. Yes it's been a struggle and stressful. We don't really have the budget to do what we are trying to do, and that's why I end up DIY so much of it. It's not choice, but necessity!

Kids grow way too fast. Wayyyyyy Tooooooo Fasssstttttt!

Feels like they were just born, they will be 2 years old in May. Time flies.

I saw you disney pictures, my wife is a Disney nut. We go all the time.

As far as the wood working, really jealous. Looks awesome. I was contemplating buying a machine to make my own trim like crown and stuff, but I am not sure I should or not. I have a lot of trim work coming up, it could be cool. IDK. I plan to try to do all the milwork myself in my theater when the time comes, I would like to do raised panels, and built up trim, and all that good stuff. Might take me forever, or be forever before I can start at the pace I am going.

I just finished the demo of the old house, opened up the floor plan and installed the LVL beams. Next up, move the bathroom to make the kitchen bigger. It never ends.

I need to go back and read this thread in more detail when I get more chance. I like that wood shop I saw I assume you are in the cabinet business with that set up ?
post #267 of 333 Old 02-11-2016, 12:30 PM

Thanks for the kind words. Yes it's been a struggle and stressful. We don't really have the budget to do what we are trying to do, and that's why I end up DIY so much of it. It's not choice, but necessity!

As far as the wood working, really jealous. Looks awesome. I was contemplating buying a machine to make my own trim like crown and stuff, but I am not sure I should or not. I have a lot of trim work coming up, it could be cool. IDK. I plan to try to do all the milwork myself in my theater when the time comes, I would like to do raised panels, and built up trim, and all that good stuff. Might take me forever, or be forever before I can start at the pace I am going.

I just finished the demo of the old house, opened up the floor plan and installed the LVL beams. Next up, move the bathroom to make the kitchen bigger. It never ends.

I need to go back and read this thread in more detail when I get more chance. I like that wood shop I saw I assume you are in the cabinet business with that set up ?
post #268 of 333 Old 02-11-2016, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Agreed!
post #269 of 333 Old 02-11-2016, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Trim work is awesome, I love that stuff, if I ever move to NEPA, I know where I will be hanging [email protected] the wood shop. The place is looing great jimim.
post #270 of 333 Old 02-11-2016, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

No no that's my buddy's shop. I just spend too much time there. When I built my house he used to make me punch in like his guys to see how much time I racked up each week. Lol. He has been doing all my cabinet and mill work. We milled all my poplar trim down his place. We built the door here. Steps and cabinets obviously. The door was an experiment for both of us. Tried to take what I have learned here and applied it to his skill set. I came up with the build plan. He milled the outer layer. I helped put everything together. I designed the bar and bathroom elevations. I. Are up with the mix of buildups from previous jobs and some stud in my home already. His shop is nuts. A huge huge warehouse. The whole back is rough lumbar. That area is where everything gets milled. Next is his steps area. He only does the steps. Next is his door and I call it the detail area. Outside in the next room is the box and layout area. He spray room is also out there. He also has a room where stuff gets wrapped and set to go out on jobs.

He is the pro when it comes to all this finish work with me doing a lot with him but deaf more of the grunt work. I can do a lot but deaf not what he has done.

What did ur wife think of my Disney pics? She is a pro, right? Would love to know here take cause photography is my main hobby that I have taught myself over the years. My skills have grown cause of Disney. To get indoor character pics you pretty much have to shoot manual. So to get anything decent of my kids I had to learn manual. If not for our trips I would have never taught myself. I'm learning how to shoot multiple exposures now and work with them in Lightroom and some other software. I'm no where near good. My biggest problem is composition. Shots at Disney especially have to be composed different or they are just tourist shots pretty much. Che do love it there. I never posted the curios Dave and myself spent 2 years building for my collection. You guys would crack up. They r the first thing he shows people when he brings people into my house when I let him. They are awesome, but he always has to make fun of us cause of the Disney stiff we have in there. They rcsomewhere on my Flickr account with our master closet buildout I think. But yes we are a huge Disney family also. Even before the 2 kido's

All in all if it wasn't for Dave and my dad's friends I would not have what I dol. they r very good to me. Everything I know is cause of them.

Our next journey is the layout of the theatre. Dave busts me about that too. Calls it the Steven Spielberg room. He can't wait to do it though. I know he has some ideas of his own in his head.

He thinks we are all nuts though. Lol. When I first showed him the theatre plans and as I was framing he just laughed and laughed but now that we are all closed in and dry walled I think he gets it. He is proud of the door. Lol

That's my story. I'll take pics of the shop when I'm down there over the weekend. Tomorrow the templates are getting done and real eRly in the morning we have a few things to do for the granite guy. Some kickers, a box out, and some extra bracing we think we need.

We didn't get to it this week cause he was on the road and I needed the extra set of hands to hold things in place so I waited till the 25th hour to get it ready.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page