Cinema-Nati Theater Build - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 60Likes

post #151 of 280 Old 01-21-2016, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
A sneak peak at the "Rosemont South Cinema"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151115_104615_1453391545572.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	1198986   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151109_233903_1453391647806.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	1198994  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 280 Old 01-21-2016, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfattbill View Post
I'm right down the road from you.

Turned out great Kevin. I would love to check it out at some point, maybe motivate me to finish the basement here and move mine in from the garage, lol.

Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopShoe View Post
Kevin,

Can't believe I have just found your build! Your room looks awesome. I love the integrated posters with the panels. Happy to see another 'Nati AVS member (Frohlich is the only other one I know of).

Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
Kevin, room looks great!!!! I love how everything turned out. We should swap demo's sometimes since we live so close together.

I can vouch for Mike (Poopshoe) as well as he is all around great guy...which makes sense since he is a fellow buckeye fan and came to my house earlier this year for a demo
Quote:
Originally Posted by awilcox View Post
Great job Kevin! I have finally reached the fabric frame phase. Hoping to finish soon before "burn-out" sets in...again. Keep up the good work!

Adrian
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmetFerg View Post
You live next door to me(not literally), I live right across 129 from Bridgewater Falls Shopping Center. Your build looks awesome!
Hello greater Cincinnati area folks! Maybe we should try to organize some type of Theater get together... either roam to different theaters or just pick one... We could wait till Adrian (lives in Mason as well) finishes his... maybe motivation for him to finish! There is a guy in my neighborhood who is the one who pointed me at AVSForum who might be interested too.
post #153 of 280 Old 01-21-2016, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Looks like you are getting close now! Exciting...

are you updating your thread any more?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 280 Old 01-21-2016, 12:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2059 Post(s)
Liked: 2270
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmhvball View Post
Hello greater Cincinnati area folks! Maybe we should try to organize some type of Theater get together... either roam to different theaters or just pick one... We could wait till Adrian (lives in Mason as well) finishes his... maybe motivation for him to finish! There is a guy in my neighborhood who is the one who pointed me at AVSForum who might be interested too.
I don't want to hijack your thread but if anybody is interested in a Cincinnati AVS GTG , my wife and kids are at Disney the weekend of February 6th and 7th. So if people were interested and available I would be happy to host. Or maybe even be part of a "crawl" if we wanted to hit up a few different houses like you mentioned. I live in Kenwood so very centrally located. Let me know
post #155 of 280 Old 01-21-2016, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1207 Post(s)
Liked: 1006
Sounds like a great weekend. Too bad I don't live in Cincinnati anymore.
post #156 of 280 Old 01-21-2016, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I don't want to hijack your thread but if anybody is interested in a Cincinnati AVS GTG , my wife and kids are at Disney the weekend of February 6th and 7th. So if people were interested and available I would be happy to host. Or maybe even be part of a "crawl" if we wanted to hit up a few different houses like you mentioned. I live in Kenwood so very centrally located. Let me know
At the moment, my schedule is open that weekend - so, I am interested. If we wanted to do a 'Crawl', I could also host one of the stops...

Does anyone have one of those "Demo Blu-rays"?
post #157 of 280 Old 01-21-2016, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH2369 View Post
Sounds like a great weekend. Too bad I don't live in Cincinnati anymore.
You've been to my house before...you could come back to the Nati a for a DSI/JBL live demo

Quote:
At the moment, my schedule is open that weekend - so, I am interested. If we wanted to do a 'Crawl', I could also host one of the stops...

Does anyone have one of those "Demo Blu-rays"?
Lets get something together. Maybe ping a few people on this thread? If nothing else, maybe the two of use can demo each other's systems
post #158 of 280 Old 01-21-2016, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Lets get something together. Maybe ping a few people on this thread? If nothing else, maybe the two of use can demo each other's systems
Sounds good to me... although, my Speakers will certainly fail to inspire when compared to your set up!
post #159 of 280 Old 01-21-2016, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1207 Post(s)
Liked: 1006
Quote:
You've been to my house before...you could come back to the Nati a for a DSI/JBL live demo

Very, VERY tempting for sure.... If it wasn't SB weekend, I would be all over it. We throw a pretty big party and I will be helping the Mrs. get ready for it.
post #160 of 280 Old 01-21-2016, 07:42 PM

I'm in! The thread is not up to date. I have been focusing my efforts on the build instead. I do have pics documenting the progress. I am in Vegas until Sunday and back to working on the theater on Monday. Let's make the theater crawl happen!
post #161 of 280 Old 01-21-2016, 08:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Hey there fellow Cincinnatians, just wanted to say Hello. Looks like there are quite a few of us here. I'm a little further south than you all, across the river in Cincitucky (Burlington, KY). Just starting my build, it's not going to be as extravagant as some others but I plan to make a new space for me to enjoy. Newt's Cincitucky Theater
post #162 of 280 Old 01-22-2016, 04:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt1822 View Post
Hey there fellow Cincinnatians, just wanted to say Hello. Looks like there are quite a few of us here. I'm a little further south than you all, across the river in Cincitucky (Burlington, KY). Just starting my build, it's not going to be as extravagant as some others but I plan to make a new space for me to enjoy. Newt's Cincitucky Theater
Looks good Newt. Good luck with your build. Let us know if you want to join us in a couple of weekends (weekend of 5th/6th) for a small AVS GTG. So far it looks like we have:

"Frohlich" (me..real first name is Martin)
Awilcox
Kmhvball
post #163 of 280 Old 01-22-2016, 12:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Good afternoon gentleman!! I'd love to partake in the GTG as well. I'd be coming down from Dayton. I am in the craft beer biz and have an event on the 6th but could probably get out of it and have one of my reps cover.

What timeframe are we thinking? I could supply some beer? Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to bring any gear.

post #164 of 280 Old 01-22-2016, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt1822 View Post
Hey there fellow Cincinnatians, just wanted to say Hello.
Quote:
Looks good Newt. Good luck with your build. Let us know if you want to join us in a couple of weekends (weekend of 5th/6th) for a small AVS GTG. So far it looks like we have:
Quote:
I'm in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcallister View Post
Good afternoon gentleman!! I'd love to partake in the GTG as well.

What timeframe are we thinking? I could supply some beer? Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to bring any gear.
At the moment for me, both the 6th & 7th are fairly open, so, if others have restrictions- lets throw them out there... not sure if we should take this to e-mail, if you want to do that PM me and we'll go that route.

Once we have the plans, I can post here again in case some of the others could make it for some portion of it.

I'll need to talk with my wife a bit and see how much time I'll get to have... not sure how long this kind of thing could take.
post #165 of 280 Old 01-22-2016, 01:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Guys, we are taking this to e-mail so not to clog this thread So PM Kmhvball or myself so we can get that going and discuss timing, agenda, format, food, etc..

"Frohlich" (me..real first name is Martin)
Awilcox
Kmhvball
Mcallister
post #166 of 280 Old 01-23-2016, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopShoe View Post
Kevin,
Can't believe I have just found your build! Your room looks awesome. I love the integrated posters with the panels. Happy to see another 'Nati AVS member (Frohlich is the only other one I know of).

Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfattbill View Post
I would love to check it out at some point, maybe motivate me to finish the basement here and move mine in from the garage, lol.

Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by BmetFerg View Post
You live next door to me(not literally), I live right across 129 from Bridgewater Falls Shopping Center. Your build looks awesome!
Looks like several of us are getting together Saturday, February 6 from 2 - 6ish pm, send me a message if you want to join.

Kevin
post #167 of 280 Old 01-23-2016, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Nice Work!

Fellow Buckeye here. . . Thanks for sharing all of your hard work. . .stunning final product! I had 2 quick questions:

1. What is distance from each row to screen? I believe your screen is 56" high, and I and I am deciding seat distance for my build. My screen is tentatively 49 x 115 (room is 26 feet deep) but wondering if I need to go bigger.

2. Are you happy with the Pallisers so far? I am getting ready to commit to ordering 2 rows.

Your theater will look great for the next OSU title game! (I was going to say Bengals Super Bowl, but our kids/grandkids will have to wait for that. . . .)
post #168 of 280 Old 01-23-2016, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGohio View Post
Fellow Buckeye here. . . Thanks for sharing all of your hard work. . .stunning final product! I had 2 quick questions:

1. What is distance from each row to screen? I believe your screen is 56" high, and I and I am deciding seat distance for my build. My screen is tentatively 49 x 115 (room is 26 feet deep) but wondering if I need to go bigger.

2. Are you happy with the Pallisers so far? I am getting ready to commit to ordering 2 rows.

Your theater will look great for the next OSU title game! (I was going to say Bengals Super Bowl, but our kids/grandkids will have to wait for that. . . .)
My front row eyes are about 9' when reclined. Second row is about 15' when reclined.

My screen is 132" wide... I would say if my front row were 1 foot further from the screen, it would be my preference. I sit in my second row most of the time now, and definitely wouldn't want the screen smaller.

I like my Pallisers pretty well. A little bit firm, but all in all I like them. I like that my headrest extend up and tilt forward. When I am reclined , I always have them tilted forward.

Good luck with your build... looks like a nice space from the sketchup.
post #169 of 280 Old 02-06-2016, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Hey Kevin,

Sorry to post this on your room construction thread. Do you guys have a dedicated thread for the Cincinnati area GTG? If you do could you share the link?

Have a great GTG guys!

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Screening Room - The Dream House
RPCRT-TV Overscan Reduction
Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc

Reference 2: Blu-Ray Demo Disc

The Best of the Demo Discs Demo Disc

post #170 of 280 Old 02-06-2016, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post
Hey Kevin,

Sorry to post this on your room construction thread. Do you guys have a dedicated thread for the Cincinnati area GTG? If you do could you share the link?

Have a great GTG guys!
We didn't put together a Thread, maybe if we do it again in the future we will.

I have the 'Best Of" demo disc in my bluray player ready to go in a few minutes when people arrive. I appreciate the help on getting those set up!
post #171 of 280 Old 02-06-2016, 04:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Kevin, your room was SSSSOOOOO nice. I really love how everything turned out and pictures often don't give you a true sense for how things will look in person. I had a great time meeting everyone. You also have a very beautiful home. Sorry a couple of folks couldn't make it to my house after we left your house. For Chris, Adrian, David,etc.. some of you guys who aren't as addicted to AVS as Kevin and I are, stop by my thread sometime and say hello.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/29-wha...-man-cave.html
mcallister and BmetFerg like this.
post #172 of 280 Old 02-07-2016, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Kevin: thanks for hosting yesterday. Your subs rock it out-----I literally felt the bass hit me---especially in the front row----it was like my feet were getting a nice massage while watching a movie. I also like how you step up outside of your theater---so you get that effect of a sunken theater upon walking into it. To anyone else out there looking for such an effect---do it.
BmetFerg likes this.
post #173 of 280 Old 02-07-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviantheater View Post
Kevin: thanks for hosting yesterday. Your subs rock it out-----I literally felt the bass hit me---especially in the front row----it was like my feet were getting a nice massage while watching a movie. I also like how you step up outside of your theater---so you get that effect of a sunken theater upon walking into it. To anyone else out there looking for such an effect---do it.
Kevin & Martin,

Thanks for hosting yesterday's Cincy GTG. My heart's rhythm has finally normalized from the thunderous bass. Martin's atmos setup was unbelievable...the last thing I needed to hear as I push towards the finish line.

Job(s) well done!!!

Adrian
post #174 of 280 Old 02-07-2016, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Kevin, your room was SSSSOOOOO nice. I really love how everything turned out and pictures often don't give you a true sense for how things will look in person. I had a great time meeting everyone. You also have a very beautiful home. Sorry a couple of folks couldn't make it to my house after we left your house. For Chris, Adrian, David,etc.. some of you guys who aren't as addicted to AVS as Kevin and I are, stop by my thread sometime and say hello.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/29-wha...-man-cave.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviantheater View Post
Quote:
Kevin & Martin,

Thanks for hosting yesterday's Cincy GTG. My heart's rhythm has finally normalized from the thunderous bass. Martin's atmos setup was unbelievable...the last thing I needed to hear as I push towards the finish line.

Job(s) well done!!!

Adrian
It was nice meeting you all in person too, thanks for stopping by!
BmetFerg likes this.
post #175 of 280 Old 02-07-2016, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Kevin & Martin,

Job(s) well done!!!

Adrian
MOOOOOHHAHAHAHHAHA

It was a pleasure meeting you and I can't wait to see your finished room.
post #176 of 280 Old 02-08-2016, 03:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Thanks for inviting me out Saturday guys. It was great meeting and talking shop with everyone.

Kevin your room is fantastic and sounded great. Has me itching to get a dedicated room finally started! Just wish I had higher ceilings like your.

Sorry I had to leave early, Martin I really want to hear the JBL and S2 setup sometime soon!

post #177 of 280 Old 02-08-2016, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Thanks for allowing us to see your room in person Kevin, it was a great learning experience for me being in the process of building my room. Sorry I could make it to Martin's afterwards, I'm sure it was quite and experience hearing those JBLs.
post #178 of 280 Old 02-09-2016, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Here are a few updated picts... painted the Minisplit, touched up the rear door paint, slightly different angles, etc.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Wall - Straight On.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	1241673  
arsMatrix likes this.
post #179 of 280 Old 02-09-2016, 05:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Nice looking room - turned out great! Nice sized space to work with also. Curious to hear how your isolation efforts turned out?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Schmidt Haus Theater - WIP (or not) since 2010
post #180 of 280 Old 02-10-2016, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidtwi View Post
Nice looking room - turned out great! Nice sized space to work with also. Curious to hear how your isolation efforts turned out?
Thanks!

In general, I am quite pleased with the Sound proofing efforts. They do a great job of keeping sound 'out' of the Theater.

They do a good job of keeping most sounds in... the one area that still gets through , is the low frequency/ bass sounds.

My theater is in the basement, and the master bedroom is on the first floor, and I can watch movies late at night with out disturbing my wife & dogs at a level that is quite acceptable to me. If I wasn't concerned at all about sleeping family, I might turn it up a bit more - but not all that much. Frankly, I haven't turned it up to 'test' whether my wife would hear it... but, figure better save than sorry.
Rob Dobbs likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page