AVS Forum banner

3D Demo Disc Reelwood 3D

44K views 352 replies 95 participants last post by  deano86 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi here is my 2nd attempt at a 3d demo disc (they are not easy!)
superleo and the gang are working on an all singing all dancing disc but this should keep you entertained whilst we wait for theirs

here is the updated list of clips some are quite short, some quite long! these are just some of my favourite clips that i use when i'm demoing or calibrating my system or just want to watch some great 3d!
please check below for details and any issues i have found

the torrent is below named "reelwood 3dv2.zip" just download it and rename the .zip to .torrent then open it using your torrent client ( the forum wont allow uploads in the .torrent format :) )

Welcome- dts IMAX Reelwood
Star Trek into Darkness
Metallica Through The Never
Kung Fu Panda
Legend Of The Guardians
Stalingrad
Pacific Rim
Iron Man 3
Oz The Great And Powerful
Guardians Of The Galaxy
Katy Perry Wide Awake
The Amazing Spider-man
Gravity
Madagascar 3
Top Gun
Grand Canyon
The Hobbit Desalation Of Smaug
Transformers: Dark Of The Moon
Monsters Vs Aliens
Thor The Dark World
Men In Black 3
Man Of Steel
The Art Of Flight
Dredd 3D
Toy Story 3
Doctor Who
The Avengers
Kylie- Can't Get You Out Of My Head
Jurassic Park
Predator
Star Wars The Phantom Menace
Despicable Me
Titanic
300 Rise Of An Empire
Michael Jackson's Thriller
The Wizard Of Oz
Wrath Of The Titans
Noah
Need For Speed
Foo Fighters Walk
The Lego Movie
Get A Horse
The Amazing Spider-man 2
Captain America The Winter Soldier
Life Of Pi
Jackass 3D
Bjork Wanderlust*
Edge Of Tomorrow*
X-men Days Of Future Past*
Disney 3D*
LG*
* bonus videos not taken from blu-ray source
1080p Full HD 3D dts 5.1
tried on on standalones
toshiba
sharp
2 panasonics
only issue found so far panasonic not keen on selecting clips from the menus but plays fine and skips chapters ok
software players checked
powerdvd
TMT5

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
sounds great! looking forwards to the link pjvader! :)
BTW, my 3D player is NTSC only. Is this going to work for me?

#3 ·
it should do iirc when it comes to blu-ray the whole ntsc/pal thing isnt an issue it all works on framerates instead (im sure i will be corrected if not the case!)

#4 ·
Reactions: 8000HD
#5 ·
I'm downloading the files now, but I noticed that the contents are considerably smaller than what you had mentioned they'd be. When I checked the properties it shows ~21GB, but you stated that it would be 50GB in the previous thread. Is this because you are still uploading the files?

#19 ·
This disc is AWESOME!!! :):):)

Downloaded with no problem from Mega. Burned to BD-R with Imgburn and it played great in my Oppo BDO-93 (then I realized I could just put the BDMV folder on a USB thumb drive and play through the Oppo without burning a disc - which also worked fine).

Watched most of the disc last night with my wife in our Chasen the Dream Theater. Knocked my socks off. This is by far my new favorite way to demo our theater.

Thanks PJVADER!

#22 ·
:cool:I watched most of the disk today and it's pretty good!
Played perfectly fine in my Panasonic 3D blu-ray payer.
Avtar, Kate Perry Wide Awake & Madagascar 3 stood out for me.
Thanks to pjvader for a great effort!!!

#25 ·
I used Firefox. No issues.

#26 ·
I have substandard internet on a Verizon mifi - it flakes out several times a day. But at least it is a business one and has no download cap. I need a resumable download or a torrent file. Anyone hosted one yet? looking forward to seeing which of these 3d discs is worth buying. My collection of bluray 3d discs I've purchased so far has left me disappointed with the exception of Gravity and Avatar.

#27 ·
If you're dissapointed with anything other than Gravity and Avatar then I don't think this disk will
make you much happier either.

#32 ·
If you are going through a receiver. PS3 > Receiver > 3D TV. Your receiver must be HDMI 1.3 of higher otherwise you need to go from the ps3 directly to the 3D TV.

If you have a PS4 you are SOL, the PS4 does not support 3D bluray.

#39 ·
To my surprise the ps4 now supports 3d BD. I'm not sure if it was the very last firmware update or the one before it, but it had to be very recently.

Just re-watched gravity 3d but this time using the PS4.

Thanks for the head up Archaea.

Reactions: pjvader
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.