So onto the initial questions
1. As you might notice I don't have a specific media closet location. But if you look at the design, between the HVAC system and the HT room I have a little room.. do you think I can squeeze a media closet in there? I found this simple rack that is about 20" x 20" (http://www.sanus.com/en_US/products/racks/cfr1620/
) figure it could fit in there, but access to it behind the HVAC system is not easy at all, would prefer to have access to it from the play room side or do you think maybe have a door to it from the HT side? Or another option would be to put it behind the false wall, if you think that would be better?
2. Its not drawn in the plans, but my HVAC has a supply running down the right wall (if you were looking at the screen, the wall to the right). I was thinking I could run some flex duct work and have two supplies at the front of the screen. Then in the back of the room run a return in the sofffit in the back. Due to all the duct work run around that corner in the back right though, might cut into some of the media closet at the top if I do put it back there.. but I should still have plenty of space. Maybe I can do a skype call one day like you suggested and show you how that duct work looks now.
3. The walls around the room.. So as you can see I have thick concrete foundation walls that go around 3/4's of the HT, they are 9' tall, the joists sit at 8'9" from the floor. What do you think I should do for the interior walls?
3a. For the back wall I will probably need the most sound isolation, thinking a staggered wall with insulation and 2 layers of drywall with GG in the middle on the wall facing the HT. Would you think that is enough? Also on the wall facing the play room does that need to be 2 layer's dry wall and GG as well or just one regular piece of dry wall? Do you recommend staggered walls or decoupled walls with clips instead? From what I have read they are pretty much the same.. just that staggered walls I think my GC can do easier. But if I finish off the home theater myself I could always put up clips and rails.
3b. For the other three sides, that have a concrete wall on them. What would you recommend I do here? A simple frame with double drywall and GG? Staggered/Clips? I figured these wall's are like a wall within a wall so doing staggered/decoupled won't really do anything.
3c. For the ceiling I have my Kitchen right above the HT. Originally I thought of just doing clips and rails then hang double drywall with GG from that. But as I read more, putting double dry wall and GG attached right to the flooring might be a good idea too. The floor is just your typical base wood subfloor with a hard wood on top of that. How far do you think I need to go with the sound isolation here?
4. For the riser, I have read posts on the bass trap where you use 2x12 around the frame and 2x10's for the joists to put the flooring on. then put vents along the perimeter, making sure it doesn't touch the walls. Is this something recommended for my design?
5. Last question, what would everyone recommend on doing regarding the Contractor... Should I have them just frame everything and do basic electrical wiring/hvac type things, then I myself can run the speaker wires/video wires, then put up the insulation/clips/drywall? Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and what they ended up going with?
Thanks and if you have anything else you recommend I consider/do please let me know! I'll try to keep this thread well up to date with pictures as well!