Stone Water Creek Home Theater - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-06-2015, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Stone Water Creek Home Theater

I am in the process of building a new home in the Stone Water Creek development in Houston GA. The dedicated theater will be in the basement the dimensions are 18 x 23 , I know not ideal but it's what I have. The good news is there are no windows to deal with, so no issue with ambient light. The builder is sound proofing the room, I still need to find an architect to do the drawings to provide the builder. If any one has a good source please share.

I have the following front speakers and center channel paradigm monitor 11, I will be getting the following from earthquake, surround speaker Hestia (6) sub-woofers Supernova MKV-15 Veneer Black (2), ECS8.0 Edgeless In-Ceiling Speaker (4).

It will be a dolby atmos system, I am looking for advise on projectors, screens, media players, etc, my budget for this category is 15K

This is my first DHT so I want to do it right, thanks in advance foe any guidance you provide and Happy New Year

Respectfully

Billy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-06-2015, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked: 481
What exactly will your builder be doing to soundproof your room? I ask because it's probably wrong.

Shawn Byrne @SierraMikeBravo and Nyal Mellor @Nyal Mellor are two designers around here that can help with room design.

-

Nothing in this world will tick you off more than seeing a vegetarian eating pudding.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-06-2015, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BllDo View Post
What exactly will your builder be doing to soundproof your room? I ask because it's probably wrong.

Shawn Byrne @SierraMikeBravo and Nyal Mellor @Nyal Mellor are two designers around here that can help with room design.
so far he is offsetting the studs, we will also add a second layer of drywall with green glue, any suggestions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-06-2015, 02:25 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 451 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6019 Post(s)
Liked: 5599
make sure it is 5/8 heavy drywall not the 1/2 inch lightweight now being sold. Insulate, Sound attenuation in ducts, heavy door with seals, Hang the ceiling on clips and channel.
post #5 of 5 Old 01-25-2015, 07:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Across the street

Billy

I'd love to come by and see the finished product or assist if you need it. I'm just across the street in Ashbury Park, I just had an engineer come in to start discussing beam installation for my theater!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page