Hi everyone, I've moved to a new house and started a new room. After adding 3 more soffits to balance out the room, I couldn't decide on a way to finish the ceiling that would still allow me to access stuff later. Who knows what the surround format wars will bring!
So I decided on a drop ceiling using a standard 2x2 grid and tiles from www.ceilume.com
. (btw, those guys are great!)
Anyway, the entire room is 16'x24' with the drop ceiling area 12'x18'. The ceiling grid is standard Armstrong from Lowes and ceiling tiles are Ceilume 2x2 translucent Westminster tiles. Lighting is from 6" cans that were there from the builder with Philips HUE bulbs. I've added some pics to get feedback and show my progress...
More to come soon/On the drawing board...
- New PJ and Screen (replacing Epson 8350 and Carada 110" - thinking JVC X500R and ST158")
- Screen wall with hacked Ikea Besta storage units with fabric wrapped doors.
- Chair rail with some type of wall covering. (Taking votes on panels or curtains.)
- Seating (replacing 4 Berline 090's w/ Dark Blue bonded - had too many kids!)
- Power = Belkin PureAV Theater surge protector
- AVR = Pioneer SC-85
- Sources = FiOS and Oppo BD-103D (Thinking about Plex?)
- Speakers = Polk RTi70 Towers, CSi40 Center, FXi30 Surrounds, playing with Atrium 4s for Atmos/Backs, Velodyne 12" (Looking for replacements)
- Control = Logitech Ultimate Home w iPad Mini
Anyway, here's to getting your feedback and input.