Stating Project Jan 2016 - Creative mode *Suggestions please*
My wife and I purchased a different home with an interesting design which I would like to hear suggestions feedback of the layout of the basement and if there is really enough room to put a dedicated theater or just finish the basement into a great entertainment space. I will include a pic to scale of the basement with dimensions and also my first draft of utilizing all the space possible.
There are a few rules that my wife and I have set forth:
1. The big ass gym quality treadmill has to find a home somewhere
2. I just acquired an 8 foot pool table - really would like to keep
3. Love to setup a shuffle board along the long wall (29' 3" wall) *maybe a 14' table
4. Need a bathroom plumbed in, and plumber told me to pick location and $1500 and the rough-in will be done
5. Like a bar - well because I work hard and I like to unwind with a drink at night (maybe 2 or 3)
6. The shelter room will be dedicated as wine storage and storm shelter since I live in Kansas and tornado's seem to like us here
I will be doing most all the work myself. My last theater I put in the Grafik 3506, to control all my lights and built my own speakers in the columns following all the advice and suggestions on the forum. The basement was nice in old house, but more just entertainment, not comfy theater...which is what I want to do if at all possible.
I realize that I will be looking into all new equipment, but I'm leaning towards a projector system.
So right now, just looking for ideas on how to layout the space and once again, I totally appreciate any feedback!
Here are pics: