Installer Recommendation for Seattle Area - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By drunkpenguin

post #1 of 6 Old 11-11-2015, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Installer Recommendation for Seattle Area

I am in the Seattle area and trying to find out if anyone knows any good installers in the Seattle area. I am basically looking for someone to do all the wiring for the speakers, projector and equipment. Also building of a large AT screen and maybe some acoustic panels. All the other equipment I will be providing.
I talked to one company Cutting Edge Design that was referred to me and just looking at the install prices they seem high. They wanted to charge me $3k for wiring, installation and calibration, $1k for cables(which I know is high) and $1300 for a 120" micro perf screen. It seems high but I could be wrong. Didn't know if anyone here knows of anyone good in my area.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-11-2015, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1898 Post(s)
Liked: 1818
There's an installer in the mirror! He generally works cheaper than anyone else and can be as good as he wants to be.
bombertodd likes this.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-11-2015, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

I wish, I really don't have the time plus would like to have it done in a couple months.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-12-2015, 06:54 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Actually, $3000 for wiring, installation and calibration is way cheap! I would ask further questions though to vet them though on the calibration. What do they mean? How will the do it, and does itinclude audio and video? What certifications in all areas do they hold, and what equipment are they using for either audio and video? Does that cost include structured wiring and the installation of all equipment? This might help to determine if it's worth while or not. I can tell you a good audio and video calibrator worth their salt will charge that much for a quality, 3 day long calibration.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-12-2015, 06:57 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked: 249
If they don't perform any audio calibration beyond a radio shack meter, you might want to look elsewhere.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-14-2015, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

I will dig deeper on what calibration actually entails, but that $3k does include all wiring and installation of all components, projectors, speakers etc. They say it will be a two day job. I assume they will calibrate the projector, which I have never had done professionally, and sound calibration which I probably could do myself with Audyssey. I will clarify with them. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page