I've been working on my screen wall on and off over the last couple of weeks and finally got it finished this weekend. I used BIGs minimalist screen wall design and could not have worked out better.
Goal posts in place and the screen frame hung for a test fit. Since I don't have a stage to attach the goal posts to I had to figure out how to secure the bottom to the floor so they don't move around. I ended up getting some adjustable feet like they put on the bottom of desks and I put them in the bottom of the posts. I left them loose enough to move them around, attached the top of the posts to a couple of the ceiling joists, then once I got the posts plumb in both directions I tightened up the feet to hold them in place.
Panels built and in place for test fit.
Now to deal with this window. My room is not sound proof so I don't expect to stop all of the sound leaking out through this window but hopefully this will help a bit. I closed the blinds, put in some pink fluffy I had laying around then build a panel out of 2 pieces of 3/4" MDF glued together on the face. The outside piece overlaps the window by about an inch, the inside pieces was cut to fit into the window frame and the entire piece sits on the windowsill and is held in place with window sash locks. The only problem is this panel is very heavy as it's basically a full sheet of 3/4" MDF cut in half and glued together. From the outside it just looks like it always has with the window blinds closed. I put the paper side of the pink fluffy towards the the binds so none of pink could be seen from the outside.
Also as you can see I painted the posts and all the frames black.
I did not get pictures of putting the screen and panels together. I used the white over black Spandex from Spandex World for the screen held in place with the screen tight tracks and spline. This is the way to go when building a DIY screen, as its so easy to take off and re stretch the spandex if needed. Then I covered the surrounding panels with JoAnn's Royal Black Velvet. I went to harbor freight and got air stapler for $26, this was money WELL spent!
And here is the result, I am very pleased with how it turned out. All of the panels line up perfectly and the panels all fit in place with no Velcro or fasteners, all friction fit. The screen is 108" wide giving me about 124" 16:9 screen.