BAD Combo panels! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 03-18-2016, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cdy2179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: central Louisiana
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 953 Post(s)
Liked: 883
BAD Combo panels!

Has anyone tried the BAD combo panels? I've heard of Quest being used around here but was looking into these.

http://www.rpginc.com/product_BAD_Panels.cfm
cdy2179 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 03-18-2016, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ChldsPlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 2,219
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1201 Post(s)
Liked: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdy2179 View Post
Has anyone tried the BAD combo panels? I've heard of Quest being used around here but was looking into these.

http://www.rpginc.com/product_BAD_Panels.cfm
I have some in my theater that @Nyal Mellor at Acoustic Frontiers spec'd.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4); Subs - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2)
ChldsPlay is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 03-18-2016, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cdy2179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: central Louisiana
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 953 Post(s)
Liked: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I have some in my theater that @Nyal Mellor at Acoustic Frontiers spec'd.
Cool, they actually extend a little lower than the quest panels. I'm waiting for an email reply to see what the prices are.

Did they specs a few on the side walls between your seats and the front?

Last edited by cdy2179; 03-18-2016 at 01:13 PM.
cdy2179 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 7 Old 03-18-2016, 02:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: PDX on the Columbia
Posts: 318
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdy2179 View Post
Cool, they actually extend a little lower than the quest panels. I'm waiting for an email reply to see what the prices are.

Interested to know what they are going for as well.

~JH
Jonny Hotnuts is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 03-18-2016, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HopefulFred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,767
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 578 Post(s)
Liked: 534
The concept of the BAD was devised by Peter D'Antonio and first sold by RPG. They hold the original patent: http://www.google.com/patents/US5817992 The same D'Antonio you see as the coauthor of "Acoustic Absorbers and Diffusers: Theory, Design and Application" the definitive title on the subject, many would say.
HopefulFred is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 03-18-2016, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cdy2179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: central Louisiana
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 953 Post(s)
Liked: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulFred View Post
The concept of the BAD was devised by Peter D'Antonio and first sold by RPG. They hold the original patent: http://www.google.com/patents/US5817992 The same D'Antonio you see as the coauthor of "Acoustic Absorbers and Diffusers: Theory, Design and Application" the definitive title on the subject, many would say.
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.
cdy2179 is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 03-19-2016, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
lpnaz480's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: az
Posts: 619
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 54
my front of the room and the ceiling are covered w/ them. they are really nice

My theater build : Roll-In Reels Cinema (7.2.4 atmos theater)
lpnaz480 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off