Status Update 3-28-2018
Been awhile since I have posted on the thread.
BS problems are the one's I hate the most..
So we went to go turn on the sprinkler system since shutting it off this past Autumn, and lowly behold, the back flow prevent valve housing sprung a leak. With the cold weather, the water that was trapped in the ballcock valve, froze, expanded and split the housing on the valve itself. Went to go turn it on, and spewing everywhere...Ugg , $100 bucks later, and a days worth of work once it arrived, I finally was able to turn on the sprinkler system again to water the yard, and the wife's new vegetable garden.. WAF went up.
Continue to staple fabric to frames. 18,000 staples in and still counting. I probably am over doing it as always, but I know my fabric won't move at all, or bulge, or anything, but I can tell you I am definitely not going to be un-doing them...ever...
Ran out of GOM Anchorage 2335 / Wolf 2027 and the GOM Anchorage 2335 / Onyx. Had to order 5 more yards of the onyx and wolf. Waiting patiently for this to come in.
Only about 12 more to complete of the 50 total I have to do. Yay
Sprayed my final coat of SW Tricorn Black today on soffit, wainscoting and columns. Been procrastinating on completing it, as I really don't like to paint. Had to buy yet another gallon to complete it. $50 poof. Besides, stapling the fabric to the frames was keeping me busy.
Also built a DB16 antena for HDTV. Local channels in Houston are ok I guess. We just got fed up with Comca$t when we changed internet, so we cut the cable cord. WAF went down after that, but that's $130 a month in our pocket.
, hence bring WAF back up a little. She still misses the national news and the weather channel.. oh well. I told her. time to do something else with our time.
Once the a couple of days pass for drying time for this final coat, going to be installing pink fluffy into the soffit, then I can begin the installation of the OC703. Debating on using impaling clips, or just using a 3" screws and washers to attach it.
Will have to feed the wires down from the attic to get them routed into the wire panel box. This will be a bit of a chore, as the temperature in Houston is starting to go up, and when it's in the 80's outside, it's like 95 in my attic.
Then I can start installing the panels. Yay!
DB16 antenna plans
72" board with copper whiskers. I made 2 of these.
80" tall dual DB 8 atnenna's.. moved into attic and install facing 167 degrees.
So after taking 3 days to build these, I took them up and installed them.. thinking I would get better than my 2x 2'x2' aluminum foil panels with 2 baluns, into a spliter , and back fed into the catv amplifer.
I ended up being no better off, as the roof has the foil sheilding for infra-red insulation on the underside of the plywood. WHAT A PITA!!! WASTE of TIME.. lol.. oh well. kind upset, but went back to stapling.
The work continues....