AX-SXR-28 slide out amp rack - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-06-2017, 04:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 777
Unhappy AX-SXR-28 slide out amp rack

Guys, as the title says i have a pull out rack by Mid-Atlantic and i bought both of the larger fans that mount on the top of the rack. I am not very pleased w/ the audible issue, as you can hear them in the next room. I was hoping that they would have a slight hum that is barely noticeable. Are these not the most efficient fan or are these suppose to be this loud. I was told that i can turn them on and off if need be, however, i would need these on during movies which will be an issue due to the noise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-06-2017, 12:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 606 Post(s)
Liked: 484
As a general rule, the more air that you move, and the faster it moves, the louder the fans will be. One of the biggest thing that you can do to reduce fan noise is to use a flexible insulated duct and put the fan in a remote location, far away from the theater. Use as large a duct as possible, and as large a fan as possible to reduce air speed and minimize noise. Use a fan speed controller to adjust the fan speed to balance the airflow and noise levels. Fantech is a popular manufacturer of inline duct fans. This thread may give you some ideas. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...n-testing.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page