Another good weekend! I put the DriCore panels down over the concrete and used TapCon screws to ensure the floor is secured and won't rattle! About 95% of the trim around the room is also now complete. The final pieces will be installed once I get the fabric panels on the ceiling in the front of the theater, and the screen wall built. Both of those parts of the project will happen once the carpet is in, which I ordered today!!
Given the Spartan theme, we chose a green/gray, patterned carpet from Lowes.
Should be a pretty sharp look when down.
So, painting is close at hand! I'm planning to paint the soffit, ceiling, columns (including trim), chair rail, wall below the chair rail, and baseboard all black. The upper wall between the chair rail and crown molding will be painted a dark green. Here's a screen capture of the paint which isn't real accurate, but you get the idea. With the carpet color, paint colors, and black chairs, it should all come together nicely.
So here is what the room looks like as of today!
First, looking at the stage..
And the rear of the room...
Hopefully this week I'll be able to finish the prep work on the trim and columns, and then get to painting ahead of the carpet, which should go down in about 3-4 weeks. Can't wait!!