No, I could not come up with a better name so lay off /s.
Wait is unglamorous a word? Anyway, I’ve been lurking on these forums for a long time now and have finally decided it was time to start a build thread of my own. I've been planning some remodeling ideas and big changes to our current dedicated room. The current room was a quick experiment I put together with some existing equipment (before I got too serious into HT). To get the wifey on board I had to go very low key with everything, so I started without any subs and a humble 5 speaker surround setup.
Purpose of this Thread:
As I share my hopes and dreams for the second wave of my dedicated theater project, my hope is that many of you will chime in and tell me what I’m doing wrong, thereby crushing my dreams like a grape.
Seriously though, it would be awesome to use this thread not only to help with the design of the room but also to help others with ideas and lessons learned. And maybe, just maybe, there will be people that can benefit from the information held therein as they read about my general misfortune and idiocy.
Regarding the name of the room, let’s just get this out of the way:
Is it a lame name? Yes.
Does it point to laziness and a general lack of creativity on my part? Yes.
Is it completely irrelevant since the room is on the second floor above the garage and clearly not in a cave? Yes. (Minor Details)
Does it perfectly describe my moronic personality and dry humor? Absolutely.
1. Create an acoustically accurate, fully immersive, and visceral room in which the users disappear into another reality one hour at a time.
2. Work around the existing architecture of the room; within reason
3. Create the most efficient use of space possible in a strange FROG room (Finished room over garage)
4. Be cost effective without compromising the quality of the room.
- I plan to use DIY as much as possible, where it makes sense.
5. Have fun and make some new friends along the way.
The next post will be the current room, which was largely a quick experiment. Following that post will be my plan for updates.