Originally Posted by Ladeback
Originally Posted by Little Chris
Congratulations on the theater (and the new job)!! I really like the sliding barn doors. Good job! Must be very nice to finally enjoy the fruits of your labor.
I can see on the crip that you also bring the little one in there. We do that as well with our kids. They love cartoons on the big screen
What are the last 2% that's missing?
Thanks, yes our oldest is almost 3 and he loves Mickey on the big screen. Our first movie was one of the Cars movies because you cant enjoy anything in there if they are not entertained. LOL
1. Make and install door handles on the sliding doors.
2. My buddy is building the small conventional swing door for the rear opening to the playroom, so when he finishes will install that. Will do a rigid handle with some kind of magnet closure on it.
3. All columns have an outlet in the bottom, but for some reason only 3 of those column outlets work. Gonna have to pull down fabric panels from columns and the soffit and chase wire to see where the power stops flowing around the columns.
4. I need to reinstall completely the riser lighting as it got messed up during carpet install so I just pulled it out and will redo it. Dreading this because those little LED connectors for slicing are the worst thing in the world to get to make good connections. I wish there was a better way to do it. Id about pay anything to avoid those little splicers, and I have no confidence they will maintain a good connection. When they were in there previously before carpet one day all sections would work the next one section wouldn't turn red, or wouldn't turn blue, or be off altogether. frustrating!
5. Need to install the LED lighting around the soffit tray.
6. Need to program the smart switches to my SMart things hub so I can control the lights from my phone or a tablet and create scenes.
7. First day in the theatre my son found a sharp object and stated jabbing the fabric walls cause it was fun to see the fabric push into the linacoustic. Luckily it didn't damage the fabric but I'm super cautious about where the beanbag seat is and what toys they have near the wall. In those front sections, I'm gonna pull the fabric panels down and replace the lionacoustic with some OC rigid board insulation so if a bean bag is leaning up on the wall, it wont stretch my fabric and push it into the linacoustic.
8. Need to install the floow speaker terminal cups for floor shakers.
9. Need to installa spacer on the rear floow outlets to bring the outlets up higher to carpet level and get a cover on em. its under the sofa now, so not dangerous but not covered either.
10. On the front screen wall fabric panels, Ineed to take one small panel 12x 6" and remove the staples on the 6" end, and trim about half an inch off that frame, spray paint and rewrap and staple fabric. After carpet those are too tall to install. Also will glue some magnets on the back so its a quick removal to access the DVD tray.
11. Get behind the screen and install the new samsung Bluray player I bought in August.
So, maybe more like 4%? Right now I'm just enjoying it and working on a couple more pressing outside projects like pressure washing and restaining my cedar fence. From what I gather from the neighbors it was installed about 8-9 years ago and has never been treated. A few boards are bowed several inches out, and many staples are pulling out, so need to run in a couple thousand screws, finish cleaning another 100 ft of it on one side, (230 ft x 2 sides originally) and then stain it as soon as my stain shows up in the mail.
Pondering best seating options but wont be till tax return time at minimum.