MOAR speaker building!
Since the left and right main boxes are a little out of the ordinary with the toe angles I designed in, I figured extra pics would be interesting. I worked through lunch to get done with work early today, then started assembling the left main. Here I've already glued and nailed the two leftmost pieces of the baffle together (just a 90 degree joint, nothing special). I've clamped on a couple scraps as stop blocks to assist with positioning the next piece.
The stop blocks line up the long edge for me, so I just have to line up the ends and shoot it with the brad nailer.
With the 3 baffle pieces assembled, I started on the sides. Here the left side piece is propping up that side of the baffle, and I'm working on attaching the right side. Again, stop blocks clamped to the workpiece to make alignment easier during glue-up. Just get it against the blocks, line up the ends, and shoot it.
Here I'm repeating the process for the right side panel. I took this pic from the side so you can see all the clamps being used. Two small blocks are clamped to the table, and the side panel is clamped to those blocks to hold it vertically. Two stop blocks are clamped to the side panel, to assist with lining up the long edge of the baffle. With glue spread on both pieces, I positioned it and shot it.
After that, I added the back panel. Here I'm tracing the shape of the box onto the top and bottom pieces so they can be cut with the jigsaw. (Not going for any fine woodworking awards here - these are going behind the screen after all
Top and bottom pieces in place, and a wild tweeter cup appears.
I added the rest of the components and gave it a quick test.
With the left completed, I started on the right. Here's a dry fit of two baffle pieces, sides, and back. To set the angle of the two baffle parts, I clamped a bunch of blocks to the table.
Sadly with the angles involved, I couldn't think of any way to add mechanical fasteners to hold this while the glue sets. I thought of maybe splining the joint, but... it's just a speaker baffle, under no mechanical stress. So I spread on a ton of glue, set the pieces between the blocks, and added some weight to drive the two pieces together. This is drying, then I'll get started on the rest of this speaker.