Forum Jump: 
 267Likes

post #181 of 316 Old 03-28-2018, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked: 786
@Draden1 - When the room is complete, or at least up and running, I'm sure I'll have some sort of open house to celebrate the 2017/2018 winter project. I heard Kimball is going to fly back for it.
kjlewie and Draden1 like this.

The Other Theater (most recent build)
Old Woods Remodel
Old Wood Theater (first build)
Emotiva RMC-1 9.1.6 | JVC X790R | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XPA 4-3s | Oppo 203 | DIYSG 1099 | DIYSG Volt 8 | DIYSG Volt 6 | SVS PC-4000 | Seymour UF 132"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 316 Old 03-30-2018, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

While the temperatures are not the seasonal averages they should be, this week’s weather was warmer and drier than it had been. So while it didn’t feel like had a lot of spare time to work on the room, the warmer weather provided faster working conditions so I did get a good amount done. I started the week deciding I should get the drawers installed in my rear cabinets. With any luck I’ll get a call early next week that my counter tops have been cut, polished and are ready to be installed. Getting the drawers installed will be much easier without the countertop on. So earlier in the week I built the drawers out of ½” oak plywood, installed the soft close drawer sliders and then installed the drawers into the cabinet. The drawers are faceless right now as I decide what style of drawer face I want. Whatever style I decide the drawer faces will be made out of maple and stained to match the rest of the cabinets/shelves.

Next I turned my attention to the smaller and more detailed panels around the entry door. The smaller size and fact they had to match up against the door jamb required a higher level of precision than the big panels. I also had to create a cutout and support for the light switch. After a few hours the door was “framed”.

That about ended everything I could do until either the countertop was installed or I started on the ceiling panels. Soooo, I guess I need to build some ceiling panels. Like a few things with this build, I had a design and then changed it… some designs a few times. My first thought of ceiling panels was to have two large panels near the side walls and then a narrow panel (roughly 2’-3’ wide) running down the middle of the room. I decided to switch that pattern and create a large panel in the middle of the room and two medium sized panels on the outside near the side walls. I began by marking the dead center of the room with my laser measure. I decided on a 6’ wide middle panel and marked 36” in each direction of the middle mark. No pictures were taken of the next step, but I did have to move some of my 2x2 splayed ceiling mounts to accommodate for this new design change. The first ceiling panel going up...

Before mounting the front panels which all frame a can light, I removed light, mounted the panel, cut a hole in the fabric for the light and mount the light. After the middle ceiling panels were up for the first two splays I measured again for the two side panels. Thank goodness I didn’t’ make the frames ahead of time and count on my accuracy. One panel was ¼” off center and the other was 3/8” off center. Lucky for me with the splayed walls I have some wiggle room and with all three panels up you can’t tell at all they are not perfectly centered in the room.

Unlike the wall panels thatn are beveled on all sides, I only put a 45 degree bevel on the forward facing edge of the ceiling panels. On the walls I wanted to draw attention to the individual panels and create some depth. On the ceiling I wanted to make it as seamless looking as possible. The pictures sort of exaggerate the seams. If the LED neon lights are not turned on you can’t see the panels or the seams at all. Which brings me back to one of my first design choices for this room; the splayed walls and a hope for a darker feeling in the room. Despite me not going full splayed walls
(angles aren’t as steep as dramatic as they should be), I do believe the angles create a darker look to the room. When you stand straight on looking at a wall or ceiling panel you can tell the color is charcoal gray. But from the seated position and the ceiling lights on full the ceiling panels look flat black and the wall panels look like a darker shade of charcoal. So while I created the splays for mostly the cosmetics of the room, the splayed walls do seem to have some benefits. Hopefully the same result is found once the screen goes up.

This weekend I hope to get the rest of the ceiling panels up and then I will be able to start measuring and building the top wall panels. Once those are complete if the countertop is installed I’ll begin working on the rear corner bass traps and columns. If the countertop is not installed I will begin my minimal screen wall and those black fabric frames.
LydMekk, kjlewie, DougUSMC and 1 others like this.

Old Woods Remodel
Emotiva RMC-1 9.1.6 | JVC X790R | Emotiva XPA-5 | Emotiva XPA 4-3s | Oppo 203 | DIYSG 1099 | DIYSG Volt 8 | DIYSG Volt 6 | SVS PC-4000 | Seymour UF 132"
post #183 of 316 Old 04-03-2018, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Time for a mid-week update.

I finished building and installing all the wall and ceiling panels. Despite my best estimates, I somehow ordered waaaaay to much fabric. I'm not sure if I thought I had one more splayed wall series to cover or what. Lucky for me I got the fabric while on sale so I didn't waste to much extra money. I guess now I have enough in case I ever need to re-do any of the panels or have another need for the fabric.

A few of the panels were a bit tricky as I had to go around a door or add internal supports for light switches, electrical outlets or a place to mount a speaker. Here is one example of one of a complex frame over the door.

The panels that have a speaker mounted on them needed some support for the speaker and mounting bracket. To mount the speaker I put in a 6" wide vertical support. I drilled a hole and ran the speaker wire through the support.

Once the panel was wrapped in fabric the speaker wire was pulled through the fabric.

All the panels overhand he splay by 2 inches. The overhang helps hide the LED neon lights. Here is a quick photo showing how the ceiling panels overhang and hide the LED lighting.

With all the frames built, I used the remaining staples from my starting quantity of 5,000 and covered all the walls with panels wrapped in fabric.

A few pictures of all the panels installed and the the LED splay lights turned on. In this first picture I have some extra LED light laying on the floor. This is because I'm not sure how I will route the light around the projector area. So until I decide I am leaving the extra lay on the ground.

I received an email today that I should have my countertop by early next week. Wit that in mind I began installing the slate material on the rear side walls. I could only install up to the countertop area before I had to stop to ensure I don't make the countertop install difficult. In this photo you can also see the only pieces of baseboard trim I will have in the room. It's maple and stained to match the cabinets.

That's all for the room updates. In other housekeeping news the wife officially told me she wants to room operational as soon as possible. With that in mind I have decided that once the room construction is complete I will buy all the equipment.

Processor: Emotiva RMC-1 if available. If unavailable I will purchase the Marantz 7704
Projector: JVC DLA-X590R. The projector will be replaced with the top JVC model (equivalent to todays DLA-X990R) during JVC's next projector release.
Subwoofer: SVS PC-4000. I'm only going to purchase one at first. Next fall/winter when the room will be at full capacity with the RMC and new JVC, I'll add more subs.
Screen: Based on my throw distance I have a max screen size of 128". It will be acoustically transparent and either be the SI Series 5 Zero Edge AT Maestro, EluneVision Nanoedge 4K Audioweave or the Seymour AV UF f2.5" fixed screen. I hope to make a decision on screen by the end of the week.

Old Woods Remodel

Last edited by deewan; 04-03-2018 at 08:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 316 Old 04-04-2018, 05:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked: 729
Covering the walls in panels must have been a monumental task.
Fantastic results!
kjlewie likes this.
post #185 of 316 Old 04-04-2018, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks @DavidK442 . I agree. During this build there have been two major milestones that really stick out in my mind. The first being when I had drywall covering all surfaces and the space was enclosed as a room. The second was when the panels were all up and the room looked like I had envisioned in my mind. That was a great feeling.

The room is far from complete, but I feel as if I am on the home stretch and all the major items are behind me. No more heavy lifting besides getting the amps into the rack.
Waterboy77, kjlewie and DougUSMC like this.

Old Woods Remodel
post #186 of 316 Old 04-05-2018, 06:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Just joined to see a fantastic build. Love the wall design.

I’m going with DMD fabric too. I did not catch it but the color looks like charcoal right? I’m going to do black and grey from DMD. Looking forward to your finished product.
post #187 of 316 Old 04-05-2018, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer101 View Post
I did not catch it but the color looks like charcoal right? I’m going to do black and grey from DMD. Looking forward to your finished product.
I think you're right, I don't believe I mentioned the fabric color. The walls are covered in the DMD charcoal color and I have black DMD fabric for the front screen wall that I hope to start on tomorrow or this weekend.

I ordered samples of all the DMD fabric and found the charcoal to be my favorite. I also found the DMD fabric much easier to work with that the GOM fabric I used in my last room. And considering the cheaper price compared to the GOM, buying the DMD was a win/win.

Old Woods Remodel
post #188 of 316 Old 04-05-2018, 09:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by deewan View Post
I think you're right, I don't believe I mentioned the fabric color. The walls are covered in the DMD charcoal color and I have black DMD fabric for the front screen wall that I hope to start on tomorrow or this weekend.

I ordered samples of all the DMD fabric and found the charcoal to be my favorite. I also found the DMD fabric much easier to work with that the GOM fabric I used in my last room. And considering the cheaper price compared to the GOM, buying the DMD was a win/win.
Thanks for the color answers. I’m going with DMD after getting samples from all vendors. The price is right and I like the look. It was also recommended in threads by Big. Did you happen to get the fire rated stuff?

Looking forward to seeing screen wall with the material too. Your room looks great with the design very unique.
post #189 of 316 Old 04-05-2018, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

@bluer101 - I did not opt for the fire rate material. I have the fabric on most surfaces in my room, I don't think the fire rates stuff is needed.

Old Woods Remodel
post #190 of 316 Old 04-06-2018, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I cannot take credit for half the work that happened in the theater today. The countertop is in! Looks great. The granite cost a lot more than the laminate I wanted build and install myself, but the wife said it had to be real stone. Happy wife = Happy life... granite it is.

I closely watched the installers work their magic on the countertop in hopes I could learn how to install rock for other projects. I just don't have the cool install toys they have. Is rock countertops will always be a professional install. No DIY for me.

With the countertops in I was able to install a bit more of the slate material. I also installed the trim around the equipment rack. The camera is playing some tricks on the eye in this photo as the trim looks strange. I assure you it's just an optic illusion.

I also built and installed two of the larger false wall panels and installed the two supports the screen will hang on. Tomorrow I hope to begin ordering the rest of my equipment while enjoying some Masters coverage. The completion of the room is near!!!!

Old Woods Remodel
post #191 of 316 Old 04-07-2018, 04:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 695 Post(s)
Liked: 583
Very nice update, thanks!

That shelving area is starting to really come together, I'm looking forward to seeing the rack populated and a shot of everything behind the seating. Very nice color/texture choices back there!
post #192 of 316 Old 04-07-2018, 06:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Amazing progress. Room is looking great.
post #193 of 316 Old 04-07-2018, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Didn't get much work done in the theater today. Only able to finish up the slate material on the side walls (picture below). Spent most of the day watching Masters coverage. However, while sitting in front of the TV watching golf I was able to do some shopping and I ordered the remaining equipment needed for a working room. Until recently I was in no hurry to get the equipment and I was content on waiting until next fall before ordering the big stuff. But my wife decided she wants to host a Cinco de Mayo party and wants the theater 'working' by then. So I have a hard deadline of May 5th!!!

I made a minor change to the temporary equipment list I posted earlier. After seeing the deals I could get on JVC projectors I decided to opt for the model higher than planned. The performance upgrade was considerable and the price difference was much smaller than I thought it would be. Here is what I ordered.

Projector: JVC DLA-X790R
Processor: Marantz AV-7704
Subwoofer: SVS PC-4000
Screen: Seymour Center Stage UF with Precision frame
Amp: Emotiva XPA Gen 3 TEN-4-3S

As I stated before, this is somewhat of a temporary lineup. Eventually I'll add at least a second SVS PC-4000 sub. The Marantz AV-7704 will be replaced by the Emotiva RMC-1 once Emotiva releases their newest processor. The JVC is still on the temporary, but I won't be in any rush to replace the DLA-X790R like I would have been with the DLA-X590R. The 790 is VERY good and looked A LOT sharper and with better colors than the Sony 285ES true 4K projector during a demo I saw last December. If JVC comes out with something amazing this fall/winter I'll sell the 790 and upgrade. If they come out with a minor improvement over their current models I'll likely keep the DLA-X790R until I see there is a noticeable improvement then I'll step up to their top model.

kjlewie and bubbrik like this.

Old Woods Remodel
post #194 of 316 Old 04-09-2018, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 100
It is looking fantastic!! Love the rope light glow in those walls it really does make it look appealing. It is a fun stage of the build as things seem to gather momentum really quickly
post #195 of 316 Old 04-09-2018, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Awesome build - I love the texture and design choices. And to pull it together in such a short time - nice job!

James

Long-time AVS reader, finally building a small dedicated room.
McTheatre II Build Thread
post #196 of 316 Old 04-10-2018, 04:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 1524 Post(s)
Liked: 1580
Really cool ideas. I might have missed it but are the panels sticking right to the Velcro strips on the wall framing or are you stapling Velcro material on the backside of the panels too?
post #197 of 316 Old 04-10-2018, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradizo View Post
Really cool ideas. I might have missed it but are the panels sticking right to the Velcro strips on the wall framing or are you stapling Velcro material on the backside of the panels too?
Great question. I don't believe I detailed my process to attach the panels. I stapled the hook side of the velcro to the wall frames and the fuzzy side of the velcro to the bask side of the fabric frame. I should also point out some of the panels are permanently attached. All the ceiling panels are permanently attached to the framing using finish nails and the wall panels with internal support for speaker mounting or an electrical outlet are also permanently attached using finish nails. All other panels are held in place with friction and velcro so the panels can be removed and I can place sound treatments behind them once I have equipment in the room and can measure everything.
corradizo and DougUSMC like this.

Old Woods Remodel
post #198 of 316 Old 04-10-2018, 08:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Great question. I don't believe I detailed my process to attach the panels. I stapled the hook side of the velcro to the wall frames and the fuzzy side of the velcro to the bask side of the fabric frame. I should also point out some of the panels are permanently attached. All the ceiling panels are permanently attached to the framing using finish nails and the wall panels with internal support for speaker mounting or an electrical outlet are also permanently attached using finish nails. All other panels are held in place with friction and velcro so the panels can be removed and I can place sound treatments behind them once I have equipment in the room and can measure everything.

Thanks for the detailed response. Last question: for the permanent panels are you shooting the finish nails through the fabric?

Thanks!

Pete
post #199 of 316 Old 04-10-2018, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

@corradizo - Yes I am shooting the finish nails through the fabric. I've found with enough air pressure to countersink the nails a bit, the fabric can be massaged/rubbed a bit and the fabric relaxes enough to cover up the nail head. If the nail isn't completely countersunk then the nail sometimes pinches the fabric between the head and the board and it's a little more difficult to hid the nails.

The DMD fabric has a loose enough weave that is seems to do a much better job at that than the GOM did in my last room.

Old Woods Remodel
post #200 of 316 Old 04-10-2018, 03:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@corradizo - Yes I am shooting the finish nails through the fabric. I've found with enough air pressure to countersink the nails a bit, the fabric can be massaged/rubbed a bit and the fabric relaxes enough to cover up the nail head. If the nail isn't completely countersunk then the nail sometimes pinches the fabric between the head and the board and it's a little more difficult to hid the nails.

The DMD fabric has a loose enough weave that is seems to do a much better job at that than the GOM did in my last room.
Excellent and smart. Thanks deewan!
post #201 of 316 Old 04-10-2018, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

A few quick updates....

I completed the back wall tonight. The two outer corners of the rear wall have 2-inch OC703 covered in black AT fabric to help with reflections (both audio and video). I'm still throwing around the idea of columns that would stand on the countertop and reach to the ceiling. Those columns would act as corner bass traps as I would design them to be open and filled with more OC703. But for now, I'm going to live with the room like this and see how it feels. The black fabric helps break up the areas of slate on the side and rear walls. Besides the white eye sore that is the mini-split, I think the the area looks really good. As you can see the slate on the ceiling cloud ties in well with the rear and side wall slate.

I also finished the screen wall panels. All black. The top panel and two side panels are attached to the splayed walls with nails. The bottom panel will be attached using 90lbs magnets. The magnets are strong enough to keep the panel in place no matter the speaker force behind the wall, but will also allow me to gain access behind the screen should I ever need to tweak something back there.

Last thing I did tonight, installed more OC703 on the front wall. Tomorrow I'll cover the OC703 on the front wall with black landscape fabric to keep all the fibers from becoming airborne. This picture was taken from the second row and gives yo a bit of an idea of screen size. Everything showing yellow plus 4" in each direction will become screen.

Old Woods Remodel
post #202 of 316 Old 04-11-2018, 07:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 672
The slate just ties it out perfectly. Every update I've uttered "wow" time and again; I think I'm most envious of the free time you have to spend on this project. The end result is going to be fantastic. Certainly this being your third time has paid dividends.
deewan likes this.
post #203 of 316 Old 04-11-2018, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 510
@deewan , you went into overdrive getting the finishing touches completed... I find myself always thinking of what I wanna do, then having to wait for parts to arrive in the mail...

Looks like you did the OC703 on the front wall and nothing on the sides until you measure.. Do I have that correct? If so, what kind of clearance behind your frames do you have for treatments. since there splayed, i figured you can get some good diffusion, with some 703 and FSK tape as well....

Looks like you have build the front screen masking frames already as well.. good job.. i didn't even start those yet, as I wanted to see how my screen was going to mount and see what kind of clearances I had right behind the frame to see what I could fit.. hopefully you got yours figured out already.

Looks good man.. congrats on getting this far.. I find I have 6 mini projects started, and nothing finished on any of them...
deewan likes this.

HT1.0 | HT2.02
JVC RS-2000 / Xbox One X / nVidia Shield / DIY treatments
Seymour AV Center Stage 130" 2.35 / Denon 7200WA / Denon 6300 / 2x miniDSP2x4HD
iNuke NU6000DSP / iNukeNU3000DSP / 2x Klipsch R-112SW / 2x UM18-22 / 12x JBL 12"
11.2(16).6 Atmos/Klipsch RF-82/RC-64II/RS-42/RS-41/BS-62/CDT3800-C-II
post #204 of 316 Old 04-11-2018, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjaymz View Post
@deewan , you went into overdrive getting the finishing touches completed... I find myself always thinking of what I wanna do, then having to wait for parts to arrive in the mail...

Looks like you did the OC703 on the front wall and nothing on the sides until you measure.. Do I have that correct? If so, what kind of clearance behind your frames do you have for treatments. since there splayed, i figured you can get some good diffusion, with some 703 and FSK tape as well....

Looks like you have build the front screen masking frames already as well.. good job.. i didn't even start those yet, as I wanted to see how my screen was going to mount and see what kind of clearances I had right behind the frame to see what I could fit.. hopefully you got yours figured out already.

Looks good man.. congrats on getting this far.. I find I have 6 mini projects started, and nothing finished on any of them...
Amazon Prime quick delivery and Lowe's being 3 miles from my house has saved me a few times when I start a project and need something fast.

So far I have only the 'must have' acoustic treatments up in the room. I have the front wall covered in OC703. I also have the first reflection points on the ceiling covered with absorption (floor is taken care of with the thick padding and carpet). Finally I have the rear wall mostly covered with 2" OC703. The room sounds pretty good when I do the clap test and walk around talking (to myself). But I am sure once I measure I'll find some trouble areas. Behind the splayed walls I have anywhere from 0" to 4" of clearance. All depends where in the splay I would need to place treatments. The first reflection point is designed to be at one of the deep splay points so I'm guessing I'll eventually put 1"-2" absorption there or more than likely a RPG Bad Panel.

My black screen panels are designed to be large enough to allow the screen to overlap a bit. The panels also attach to the splayed walls, ceiling and the two support posts I have for the screen. I'll snap some photos when I get ready to mount the screen since my plan is to build short bump out supports for each vertical support to give the screen a floating appears. I did something similar in my last room and I really liked the look. If my calculations are correct, the back side of the screen frame will "float" about 1.75 inches off the front wall. In one of my photos you can see two 1"x3"x8' poplar boards that will be used as horizontal supports for the french cleats the screen will rest on. The horizontal supports will give me a nice flat surface and plenty of mounting options for the french cleats.

If I get my room complete and the cooler than normal temps don't warm up here, I'll offer to come down to TX to help finish your room. Just know that I'll only work on the theater at night. My days will be spent on the golf course.
sirjaymz likes this.

Old Woods Remodel
post #205 of 316 Old 04-15-2018, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Well, this spring weather in Iowa SUCKS!! We had temps at 70 degrees on Thursday and I was able to get some work done but ever since we have been getting colder and colder and now we have snow again. To cold in the garage to paint. Snowing outside so I can't use the table saw. I'm going crazy not being able to do some projects. Lucky for me, I did find a few small things I could do.

One item I needed to do was install some backer supports for the electrical outlets in the fabric wall panels. No pics of the work, but here is one of a finished outlet. All the electrical work in the room is now complete.

I built and installed all the crossovers for the Volt 8 surround speakers.

With the crossovers installed I attached the front baffles.

The project I've worked not today has been something for the buttkickers installed on the second row of seating. I have 4 channels to drive 6 buttkickers. The buttkickers in the front three seats will all have their own channel. The three buttkickers in the second row will share one channel. In my previous room three buttkickers shared one amp channel and I found I never had the amp gain above 50%, so I know splitting power between the three will be fine. Instead of having a birds nest or wires to wire all three buttkickers from one channel I decided to use a ABS project box and make a 1-to-3 splitter. I'll hide it under one of the rear chairs.

That is all the updates for now. I need warmer weather before I can paint the surround cabinets or rip the boards for the front speakers. COME ON MOTHER NATURE!!! Don't let me down!!
nickbuol, kjlewie, JCJetta and 2 others like this.

Old Woods Remodel
post #206 of 316 Old 04-15-2018, 10:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
If I get my room complete and the cooler than normal temps don't warm up here, I'll offer to come down to TX to help finish your room. Just know that I'll only work on the theater at night. My days will be spent on the golf course.
Even if you aren't done with your room, we have a guest bedroom, and my B-I-L actually has a cottage on BlueJack National. There's like 30 golf course within 30 minute drive of my house. Let me know when I should expect you , and we can go and play some serious golf .. well.. i mean.. so wait.. I'm a 'bogey' golfer so..however, B-I-L is only like a 8 to 10 handicap. I like the game, cause I respect it. .Not good at it, but have fun playing it...

Good job on moving forward with the little projects while the weather isn't pleasant. That buttkicker wiring box it cool. You'll appreciate it later when it's ready to be used and it's already built and done, and ready for plug and play..

You got a 'green check' with the finishing of the electrical! Congrats! all these things add up, and sooner or later.. presto.. all done.

Shoot me a PM for info if you're serious on golf.

HT1.0 | HT2.02
JVC RS-2000 / Xbox One X / nVidia Shield / DIY treatments
Seymour AV Center Stage 130" 2.35 / Denon 7200WA / Denon 6300 / 2x miniDSP2x4HD
iNuke NU6000DSP / iNukeNU3000DSP / 2x Klipsch R-112SW / 2x UM18-22 / 12x JBL 12"
11.2(16).6 Atmos/Klipsch RF-82/RC-64II/RS-42/RS-41/BS-62/CDT3800-C-II
post #207 of 316 Old 04-15-2018, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

@sirjaymz , I'm always serious about golf!!

Side story: I get an email on the first and 15th of every month letting me know my official handicap has been updated (currently sitting at 6). Today I looked closer at that email and realized may handicap hasn't changes since I have not turned in a score since Oct 3, 2017. I've gone more than half a year without swinging a club. This very well may be the longest I've ever gone without golfing since I started playing the game. Most years I'll take a trip to Arizona or Pinehurst to golf a few rounds to get my fix. No trip this year since I wanted to focus on the theater.

The next 10 day forecast looks like crap. I better check that Houston forecast instead.

Old Woods Remodel
post #208 of 316 Old 04-16-2018, 05:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 695 Post(s)
Liked: 583
Quote:
Side story: I get an email on the first and 15th of every month letting me know my official handicap has been updated (currently sitting at 6). Today I looked closer at that email and realized may handicap hasn't changes since I have not turned in a score since Oct 3, 2017. I've gone more than half a year without swinging a club. This very well may be the longest I've ever gone without golfing since I started playing the game. Most years I'll take a trip to Arizona or Pinehurst to golf a few rounds to get my fix. No trip this year since I wanted to focus on the theater.
I know you think the above shows how dedicated you've been to the theater, and how much time you're spending on it.

I'd argue that it's ALSO explaining how you're balancing the budget while doing it!
deewan and sirjaymz like this.
post #209 of 316 Old 04-16-2018, 07:02 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Darren, your project is looking fantastic! I don't know how I missed you were building a new theater. I read through your thread last evening and early this morning. I look forward to seeing your finished product one day!

Marantz AV7702mkII | Velodyne SMS-1 |(3)Emotiva XPA-100 |(2) Emotiva XPA-5 |Emotiva UPA-7 |(3) Crown XLS1002 | (3) JTR Triple 8’s | (6) Triad InWall Silver/4’s | (4) Triad InCeiling Gold/6 Omni’s | (3) Danley DTS-10’s | JVC DLA-RS500U | Seymour F130XB140.8” 2.40 | Samsung UBD-K8500 | Oppo BDP-95 | 4K Direct TV | Dennis Erskine Design (excluding ATMOS) | High Impact AV Calibration
post #210 of 316 Old 04-16-2018, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAD S View Post
Darren, your project is looking fantastic! I don't know how I missed you were building a new theater. I read through your thread last evening and early this morning. I look forward to seeing your finished product one day!
Thanks Brad. Your room is still on my must visit list. I have a few friends up in the Mason City, Charles City and thriving metropolis of Rockwell area so perhaps one day this summer we can arrange something. Once my room is 'complete' you know you are always welcome to visit.

Old Woods Remodel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page