I've been working this week, but nothing that is really noticeable or picture friendly.
I have installed and wired buttkickers in all six seats. During wiring the buttkickers I made sure to zip tie all the speaker wires under the chairs as well as the tidy up the electrical cords under the chairs. The electrical wiring under the chairs came installed zip tied down and very tidy. What I tried to do was clean up the cords from the chairs to the electrical outlets in the riser.
I took deliver of the Seymour screen yesterday. I unpacked some of the screen to check it out, but the majority was left in the box including the screen material itself. I began building my arm extensions that will support the screen from my minimalist screen wall. I hope to have that complete by tomorrow which means the screen could be hung by tomorrow night.
Along with the screen install tomorrow, I hope to start putting some equipment in the rack. The fully completed theater will have a sound isolation closet around the equipment rack. In order to get the room running for the Cinco de Mayo party my wife is hosting, I'm going to get the equipment in the rack and next fall complete the sound isolation closet. One other thing I thought about when dealing with the rack is the shelves and face plates I need to buy. The problem is the Marantz is only temporary so I don't know how I want to mount it. I may just buy a generic rack shelf or see if any of my current rack ears will work.
The only work I completed that I do have pictures of to share are the front LCR speakers. I've built many speakers cabinets in the past, each one increasing in complexity with curves, bends and compartments. Knowing these cabinets would almost never be seen I didn't spend much time on finishing these. 3/4" mdf boxes attached to the baffles supplied with the kit. I didn't fill any nail holes and barely cleaned up where the glue squeezed out from a seam. The paint job, so little effort.
The cabinets are black and they should never be seen behind the screen. So mission accomplished. Tonight I will also be building some speaker stands so the horns are just above ear level for the first row.