Home theater build bedroom - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-18-2017, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Home theater build bedroom

Since 6 months my parents moved to another house. So of course I also moved with them and now i'm stuck to this room
Unfortunately there are TONS of windows. It's in the day always freaking hot and its kinda hard to decide to buy a tv or a beamer. (I always wanted to buy a beamer!)

I hope this community can give me some advice. I have never seen a beamer in action to be honest (except the cinema) and I dont know if it will fit in a bedroom. When the curtains are closed it's pretty dark inside so I dont think I have to worry about the darkness. Also why I kinda lean towards the beamer is because otherwise a tv will always be in front of the windows...

I have marked the 2 ceiling power sockets in purple and the windows in red. The blue crosses are the place for the beamer and screen (and a closet under the screen). If I went for a tv then of course only the closet with tv

The budget is around 2.000 dollar. (200 euro live in Europe.)

I did quite a lot of research for the beamer setup and came with this (I think everything fits but have no idea.... I also have no idea if these are the best products to choose especially not the audio) :
Optoma HD28DSE
Elite Screens Electric100XH
Sony STR-DN1070
Dali Zensor 1
Vogel's VPC545
Optoma WHD200
Sennheiser RS 175
Logitech Harmony Companion

So basically the beamer is connected to the receiver wireless and the receiver send everything where it has to be?
The wireless headset is for watching tv when everybody sleeps.

Here the layout of my room:

So as I said I hope the community can give me advice to buy a tv or projecter and some advice about the setup.

Maybe I even have to place everything somewhere else to get a better view experience? (I cant move the wardrobe)

Last edited by Golfboy96; 10-18-2017 at 07:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-20-2017, 03:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfboy96 View Post
Since 6 months my parents moved to another house. So of course I also moved with them and now i'm stuck to this room
Unfortunately there are TONS of windows. It's in the day always freaking hot and its kinda hard to decide to buy a tv or a beamer. (I always wanted to buy a beamer!)

I hope this community can give me some advice. I have never seen a beamer in action to be honest (except the cinema) and I dont know if it will fit in a bedroom. When the curtains are closed it's pretty dark inside so I dont think I have to worry about the darkness. Also why I kinda lean towards the beamer is because otherwise a tv will always be in front of the windows...

I have marked the 2 ceiling power sockets in purple and the windows in red. The blue crosses are the place for the beamer and screen (and a closet under the screen). If I went for a tv then of course only the closet with tv

The budget is around 2.000 dollar. (200 euro live in Europe.)

I did quite a lot of research for the beamer setup and came with this (I think everything fits but have no idea.... I also have no idea if these are the best products to choose especially not the audio) :
Optoma HD28DSE
Elite Screens Electric100XH
Sony STR-DN1070
Dali Zensor 1
Vogel's VPC545
Optoma WHD200
Sennheiser RS 175
Logitech Harmony Companion

So basically the beamer is connected to the receiver wireless and the receiver send everything where it has to be?
The wireless headset is for watching tv when everybody sleeps.

Here the layout of my room:

So as I said I hope the community can give me advice to buy a tv or projecter and some advice about the setup.

Maybe I even have to place everything somewhere else to get a better view experience? (I cant move the wardrobe)
somebody can give me some advice?
post #3 of 6 Old 10-20-2017, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
Liked: 539
I'll say this, with such a short throw available for the projector, you may want to confirm that the projector you're planning on buying will throw the image size you want before going that route.

That said, I'd still lean towards a larger TV for a room that has lots of windows as yours does.
Quote:
*snip*
*snip*
Not sure what you mean here. You'll need to run an HDMI cable from the receiver to the projector or buy a wireless video link (which will probably compromise video quality unless you spend a lot of money on one, and even then....).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 10-20-2017, 06:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 1983 Post(s)
Liked: 803
I actually prefer a larger hdtv in this set up.

Could you hang a sheet of plywood, via cleats, over the window, and cover the plywood in a nice dark fabric?
Attach the hdtv to the plywood, via four bolts, in the proper length.

You "lose" these windows, but you have two others.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-22-2017, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter

hmm okay, so the tv will be better in my room. I already thought that.

So, is it worth spending around 2.000 dollars on a tv or should i just go for a 750-1000 one and replace it in X years?
post #6 of 6 Old 10-22-2017, 08:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
hmm okay, so the tv will be better in my room. I already thought that.

So, is it worth spending around 2.000 dollars on a tv or should i just go for a 750-1000 one and replace it in X years?
You could get a new M65" Vizio for around $1000 on sale which has fantastic color reproduction and great blacks. Still yet, I believe you could get a 75" Vizio for under $2000 as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page