Sanus vs Middle Atlantic Rack - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-16-2017, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Sanus vs Middle Atlantic Rack

I am looking to add a rack to my home theater. I was set on buying a Sanus CFR2136 ($999) from Crutchfield until I ran across the Middle Atlantic Essex RCS-3524 ($1023 shipped) from Custom AV Rack.

Does anyone know which is better? They both seem to include shelves & blanking plates, but the Middle Atlantic also includes 2 fans. Both are overkill for my setup at the moment, but I want room to expand for the future. Any experience and/or recommendations are welcome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-16-2017, 11:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 446
I bought the larger Essex from Custom AV Rack last year, along with a load of accessories, and have been really impressed with it. It also shipped from the CA factory (made in the USA if that is important to you) to WA in in just 2 days. Very well shipped on a pallet. There is a little info in this post of my build thread.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-16-2017, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlinsley View Post
I bought the larger Essex from Custom AV Rack last year, along with a load of accessories, and have been really impressed with it. It also shipped from the CA factory (made in the USA if that is important to you) to WA in in just 2 days. Very well shipped on a pallet. There is a little info in this post of my build thread.
Thanks! Made in the USA is definately a plus for me. It is good to hear some feedback on the Essex as there are not alot of reviews on the net that I have found (far more for the Sanus). I am definately leaning toward the MA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-16-2017, 07:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkp2k View Post
I am looking to add a rack to my home theater. I was set on buying a Sanus CFR2136 ($999) from Crutchfield until I ran across the Middle Atlantic Essex RCS-3524 ($1023 shipped) from Custom AV Rack.

Does anyone know which is better? They both seem to include shelves & blanking plates, but the Middle Atlantic also includes 2 fans. Both are overkill for my setup at the moment, but I want room to expand for the future. Any experience and/or recommendations are welcome!
Honestly, I recommend trolling Craigslist and purchasing something used if at all possible...especially if you live in an area of high population. I live in the absolute sticks of Montana, and was able to find 3 Middle Atlantic Slim 5 racks (5-37) for $150 total locally...$50 each! Okay, 'locally' was 210 miles away...but that counts as local around here.

I found these after searching for another 5-43 to match the one I found a year before for $225...this one was fully kitted out with side panels, wheels, many faceplates & blanks, and a top mount fan kit.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-16-2017, 07:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Yes, excellent advice. I tried that for a couple of months with no luck. Lots of 40" deep server racks are available in the Seattle area though
post #6 of 6 Old 11-17-2017, 08:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkp2k View Post

You also may want to check out the Omnipoint versions. Very similar to what you are looking at...
Omnipoint RE27

HT1.0 | HT2.05
JVC RS-2000 / Seymour AV Center Stage 130"diag, 2.35 / nVidia Shield
11.2(22).6 Atmos / Denon 7200WA / Denon 6300 / 2x miniDSP2x4HD / DIY treatments
2x NU6000DSP / 2x NU3000DSP / 2x Klipsch R-112SW / 4x UM18-22 / 4x PA-460 / 12x JBL 12"
Klipsch RF-82/RC-64II/RS-42/RS-41/BS-62/CDT3800-C-II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page