Lakeview Cinema - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 163Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #121 of 176 Old 05-03-2020, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter
sor
Advanced Member
 
sor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UT
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Assembled the equipment racks today. It will be at least a few weeks before I need them but they’re here and ready to go.
tjambro and pkinneb like this.

Lakeview Cinema build thread
sor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 176 Old 05-03-2020, 06:21 PM
Senior Member
 
A.T.M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Colorado
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
Assembled the racks...
Great job as always!

I saw several pictures at the bottom of this post with circular 4,000-8,000 USD lighting/chandeliers !!! etc...I was thinking, did I miss the lighting post?--etc...I kept clicking on them and looking through them until I got to the last picture and it was a company's logo; and THEN I saw the small X in the upper right hand corner and realized...it was a very cleverly placed ad. Whew! that was a close one. Again great Job- and I'm glad you're not spending 4-8k on a light.

Aaron

All ya need is love, and Hi Fi sound.
Asthetix, Audreal, Arcam FMJ, Musical Fidelity, Harmonix, Marantz, Tannoy, MIT, PS3, Sony Masters, OPPO
A.T.M. is offline  
post #123 of 176 Old 05-03-2020, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter
sor
Advanced Member
 
sor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UT
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.M. View Post
Great job as always!

I saw several pictures at the bottom of this post with circular 4,000-8,000 USD lighting/chandeliers !!! etc...I was thinking, did I miss the lighting post?--etc...I kept clicking on them and looking through them until I got to the last picture and it was a company's logo; and THEN I saw the small X in the upper right hand corner and realized...it was a very cleverly placed ad. Whew! that was a close one. Again great Job- and I'm glad you're not spending 4-8k on a light.

Aaron

Ha, I’d definitely not spend that on lighting! What’s funny is that I’m sure I ran across lights like those while searching for inspiration on the modern look. Funny how the advertising algorithms found my theater.
A.T.M. likes this.

Lakeview Cinema build thread
sor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #124 of 176 Old 05-09-2020, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter
sor
Advanced Member
 
sor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UT
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Speakers are here, along with one of the amps. It will probably be a bit before I’m able to listen to these, but I couldn’t help but inspect them

Signature off-center paradigm tweeters intact, full metal faces, the LCRs are impressive. Full enclosures, came wrapped in fabric bags. Quite large and heavy for in-wall speakers.

I also got a chance to try some seating out today. The theater store was dead, only one salesman there so I spent a little time. I am leaning toward the Palliser “Flicks”. Power headrest, refined look, not too puffy or gaudy, lots of color options.






tjambro, Claybe, A.T.M. and 2 others like this.

Lakeview Cinema build thread
sor is offline  
post #125 of 176 Old 05-09-2020, 04:20 PM
Member
 
cjacobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
Speakers are here, along with one of the amps. It will probably be a bit before I’m able to listen to these, but I couldn’t help but inspect them

Signature off-center paradigm tweeters intact, full metal faces, the LCRs are impressive. Full enclosures, came wrapped in fabric bags. Quite large and heavy for in-wall speakers.

I also got a chance to try some seating out today. The theater store was dead, only one salesman there so I spent a little time. I am leaning toward the Palliser “Flicks”. Power headrest, refined look, not too puffy or gaudy, lots of color options.







I’m leaning towards the flicks as well, but I don’t know anywhere around here that sells them. They felt good to sit in? I got a bunch of the fabric samples from the online HomeTheatre seat store, and my wife and I liked the upgraded fabric ones the best. The standard fabrics seem really thin. We are staying away from leather due to personal preference.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Build - The "CRAVE" Theatre
Custom Home Automation - RaspberryPI Harmony Hacker
cjacobs is offline  
post #126 of 176 Old 05-09-2020, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter
sor
Advanced Member
 
sor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UT
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Lakeview Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacobs View Post
I’m leaning towards the flicks as well, but I don’t know anywhere around here that sells them. They felt good to sit in? I got a bunch of the fabric samples from the online HomeTheatre seat store, and my wife and I liked the upgraded fabric ones the best. The standard fabrics seem really thin. We are staying away from leather due to personal preference.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know, seating comfort is so personal that I shy away from making any recommendations. I can say that if you want something super soft to sink into, I don’t think the Flicks will do it for you, but perhaps a specific fabric may change that.

I was mostly trying to evaluate whether I could get comfortable in a recline with the motorized headrest keeping my view up, and it was good in that regard, for a variety of recline positions. I’m not really dying to find a chair that wows me with comfort, I actually just want it to not distract me or make me think about it at all. Hard to gauge in ten minutes on a sales floor but the seats didn’t do anything that bothered me in that time. I’d say average firmness. The seemed well built.
cjacobs likes this.

Lakeview Cinema build thread

Last edited by sor; 05-09-2020 at 05:19 PM.
sor is offline  
post #127 of 176 Old 05-09-2020, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter
sor
Advanced Member
 
sor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UT
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacobs View Post
I’m leaning towards the flicks as well, but I don’t know anywhere around here that sells them. They felt good to sit in? I got a bunch of the fabric samples from the online HomeTheatre seat store, and my wife and I liked the upgraded fabric ones the best. The standard fabrics seem really thin. We are staying away from leather due to personal preference.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like there may be some options in the Indianapolis area, if that’s what you need:

https://www.palliser.com/find_a_retailer

If you do find one let me know what you think.
cjacobs likes this.

Lakeview Cinema build thread
sor is offline  
post #128 of 176 Old 05-10-2020, 07:32 PM
Member
 
cjacobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
Looks like there may be some options in the Indianapolis area, if that’s what you need:

https://www.palliser.com/find_a_retailer

If you do find one let me know what you think.

Thanks, I’ll check those places out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Build - The "CRAVE" Theatre
Custom Home Automation - RaspberryPI Harmony Hacker
cjacobs is offline  
post #129 of 176 Old 05-10-2020, 07:54 PM
Member
 
cjacobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Lakeview Cinema

Moved to my own thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Build - The "CRAVE" Theatre
Custom Home Automation - RaspberryPI Harmony Hacker

Last edited by cjacobs; 05-11-2020 at 02:09 PM.
cjacobs is offline  
post #130 of 176 Old 05-11-2020, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter
sor
Advanced Member
 
sor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UT
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Lakeview Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacobs View Post
Got my drywall to a point I thought I’d show some pictures.

I did the first layer of the ceilings and my soffit in OSB. I know some people say it’s not necessary and harder to work with. To them, I say, you are probably right about the need and definitely right about the ease, but I’ll feel more comfortable putting up my soffit system knowing I have something solid to screw into everywhere I want.



My total build out will use about 68 sheets of drywall and 20 sheets of OSB.
I’ve gotten about 16 sheets of the OSB up and about 23 sheets of the drywall done at this point. I’ve been averaging about 2.5 sheets of material a day since my Lowe’s delivery. This includes carrying, cutting, mounting, caulking, and all that fun stuff.

I feel like I should start speeding up, because the first 2ish weeks, everyday I would run into something I needed to get done before I put up material. Like build a wire box, run LV wires, Finish the soffit, remove the old lights, Fix a mistake in the framing, finish insulation , etc. That is mostly behind me now, except the back left corner, so hopefully I can up my average!







I did my first green glue layer on the bottom side of the soffit and the right wall up to 8 feet. The bucket and applicator that came with it was surprisingly easy to work with.

I also built the first section of my stage out of 2x12s and converted it into a storage rack on one side of my room to hold all my tools and other stuff I’m using


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good! Ceilings are hard, it’s always good to have them solid.

Lakeview Cinema build thread
sor is offline  
post #131 of 176 Old 05-11-2020, 10:37 AM
Member
 
cjacobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Oops, meant to post this on my thread, not your, sorry


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Build - The "CRAVE" Theatre
Custom Home Automation - RaspberryPI Harmony Hacker
cjacobs is offline  
post #132 of 176 Old 05-11-2020, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter
sor
Advanced Member
 
sor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UT
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacobs View Post
Oops, meant to post this on my thread, not your, sorry


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s all good. I thought that might be the case!

Lakeview Cinema build thread
sor is offline  
post #133 of 176 Old 05-11-2020, 02:34 PM
Member
 
cjacobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
Looks like there may be some options in the Indianapolis area, if that’s what you need:

https://www.palliser.com/find_a_retailer

If you do find one let me know what you think.

Thanks for the link. I found a place only 15 minutes away that had them. Weird that googling home theater seating near me didn’t find this place. I drove over this afternoon and checked them out. After sitting in a bunch of the seats for a bit, I actually decided that I liked the soundtracks better. Main differences were that the controls were better located for my taste. I want a 4 seat config with center loveseat. On the flicks, the loveseat controls are buried under the cushion, but in the cup holders on the ends. On the soundtrack the controls are on every arm, but on the side above the vision, not the cup holder.

The soundtrack has narrower arms, and hence less storage, but for me it is fine. I don’t want to have an area where too much “junk” collects. The same config is about six inches narrower, which will suit my room better. On the bonus side, it is several hundred dollars cheaper than the flicks. Build quality seemed the same and the narrower arms made the seats feel a little wider. They have a similar clean look too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Build - The "CRAVE" Theatre
Custom Home Automation - RaspberryPI Harmony Hacker
cjacobs is offline  
post #134 of 176 Old 05-11-2020, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter
sor
Advanced Member
 
sor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UT
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacobs View Post
Thanks for the link. I found a place only 15 minutes away that had them. Weird that googling home theater seating near me didn’t find this place. I drove over this afternoon and checked them out. After sitting in a bunch of the seats for a bit, I actually decided that I liked the soundtracks better. Main differences were that the controls were better located for my taste. I want a 4 seat config with center loveseat. On the flicks, the loveseat controls are buried under the cushion, but in the cup holders on the ends. On the soundtrack the controls are on every arm, but on the side above the vision, not the cup holder.

The soundtrack has narrower arms, and hence less storage, but for me it is fine. I don’t want to have an area where too much “junk” collects. The same config is about six inches narrower, which will suit my room better. On the bonus side, it is several hundred dollars cheaper than the flicks. Build quality seemed the same and the narrower arms made the seats feel a little wider. They have a similar clean look too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great, glad you got to review them. Comfort wise were they about the same?

I’m also looking at the Audio as an alternative but I haven’t seen them yet. They are also narrower and look similar to the soundtrack in the arms and control placement.

Lakeview Cinema build thread
sor is offline  
post #135 of 176 Old 05-11-2020, 10:40 PM
Member
 
cjacobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 109
They were close. I’d say the soundtracks were a little “softer” than the flicks. But not by a lot. However, no final decision until I compare WAF. She hasn’t seen any of them


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Build - The "CRAVE" Theatre
Custom Home Automation - RaspberryPI Harmony Hacker
cjacobs is offline  
post #136 of 176 Old 05-12-2020, 03:02 PM
Member
 
WojtekO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've got a silly question about the room height.
In the first post, this picture; https://www.avsforum.com/forum/attac...p;d=1514955682 grabbed my attention with the position of the door.
Was the original height of the room to the bottom of the door, and you dug out a few feet to make it more high? Or it was purposely built like this from the beginning?

Last edited by WojtekO; 05-12-2020 at 03:09 PM.
WojtekO is offline  
post #137 of 176 Old 05-12-2020, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter
sor
Advanced Member
 
sor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UT
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekO View Post
I've got a silly question about the room height.
In the first post, this picture; https://www.avsforum.com/forum/attac...2&d=1514955682 grabbed my attention with the position of the door.
Was the original height of the room to the bottom of the door, and you dug out a few feet to make it more high? Or it was purposely built like this from the beginning?

The room was designed with a 4 foot drop from the beginning. I had actually just expected a 2 foot drop from the rest of the basement, but with it being under the garage the ceiling was a tad lower than expected, so we pushed down a bit to maintain 12 foot ceiling in this room. This makes the first riser 2 feet tall. The back riser is 16”.
tjambro likes this.

Lakeview Cinema build thread
sor is offline  
post #138 of 176 Old 05-16-2020, 07:13 AM
Member
 
DigiWega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 124
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I love the space and how it’s coming together. I remember seeing your first post a couple of years ago and just being blown away with the room and it’s dimensions. I look forward to seeing the final product.

I know you have some time to buy a processor but have you given any thought to the Monoprice HTP-1? Or even the new JBL?

No HDMI 2.1 on the HTP-1 but it has Dirac Live.
DigiWega is offline  
post #139 of 176 Old 05-16-2020, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter
sor
Advanced Member
 
sor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UT
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiWega View Post
I love the space and how it’s coming together. I remember seeing your first post a couple of years ago and just being blown away with the room and it’s dimensions. I look forward to seeing the final product.

I know you have some time to buy a processor but have you given any thought to the Monoprice HTP-1? Or even the new JBL?

No HDMI 2.1 on the HTP-1 but it has Dirac Live.

Thanks, it has certainly been a long process to get here but we are on the downhill side!

Neither of those were on my radar, thanks! I haven’t thought too much about the processor, I am thinking the theater will come together in the fall and so I have been just waiting to see what sort of projectors or processors are announced before making a final decision on whether I want to jump on an existing device or wait a bit for the latest thing. In the back of my mind I had figured the Marantz AV8805 would be a safe choice if nothing new comes out, but these others give me pause - particularly the JBL SDP-55 looks rather nice at first glance.
DigiWega and tjambro like this.

Lakeview Cinema build thread
sor is offline  
post #140 of 176 Old 05-16-2020, 08:08 AM
Senior Member
 
macming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
Thanks, it has certainly been a long process to get here but we are on the downhill side!

Neither of those were on my radar, thanks! I haven’t thought too much about the processor, I am thinking the theater will come together in the fall and so I have been just waiting to see what sort of projectors or processors are announced before making a final decision on whether I want to jump on an existing device or wait a bit for the latest thing. In the back of my mind I had figured the Marantz AV8805 would be a safe choice if nothing new comes out, but these others give me pause - particularly the JBL SDP-55 looks rather nice at first glance.
FWIW, I picked up an AVM60 for my theatre and I love it so far.
macming is offline  
post #141 of 176 Old 05-16-2020, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter
sor
Advanced Member
 
sor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UT
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by macming View Post
FWIW, I picked up an AVM60 for my theatre and I love it so far.

Yeah, I’d at least like to have the full 13 channels + LFE though. Anthem is one I’m looking at to see if they have anything new in the fall. It’s been five years.

Lakeview Cinema build thread
sor is offline  
post #142 of 176 Old 05-16-2020, 08:45 AM
Senior Member
 
macming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
Yeah, I’d at least like to have the full 13 channels + LFE though. Anthem is one I’m looking at to see if they have anything new in the fall. It’s been five years.
There might be an AVM70 coming out soon, so hopefully it comes out in time!
macming is offline  
post #143 of 176 Old 05-16-2020, 08:48 AM
Advanced Member
 
tjambro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: IN
Posts: 523
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 186
I went with the JBL due to the introductory price but I don't even have functioning speakers to check it out with. Lll

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
tjambro is offline  
post #144 of 176 Old 05-16-2020, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter
sor
Advanced Member
 
sor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UT
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by macming View Post
There might be an AVM70 coming out soon, so hopefully it comes out in time!

Do you have any specific reason to think that’s the case, or just guessing? I’m intrigued!

Lakeview Cinema build thread
sor is offline  
post #145 of 176 Old 05-16-2020, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter
sor
Advanced Member
 
sor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UT
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjambro View Post
I went with the JBL due to the introductory price but I don't even have functioning speakers to check it out with. Lll

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Well, be sure to let us know your impressions when you do. I’m totally opposite, I have speakers, amps, and no processor
tjambro likes this.

Lakeview Cinema build thread
sor is offline  
post #146 of 176 Old 05-16-2020, 08:57 AM
Senior Member
 
macming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
Do you have any specific reason to think that’s the case, or just guessing? I’m intrigued!
I saw someone mentioned it in the AVM60 thread. Plus a product refresh is overdue for Anthem.
macming is offline  
post #147 of 176 Old 05-16-2020, 09:01 AM
Senior Member
 
macming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I'm curious how the Elite CI will work for ATMOS duty. I'm looking at them for ATMOS as well. Did they come with a grill?

My primary concern is the mounting mechanism. I planned to run DIYSG Volt 10s, so I mounted a baffle behind my 3 layers of 5/8" drywall in the ceiling. It's probably too thick for the mounting clamp to grip. I can notch out some material for it to work, but that's also a lot of work.
macming is offline  
post #148 of 176 Old 05-16-2020, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter
sor
Advanced Member
 
sor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UT
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by macming View Post
I'm curious how the Elite CI will work for ATMOS duty. I'm looking at them for ATMOS as well. Did they come with a grill?

My primary concern is the mounting mechanism. I planned to run DIYSG Volt 10s, so I mounted a baffle behind my 3 layers of 5/8" drywall in the ceiling. It's probably too thick for the mounting clamp to grip. I can notch out some material for it to work, but that's also a lot of work.

Yes, comes with a white paintable grille.

The mounting clamp only supports 1.25” max.


Lakeview Cinema build thread
sor is offline  
post #149 of 176 Old 05-16-2020, 10:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
thrillcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ames, Iowa
Posts: 1,684
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 745 Post(s)
Liked: 783
Any talk of a new model is rumor and speculation only, as there has been zero info from Anthem.

The AVM60 has been on the market for a few years, so it would seem logical that there’s something in the pipeline, but the AVM60 is hardly outdated or long in the tooth, and they are still providing updates, so honestly your guess is as good as anyone’s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macming View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sor View Post
Do you have any specific reason to think that’️s the case, or just guessing? I’️m intrigued!
I saw someone mentioned it in the AVM60 thread. Plus a product refresh is overdue for Anthem.

I love my iPhone, but it will never replace my turntable. I've never seen Titanic OR XXXXXXXXX.

The Cinema 1858 Remodel Thread
thrillcat is offline  
post #150 of 176 Old 05-16-2020, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter
sor
Advanced Member
 
sor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UT
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacobs View Post
They were close. I’d say the soundtracks were a little “softer” than the flicks. But not by a lot. However, no final decision until I compare WAF. She hasn’t seen any of them


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My local dealer just told me that Palliser is coming out with an app, and they have a Bluetooth module add on for their seats to allow app level control and integration with automation. On the one hand it sounds silly when the controls are right at the armrest, but then again I can see it handy to sync the lights on all of the chairs or fold them all up after a movie, rather than going around to each chair.
cjacobs likes this.

Lakeview Cinema build thread
sor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off