Home Theater of the Month: Pond Creek Cinema - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 29Likes

post #31 of 56 Old 04-03-2018, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dhereicome View Post
Understandable from that aspect. But that’s Monopoly money to me...I’m by no means poor but this would be a 15 months worth of paychecks for me lol. This is a world I’ll never know
Same here! I once bought an used amplifier from a retired gentleman in a very wealthy area in Washington DC. He showed me his 2 channels music room, which has speakers, amplifiers and sub-woofers that are costing many more times than my house! So yeah, there is world that me and you would never know!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 56 Old 04-03-2018, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 217
I drive an 07 Chevrolet Avalanche with 165k miles. Wouldn’t mind something a little newer but can’t seem to find my monopoly board.
brazensol and Ladeback like this.
post #33 of 56 Old 04-03-2018, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 706 Post(s)
Liked: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4vu View Post
I drive an 07 Chevrolet Avalanche with 165k miles. Wouldn’t mind something a little newer but can’t seem to find my monopoly board.
I got a 2010 Silverado WT (work truck edition = little to no creature comforts!) but it's paid for and it sure is nice not having a big car payment with big insurance premiums. And it gets me from point A to point B just as reliably as a Veyron! Although admittedly not in as much style

Congrats on your theater. Very, very nice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 56 Old 04-03-2018, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazensol View Post
I got a 2010 Silverado WT (work truck edition = little to no creature comforts!) but it's paid for and it sure is nice not having a big car payment with big insurance premiums. And it gets me from point A to point B just as reliably as a Veyron! Although admittedly not in as much style

Congrats on your theater. Very, very nice!
A Veyron is very cool indeed, but I doubt it can match the experience this theater can give!
brazensol likes this.
post #35 of 56 Old 04-03-2018, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 1328 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
This. Is. Beautiful!!! Everything from room design to equipment choices scream "QUALITY!" The continuity between the cinema and the lobby is also quite impressive! A job very well done!
Hay Matt, your theater is basically done, have you put in to be Home Theater of the Month?

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
post #36 of 56 Old 04-03-2018, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Very nice theater Jason. Well done!

Regards, John
Video: Digital Projection 330 HighLite HC, Stewart 1.3, Radiance Pro, Anamorphic Lens
Audio: Trinnov Altitude16, QSC iCore250, QSC DCA 1622 Amps
Speakers: Procella P8's, P6V's, P18's, Triad Silvers 11.3.4
post #37 of 56 Old 04-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post
Also, audio-wise little surprised the Marantz 7702 mk2 was held on to for doing the processing honors, although I'm sure the QSC EQ is doing an excellent job for room the custom Room EQ portion, don't know if this means Audyssey Room Correction is still playing a role there. The 8802 I had is now a distant memory in my system and I'm glad to have put a period of years with Audyssey RC behind me. I'm not suggesting something as far as I went to processing would be needed or wanted (MX160), but even something like the Anthem AVM60 would be worth considering as a pretty low cost update.
We are not using audyssey. We are relying on the 2 qsc units with professional room design and calibration. It really does sound incredible!
OzHDHT and BrolicBeast like this.
post #38 of 56 Old 04-03-2018, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimo View Post
Super Cool!!

Question on the subs. How do the triads hold up with the Seatons? I would think the seatons would destroy the triads and after calibration, bring the seatons down to the triad level, sort of missing out on what those seatons can really do?

I'm probably off base.
The triads are used as “ balancing subs”. The Seaton’s are not eq’d down to their level. Maybe Shawn can explain this better, but my understanding is the balancing subs smooth out the frequency response in the room so there isn’t much variance from seat to seat.
post #39 of 56 Old 04-03-2018, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Triad subs are meant to give a smooth response and better seat to seat consistency. They primarily work in the areas of modal problems and not in the ULF range where the Seaton take over. Also, there is no Audyssey correction. All correction is being handled by the qsc DSP 322’s. Only thing the Marantz is doing is processing the codecs and video pass through.

Shawn Byrne
CEDIA Certified Professional EST II - HAA, THX.
Theater Design Information and Examples

[email protected]
[email protected]
post #40 of 56 Old 04-03-2018, 06:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Quote:
We are not using audyssey. We are relying on the 2 qsc units with professional room design and calibration. It really does sound incredible!
Ok, that's good to hear Jason regarding the QSC handling the REQ nicely for you. But is there any digital time alignment happening in the this setup (noting of course that's not quite as simple with a two row theater)? - @RapalloAV -reminds me a bit of your setup Murray and you've got 3 rows. I don't want throw out temptations in equipment, but your room totally justifies it, much as per Murray's. I'd love to see you demo a processor with Room Perfect or even Dirac in there. BTW, you didn't have any feedback on my projector comments about brightness on the 1.0 gain 160" screen, again something you and Murray could compare notes on perhaps (except he's kept it manageable to 145" for his RS65)? Cheers

Last edited by OzHDHT; 04-03-2018 at 06:45 PM.
post #41 of 56 Old 04-03-2018, 09:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post
BTW, you didn't have any feedback on my projector comments about brightness on the 1.0 gain 160" screen, again something you and Murray could compare notes on perhaps (except he's kept it manageable to 145" for his RS65)? Cheers
I’m happy with the image but I’m sure I could use more lumens. Right now I’m running in high lamp. Hopefully there will be some projectors in the near future that will offer good contrast, greater brightness, and cost of under 10k.
post #42 of 56 Old 04-03-2018, 11:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Quote:
I’m happy with the image but I’m sure I could use more lumens. Right now I’m running in high lamp. Hopefully there will be some projectors in the near future that will offer good contrast, greater brightness, and cost of under 10k.
Next gen will offer laser and lumens but won't be under $10k, but not that far off. Not sure why you're striving for such budgetary levels with a deserved cinema my man.
post #43 of 56 Old 04-04-2018, 06:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Only so much money to go around... and out of all technologies, the price you pay for video performance drops the fastest...but his image looks awesome... but as we all know, it could always be better!
post #44 of 56 Old 04-04-2018, 10:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by megametaman View Post
$90,000 seems like a ton, but I have spent like $25,000 in electronics and furniture for my media room and emerging basement media room. Right now my LCR speakers are (hopefully temporarily) shoved through holes I put in my dry wall behind my screen.
The stuff I spent money on won’t improve value of my house, I would take my stuff with me. But anyone looking for a house with a home theater will probably spend a ton to get a house like this.
I’m not saying I’m going to spend the next $60,000 making a room like this, but it makes me wonder what I could do if I just stop buying electronics for a while and invest in the infrastructure of my rooms.
I thought wiring 5.2.4 through attic into a media closet in the back of the room was a big deal. I wonder what I could do if I spent on the room instead.

Thanks so much for sharing this build. It’s beautiful and one to aspire to.
The money you spend on your infrastructure and the room itself will make a bigger difference in your sound and picture quality than 80% of equipment upgrades, so it would be a smart investment in your overall enjoyment.
youhavequestions likes this.

I love my iPhone, but it will never replace my turntable. I've never seen Titanic OR XXXXXXXXX. Alexa is a stripper name.

The Cinema 1858 Remodel Thread
post #45 of 56 Old 04-08-2018, 07:06 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Jason the theater looks awesome, love the nice clean look to it all. The lobby is not to hard on the eyes either
post #46 of 56 Old 04-08-2018, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 516
Great home theater! And welcome to the HTotM club
post #47 of 56 Old 04-08-2018, 08:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Changer View Post
Jason the theater looks awesome, love the nice clean look to it all. The lobby is not to hard on the eyes either
Thanks! We really do enjoy the lobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi1982 View Post
Great home theater! And welcome to the HTotM club
Thanks and congrats! Your theater turned out awesome.
post #48 of 56 Old 04-16-2018, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 1483
Top tier HT; huge spacious room @ 5,200 cubic feet (26x20x10), 160" wide scope screen, designed by Shawn, your sweat equity.
I'm just curious, what's the noise floor db wise? 24db?

People who have not experienced a quiet HT and how that enables dynamic range to be appreciated need to visit your HT!

Kudos on HToM, enjoy the HT and the memories it enables.
post #49 of 56 Old 04-22-2018, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex View Post
Top tier HT; huge spacious room @ 5,200 cubic feet (26x20x10), 160" wide scope screen, designed by Shawn, your sweat equity.
I'm just curious, what's the noise floor db wise? 24db?

People who have not experienced a quiet HT and how that enables dynamic range to be appreciated need to visit your HT!

Kudos on HToM, enjoy the HT and the memories it enables.
Thanks! Not sure what the measured noise floor is but it is very quiet. Can’t hear the air when it comes on even when there is no movie playing. I remember in our old home how annoying it would be when it rained or stormed.
post #50 of 56 Old 11-19-2018, 03:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4476 Post(s)
Liked: 2531
Awesome, stylish theater there, Jason! I don't have enough words in my vocabulary to describe my deep jealousy.

I just ordered three Triad Gold LCR's for fronts and was wondering how you feel the Silver LCR's are doing timbre-wise when playing a Dolby Atmos track? Are you noticing much in terms of voicing differences as sounds and whatnot pan around the room?

Trying to figure out if the Gold Omni SE's, though voice matched with the Gold LCR's using the same tweeter and midrange, have enough dynamic OOMPH to keep up or if the Silvers would be better as surrounds. I'd love to snag more Gold LCR's, but it may not be in the cards financially.

Thanks and enjoy!!

Listen up, studios! Dolby Atmos Lite™ print-outs must stop!!
post #51 of 56 Old 04-11-2019, 08:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
Awesome, stylish theater there, Jason! I don't have enough words in my vocabulary to describe my deep jealousy.

I just ordered three Triad Gold LCR's for fronts and was wondering how you feel the Silver LCR's are doing timbre-wise when playing a Dolby Atmos track? Are you noticing much in terms of voicing differences as sounds and whatnot pan around the room?

Trying to figure out if the Gold Omni SE's, though voice matched with the Gold LCR's using the same tweeter and midrange, have enough dynamic OOMPH to keep up or if the Silvers would be better as surrounds. I'd love to snag more Gold LCR's, but it may not be in the cards financially.

Thanks and enjoy!!
Sorry, just seeing this.... No, everything is matched well and sounds incredible. What did you end of doing in regards to your setup?
Dan Hitchman likes this.
post #52 of 56 Old 04-11-2019, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member

Changed out the rs500 for the JVC NX9 and added the panamorph paladin DCR lens. Really a nice step up in brightness and image sharpness.
post #53 of 56 Old 04-11-2019, 09:29 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 4476 Post(s)
Liked: 2531
Quote:
Sorry, just seeing this.... No, everything is matched well and sounds incredible. What did you end up doing in regards to your setup?

That was the kind of confirmation I was looking for, thanks! I haven't added anything yet. I'm still using some previous Paradigm Studio 20's in lieu of Triads for the surrounds right now. I'm slowly working my way back to getting Triad replacements to go with the Gold LCR's and will probably end up with the Silver LCR's as you and others don't seem to be experiencing a noticeable timbre imbalance. I did purchase a Monolith THX 15 as a sub upgrade and it definitely hits with tight extra low frequency bass compared to my older HSU.

Listen up, studios! Dolby Atmos Lite™ print-outs must stop!!

Last edited by Dan Hitchman; 04-11-2019 at 09:34 PM.
post #54 of 56 Old 04-12-2019, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Changed out the rs500 for the JVC NX9 and added the panamorph paladin DCR lens. Really a nice step up in brightness and image sharpness.
That is about the nicest Home Theater of the Month I've seen. Now you'll be ready for 8K,and what's another $18,000 plus $8995 for the Paladin DCR lens? Peanuts. http://www.us.jvc.com/projectors/procision/dla_nx9/
https://www.avsforum.com/panamorph-a...amorphic-lens/
What lottery did you win? Seriously,congratulations and thank you for sharing with us peons. (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/peon)
post #55 of 56 Old 04-12-2019, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youhavequestions View Post
That is about the nicest Home Theater of the Month I've seen. Now you'll be ready for 8K,and what's another $18,000 plus $8995 for the Paladin DCR lens? Peanuts. http://www.us.jvc.com/projectors/procision/dla_nx9/
https://www.avsforum.com/panamorph-a...amorphic-lens/
What lottery did you win? Seriously,congratulations and thank you for sharing with us peons. (https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/peon)

Thank you! Btw... the projector and lens can be had at pretty steep discounts
youhavequestions likes this.
post #56 of 56 Old 04-12-2019, 11:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 168
NICE! Beautiful work. Congratulations.

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends

Need motivation? Get LOGANED