4/6/18 more lighting!
Today started off with me securing the ceiling LED lights around the soffit to the strip of wood I set in so that the light had a uniform pattern all around. You can tell in the pictures how squirrelly the lighting is when it’s not secured vs when it is.
Next I got to work on the floor LED strips. Floor lighting consists of 3 transformers - one for the front steps, one for the entrance step, and one for the island. I have a YouTube video I posted some time ago that explains how I planned it all out.
To secure the strips to the underside of the steps, I used 14mm clear rubber lighting brackets. These things worked perfect! I used a right angle attachment with my drill which was a life saver. Another useful tool was a new oscillating cutter that I used to cut little holes to pull lighting through from the column locations.
A word of advice for those who are planning to use Phillips hue strip lights - make sure to get little connector adapters where you can join two segments at the scissor cut line locations. This was very helpful for me as I stepped on one section and ended up breaking it. Instead of wasting the whole extension, I just cut it out and joined it to the next extension.
I started with the front steps, then moved to the entrance, and then almost got finished with the middle island section, but fell short by a few extension lengths. I will make a quick run to Best Buy tomorrow and pick up several more which should the trick.
The floor LED really adds a nice flare to the room, and most importantly, adds a safety element for when it is dark. It makes it much easier to navigate the steps.
Tomorrow I am going to finish out the island LEDs, then hopefully assemble the screen so that I can know precise measurements for the minimalist screen wall approach I hope to take.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk