Ashton Cove Theater Build - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1055Likes

post #181 of 746 Old 12-14-2018, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgkula View Post
This is a seriously amazing build. The level of finish looks absolutely top notch! Outstanding work - I'm sure that you and your family will enjoy this theater for years to come!

Thank you for the kind words! It’s been quite an adventure, lots of work, lots of confusion & frustration, but in the end, I know that it all be worth it.

Aaron H.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron H.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 746 Old 12-20-2018, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

12/20/18 “Let there be... almost light!” Update.

- can lights
- surface mount outlets
- projector box work
- paint

Today was eventful and productive for the Ashton Cove Theater. The electrician & I knocked out all of the can light housing installs; the electrician had never used this particular model before, and stated that he would be adding this to “go-to” list for indoor swivel can lights.

I picked up matte black paint from Lowe’s and applied 3 even layers to the face of the cans for a nice smooth finish. I am really happy with how they turned out.

Inside of each column, the electrician installed two surface mount outlets - one for the sconces and one at the bottom for “as-needed” and LED floor lighting for a few of them.

I installed the power inlet in the AV closet which will feed juice to the PJ, and cut out the outlet hole in the side of the PJ box. My electrician laughs at me and calls that power inlet a fancy extension cord, which I guess it is ...

I cut an access hole in the side of the PJ box which will be my “service hole” where I can access the cavity of the soffit. Inside of the soffit, I’ve got two Romex runs that I will tie into surface mount outlets with - one for a Phillips hue bridge and one for the Phillips hue strip light transformers for the crown molding. The access hole will simply be covered with some acoustic foam of some sort where it’s not visible to the eye.

Before tomorrow afternoon, I’m supposed to build a prototype panel for the columns so that the electrician can take a practice swing at hanging the sconces. I will make sure to share the results of that effort.

Also tomorrow, if I have time, I am going to pick up 5/4” poplar to begin constructing acoustic panels. I bought a Bosch router table with some nice bits today, so I should be prepared for an extensive amount of round over cutting.

I also might paint the A/C vents tomorrow if I have the time; however, I am unsure if I can use the same spray paint I have, or if I need to use paint that can handle a higher heat level...

Oh oh, and my HVAC guy has a 100’ x 4’ roll of HVAC duct insulation that he’s going to give to me at cost - score.

I probably need to begin designing the screen wall so I can have a cookie cutter approach to implementing.

Aaron H.

impreza276 and luisev like this.

Aaron H.
post #183 of 746 Old 12-21-2018, 01:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Awesome build! And thank you for you input on my build the other day.

I am shocked that your builder lets you "do your own thing" while they are still working on the rest of the house. Our builder wouldn't even let us suggest our own subcontractor to do low voltage, etc, let alone let me come in to do anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 746 Old 12-21-2018, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by isellcisco View Post
Awesome build! And thank you for you input on my build the other day.

I am shocked that your builder lets you "do your own thing" while they are still working on the rest of the house. Our builder wouldn't even let us suggest our own subcontractor to do low voltage, etc, let alone let me come in to do anything.
Thank you! I need to stop by your thread again to catch myself up. I will see threads on the top of the forum list and respond when I can.

That's really interesting that your builder will not allow you to do anything with YOUR house; in fact, I think it's shocking ... But seriously, it's your house. I told my builder in the beginning that I would be very hands-on with our house, and that I would be the "GC" so-to-speak for the theater room, and that all work and changes would be vetted through me prior to work being performed. I ran 3500 ft. of CAT6A throughout my house; I didn't even bother asking what their "A/V" guy would have charged, because I knew it would astronomical.
Ladeback likes this.

Aaron H.
post #185 of 746 Old 12-21-2018, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

12/21/18 Update.

Fabric has officially been ordered. I ordered 30 yards of the darker slate fabric, which will sit on the walls, and 10 yards of the light gray stillness fabric, which will cover the columns. Here are some pictures again of the colors:

Picked up the wood for the acoustic panels. Found an awesome shop in OKC that has all kinds of lumbar in unique sizes in dimensions. I purchased 80’ of 6/4” poplar, that they planed down to 5/4” for me. The width of the wood is roughly 11”, which will give me at least 4 panel pieces per cut of wood. I had to cut the pieces down to 8’ lengths so that I could fit them into my vehicle.

The electrician forgot to install the putty pads has he cut in the outlets, so I started the outlets and still have a few left to do.

Got the surface-mounted outlets installed up in the soffit. Picture is taken through the access hole I cut in the Side of PJ box.

Above the bar, when we roughed in the Romex for power outlets, we forgot to account for the backsplash, so when the granite guys did their thing, they cut a line up the drywall to move the Romex. I stuffed those holes tight with putty pads.

Tomorrow I’m going to go to big box to pick up low voltage retrofit outlets for the PJ box and front of stage riser. I am also going to set up the Bosch router table I picked up, and see if I can get started on building out the panels. Sunday or Monday the painter will be back out (should have been tomorrow but he’s not feeling well) to paint steps, air exhaust and returns, and maybe can light faces.

Aaron H.

impreza276 likes this.

Aaron H.
post #186 of 746 Old 12-22-2018, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 1298 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahomie View Post
Thank you! I need to stop by your thread again to catch myself up. I will see threads on the top of the forum list and respond when I can.

That's really interesting that your builder will not allow you to do anything with YOUR house; in fact, I think it's shocking ... But seriously, it's your house. I told my builder in the beginning that I would be very hands-on with our house, and that I would be the "GC" so-to-speak for the theater room, and that all work and changes would be vetted through me prior to work being performed. I ran 3500 ft. of CAT6A throughout my house; I didn't even bother asking what their "A/V" guy would have charged, because I knew it would astronomical.
The thing I read here is your are the GC, so that may be the difference. When we found our house it was a spec home already being built so we couldn't change much without a change order, but had some say in some things. I did get some say in what I wanted at the time with the builder's AV guy. I had him wire our living room for 5.1 and for outside speakers. Wife wouldn't let me do much else.
Oklahomie likes this.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
post #187 of 746 Old 12-22-2018, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Ashton Cove Theater Build

12/22/18 - Tools Adventure

Today, my dad & I had a father/son project day. A couple of weeks ago, I purchased a beat up Ryobi BT3000 table saw off Craig’s List for $40. I bought a new belt pair, new measuring tape, and a new blade, and we brought this thing back to life! The guy who sold it to me said it was on its last leg, but upon investigating, he just didn’t have the belt properly installed, and it shredded - hence him saying it was on its last leg.

So, I have a working table saw. With that, I also purchased a Bosch router table, and used an old router that my great grandfather passed down the line, and it kicks ass. It’s a cool feeling to know that you are using tools 60-70 years old that are still just as reliable as the day they started.

To test the tools, I cut a 2” strip to test different router angles for the acoustic panels. So far, I think I’m liking the aesthetic of the chamfer cut, but I’ll do some more tinkering and fully test both options out. I didn’t get the round over as large as I could have (still learning the router mechanics)

Tomorrow I am going to build a feed and outfeed table for both my table saw & router.

Aaron H.

James92TSi, Pradeep2 and pkinneb like this.

Aaron H.

Last edited by Oklahomie; 12-22-2018 at 05:07 PM.
post #188 of 746 Old 12-23-2018, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Love the thread, also love the reps for Jesus shirt. I'll be doing a similar build next year, thanks for posting your adventure as it helps me immensely.

Looking forward to the finished product!
Oklahomie likes this.

--- Mike ---
post #189 of 746 Old 12-23-2018, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Looks like we picked the same type of granite for our bar tops! You are making great progress!

Denali Cinema
JVC-RS540, 124" Wide 2.40:1 DIY Screen, Denon 8500H, Denon 6200W, Panasonic UB820 UHD Player, (3) iNuke 6000DSP's; (3) HTM-12's; (14) RSL C34e surrounds; (2) 18" Dayton Audio RSS460HO-4 Subwoofers; (1) Dayton Audio UM18-22 18" Ultimax Subwoofer; (4) Dayton Audio RSS390HO-4 15" Reference HO Subwoofers
post #190 of 746 Old 12-24-2018, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Congrats on the new saw and router table Gotta love the power tool diversions. Just posted a monster one in my build thread if you're curious. In fact I am ducking out from the wife's Christmas movie marathon to continue working on attaching the new fence....

Told her to let me know when/if Die Hard is queued up, otherwise not interested!

James

Long-time AVS reader, finally building a small dedicated room.
McTheatre II Build Thread
post #191 of 746 Old 12-25-2018, 05:27 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazensol View Post
Looks like we picked the same type of granite for our bar tops! You are making great progress!

That granite is awesome. The sparkle on it is really pretty. Thank you!

Aaron H.

brazensol likes this.

Aaron H.
post #192 of 746 Old 12-25-2018, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James92TSi View Post
Congrats on the new saw and router table Gotta love the power tool diversions. Just posted a monster one in my build thread if you're curious. In fact I am ducking out from the wife's Christmas movie marathon to continue working on attaching the new fence....

Told her to let me know when/if Die Hard is queued up, otherwise not interested!

I took a peak at it, and man that is a nice setup you are going to have! I will eventually upgrade from this table saw. I can already tell that I’m going to need a beefier motor. It struggles a hair on the 5/4 poplar cuts.

Aaron H.

Aaron H.
post #193 of 746 Old 12-25-2018, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furchtlos View Post
Love the thread, also love the reps for Jesus shirt. I'll be doing a similar build next year, thanks for posting your adventure as it helps me immensely.

Looking forward to the finished product!

If you have questions about anything feel free to ask. It’s all a learning experience.

Aaron H.

Aaron H.
post #194 of 746 Old 12-26-2018, 05:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 692 Post(s)
Liked: 570
This thread is great! I don't know why, but I always dig finding a thread that I missed, and having something to read through while drinking my morning coffee!

Good luck coming 'round the home stretch!
Oklahomie likes this.
post #195 of 746 Old 12-26-2018, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougUSMC View Post
This thread is great! I don't know why, but I always dig finding a thread that I missed, and having something to read through while drinking my morning coffee!

Good luck coming 'round the home stretch!

Thanks, Doug! Yes, I am almost to the home stretch. Any pointers for me with where I am at in the process?

Aaron H.

Aaron H.
post #196 of 746 Old 12-26-2018, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

12/26/18 - More Tools & Paint

Well, it was another thrifty & exciting day for my slowly-growing tool collection. I found a gentleman who was selling a gently used radial arm saw. I knew from the moment I saw the add that I had to go look at it. Turns out he was only the second owner, and practically the first owner, as the original owner sold it shortly after purchase. I knew this was quality as soon as I saw it. The owner even let me spin it up and test it out, which to no surprise was a good clean cut on some hardwood samples. The saw still has all of the original maintenance tools & the original Craftsman stand.

The owner said it is an early 70’s model, which I’ve yet to confirm in the manual. I’m so excited to have another older tool that I can continue to use and cherish. I will end up building a new table stand for it on caster wheels that I can move around the shop easily.

On top of the radial arm saw win, he had an even older 3”x24” belt sander that he let go for $10. This thing is heavy, and it operates like a boss. It has a cool little wooden handle that he modded; I think it adds character. New belt sanders of that caliber easily run $180+.

OK on to the boring theater (jk). First coat of Tricorn black on the steps. Door is taped for its dark gray coat which will come tomorrow.

James92TSi likes this.

Aaron H.
post #197 of 746 Old 12-26-2018, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Nice pickup! Seeing a radial arm saw like that brings back memories. I had one like it in my old shop, likely within a few years of yours. It's at my dad's house now - he wanted to keep one big saw, but really he hasn't used it in years.. Same controls as yours from what I can see. (Not that I adjusted it much - 99.999% of the time it was set for full depth square cross-cuts. And it did them well.)

These days I do all my cross-cuts on a sliding compound miter saw. Really the only thing I used to do with the RAS that the miter saw won't, is run a dado stack - which is great for repetitive slotting like building shelving units, book cases, etc. So hey, if you've got shelving to build, get a dado stack and go nuts!

Goes without saying to be careful with a saw and keep anything you care about away from the blade's path - but the RAS is the one arrangement I've used that tries to pull itself through the workpiece. So that's the one gotcha... it wants to climb toward you.
Oklahomie likes this.

James

Long-time AVS reader, finally building a small dedicated room.
McTheatre II Build Thread
post #198 of 746 Old 12-27-2018, 05:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 692 Post(s)
Liked: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahomie View Post
Thanks, Doug! Yes, I am almost to the home stretch. Any pointers for me with where I am at in the process?
I don't know that I'm the expert, and you already seem like you're doing a really solid job from what I can see. I'd say that top things that I saw during my build, and the main things I see others regretting are:
1) Never underestimate the value of a dedicated HVAC system.
2) However much rack space you think you need - DOUBLE it
3) Don't race through the build, enjoy it! Too many of us sprint to the end, only to realize that the build can really be the best part!
Oklahomie likes this.
post #199 of 746 Old 12-27-2018, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James92TSi View Post
Nice pickup! Seeing a radial arm saw like that brings back memories. I had one like it in my old shop, likely within a few years of yours. It's at my dad's house now - he wanted to keep one big saw, but really he hasn't used it in years.. Same controls as yours from what I can see. (Not that I adjusted it much - 99.999% of the time it was set for full depth square cross-cuts. And it did them well.)

These days I do all my cross-cuts on a sliding compound miter saw. Really the only thing I used to do with the RAS that the miter saw won't, is run a dado stack - which is great for repetitive slotting like building shelving units, book cases, etc. So hey, if you've got shelving to build, get a dado stack and go nuts!

Goes without saying to be careful with a saw and keep anything you care about away from the blade's path - but the RAS is the one arrangement I've used that tries to pull itself through the workpiece. So that's the one gotcha... it wants to climb toward you.

Yes, the first time I used a RAS, I learned it’s behavior and how it tries to climb towards you. I’ll share updates on this whenever I have time to build a nice, proper cabinet for it to operate on.

Aaron H.

James92TSi likes this.

Aaron H.
post #200 of 746 Old 12-27-2018, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

12/27/18 Paint
@DougUSMC - those are good tips. Luckily I do have a dedicated HVAC with fresh air capabilities. The rack I need to think about, and when the time comes I will evaluate for more than I believe I will need.

So, with the steps painted Tricorn Black, it’s time for a protective coat to be applied. I chose Polycrylic in a clear satin finish. This is the first time I’ve done this, and the pictures here are coat 1. There are some areas that look milky, but I’m hoping that’s because I caked it on too thick, and they are taking longer to dry...

I’m going to take a 220 grit sander and lightly sand this out per the instructions, clean up dust and debris, then apply coat #2 .

Does anyone have tips or r advice for me as I prepare to sand this first coat?

Aaron H.

DougUSMC likes this.

Aaron H.
post #201 of 746 Old 12-27-2018, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Man, I really wish I would have done a border like that on my riser. The way the carpet looks on an edge without an overhang is not the best. Your border will look great.
post #202 of 746 Old 12-27-2018, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Nice score on the RAS but do be careful - they must be treated with the utmost respect. Especially if you plan to use it to cut molding.
James92TSi and Oklahomie like this.

Denali Cinema
JVC-RS540, 124" Wide 2.40:1 DIY Screen, Denon 8500H, Denon 6200W, Panasonic UB820 UHD Player, (3) iNuke 6000DSP's; (3) HTM-12's; (14) RSL C34e surrounds; (2) 18" Dayton Audio RSS460HO-4 Subwoofers; (1) Dayton Audio UM18-22 18" Ultimax Subwoofer; (4) Dayton Audio RSS390HO-4 15" Reference HO Subwoofers
post #203 of 746 Old 12-27-2018, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassuki View Post
Man, I really wish I would have done a border like that on my riser. The way the carpet looks on an edge without an overhang is not the best. Your border will look great.

The carpet in your space looks great form what I’ve seen. I think everyone is naturally more critical of their own space & work. I think we are about a week out from carpet, so we will see how it shapes up.

Aaron H.

Aaron H.
post #204 of 746 Old 12-28-2018, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

12/28/18 - More Paint

Last night I finished the 2nd coat of Polycrylic, and it was looking real nice. This morning I arrived on-site to start on the 3rd coat, and my painter arrived. Apparently he only applied one coat of paint and was coming back for a 2nd layer. I had a brief moment of panic, but he said the Polycrylic was no problem. We sanded it out and he applied the second layer of paint. Im going to give it 5-6 hours and I’ll apply the “second round” first coat of Polycrylic....

Last night:

This morning:

Aaron H.
post #205 of 746 Old 12-28-2018, 07:12 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
I took a peak at it, and man that is a nice setup you are going to have! I will eventually upgrade from this table saw. I can already tell that I’m going to need a beefier motor. It struggles a hair on the 5/4 poplar cuts.
Those old Hitachi's are pretty decent saws for a portable and you got a fine deal on it. Yes eventually you'll want a heavier saw if you continue down the woodworking path - and I would suggest continuing your bargain hunting on Craigslist - used cabinet saws such as Delta Unisaws and Powermatic 66's can be had for very reasonable prices if you're patient and wait for the right one.

Quote:
The owner said it is an early 70’s model, which I’ve yet to confirm in the manual. I’m so excited to have another older tool that I can continue to use and cherish. I will end up building a new table stand for it on caster wheels that I can move around the shop easily.
HA!! I have that EXACT same Craftsman model radial arm. It was my dad's and he bought it new in 1971 - it runs like new still. Back then Craftsman made very high quality machines. Before I talked him out of that saw I had bought one of the newer Craftsman radial arms with the LaserTrac - it was a piece of garbage. Bogged down on anything you tried to cut. That saw will just pass through the wood like it isn't there. Build you a nice table (I've got it built into a workbench against the wall) and it will be a fine tool for years...

Quote:
Nice score on the RAS but do be careful - they must be treated with the utmost respect. Especially if you plan to use it to cut molding.
THIS. Always always always know where your hands are when using the saw. Make sure to let it come to full speed before beginning the cut. And take it slow maintaining control over it - they tend to leap at you sometimes. And whatever you do don't use it to do rip cuts - I'm sure someone will say they do it and it's fine. Just don't - they excel at throwing 2x4s across the room like missiles. Besides, you've got a table saw for that.

Quote:
Last night I finished the 2nd coat of Polycrylic, and it was looking real nice. This morning I arrived on-site to start on the 3rd coat, and my painter arrived. Apparently he only applied one coat of paint and was coming back for a 2nd layer. I had a brief moment of panic, but he said the Polycrylic was no problem. We sanded it out and he applied the second layer of paint. Im going to give it 5-6 hours and I’ll apply the “second round” first coat of Polycrylic....
This could end up being a very happy mistake. Because the Polycrylic is water based it shouldn't cause any adhesion problems with another couple coats of paint - and used like you did it should tend to flatten out the surface even more after it was sanded back bc it fills and flattens better than paint alone. So I'm thinking that your final finish will be even smoother than it already was turning out to be because of that.

Really enjoying the thread you're doing awesome work.

Roll Tide.
post #206 of 746 Old 12-28-2018, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3bham View Post
Those old Hitachi's are pretty decent saws for a portable and you got a fine deal on it. Yes eventually you'll want a heavier saw if you continue down the woodworking path - and I would suggest continuing your bargain hunting on Craigslist - used cabinet saws such as Delta Unisaws and Powermatic 66's can be had for very reasonable prices if you're patient and wait for the right one.

HA!! I have that EXACT same Craftsman model radial arm. It was my dad's and he bought it new in 1971 - it runs like new still. Back then Craftsman made very high quality machines. Before I talked him out of that saw I had bought one of the newer Craftsman radial arms with the LaserTrac - it was a piece of garbage. Bogged down on anything you tried to cut. That saw will just pass through the wood like it isn't there. Build you a nice table (I've got it built into a workbench against the wall) and it will be a fine tool for years...

THIS. Always always always know where your hands are when using the saw. Make sure to let it come to full speed before beginning the cut. And take it slow maintaining control over it - they tend to leap at you sometimes. And whatever you do don't use it to do rip cuts - I'm sure someone will say they do it and it's fine. Just don't - they excel at throwing 2x4s across the room like missiles. Besides, you've got a table saw for that.

This could end up being a very happy mistake. Because the Polycrylic is water based it shouldn't cause any adhesion problems with another couple coats of paint - and used like you did it should tend to flatten out the surface even more after it was sanded back bc it fills and flattens better than paint alone. So I'm thinking that your final finish will be even smoother than it already was turning out to be because of that.

Really enjoying the thread you're doing awesome work.

I’m already on the hunt for a beefier saw. I actually just spoke with a gentleman who owns an old Powermatic cabinet saw, but he was wanting more than I was willing to pay.

I’ve got project & task ADHD. I’ve been finishing the low voltage wiring for the house (crimping RJ-45’s and installing faceplates, etc), but really want to get started with a cabinet for my RAS. I need sit down and design how I want my shop layout to be, and build with that in mind...

I’ve got another hour or so on Letting the paint dry, but you were right - it was a happy mistake. It’s looking very pretty. I’m sure that after a couple more rounds of clear coat, it will be beautiful.

Aaron H.
post #207 of 746 Old 12-28-2018, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I didn’t make it back out to the house until late this afternoon so I was only able to get a single coat of Polycrylic down. It looks good. Tomorrow if I have enough time, I will try to get two or three more layers down.

Aaron H.

luisev likes this.

Aaron H.
post #208 of 746 Old 12-29-2018, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

After sanding the steps, I’m back up to 4 coats of Polycrylic . The steps do look flatter after sanding, which is good. I’m just wondering how many coats of this stuff I really need to apply. I still have half a gallon of material to use if I wanted... I really need to get started on acoustic panel construction. The wood and fabric are waiting on me!

Aaron H.

Aaron H.
post #209 of 746 Old 12-30-2018, 05:42 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 409 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5497 Post(s)
Liked: 5081
They look nice and shiny. You will probably see reflections off the screen. This is what I would use.

Rjloper9, gwthacker and Oklahomie like this.
post #210 of 746 Old 12-30-2018, 06:35 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
They look nice and shiny. You will probably see reflections off the screen. This is what I would use.

That is what I originally looked for, but Lowe’s only had them in the smaller quart-sized containers, which now looking back at it would have been perfect. I could finish them with a layer of that and it would flatten out the shine you think?

**EDIT** single layer or multiple layers? I meant to ask.

Aaron H.

Aaron H.

Last edited by Oklahomie; 12-30-2018 at 06:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page