First off - This is BOSS idea is super cool and exciting. The last thing I've wanted to add to my theater is some kind of TR.. I heard some iffy things about a lot of the methods.. I've read great things about Crawsons - they've just been a little on the pricy side - and I upgraded other things first.. I was actually searching to see if Crawson had updated their product line when I stumbled upon BOSS.. And it seems like it's damn near the performance for a fraction of the cost - which is right up my ally.. It's really brilliant that you all came up with this - I'm super grateful that I get to piggyback on your great idea!
Second, I'm sorry if any of these questions are redundant - I've been reading the thread off an on for the past couple days.. I could've very easily missed the answers..
OK - off to the questions!
1) I have three chairs that span about 89"x32" - I plan to only construct a mini BOSS platform to sit directly under the chairs, so roughly the same dimensions. I want to put a driver under each chair. I'm considering doubling up the 3/4" MDF underneath.. But, I'm wondering if that is over kill? Or, if there's a downside to doubling up the MDF?
2) I've read some mentions of doubling up the isolators - but, the recommended isolators are hemispheres.. does doubling them increase their effectiveness for a regular mini BOSS design? If yes, how should one best double them? https://www.amazon.com/Platinum-Sili...rum-convert-20
3) how often do the drivers go on sale for $29.99? I read a sale just happened a few weeks back..
4) I notice that when recommending the Behringer amp, it's important to get the D model so you can limit the juice going to the drivers.. How do you make sure you don't push them too hard if you're using a more conventional amp like this: https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Source-...QAJMNVG1WK8P95
5) I see the speaker mounting diameter for the JBLs is 11" - this is a stupid question, but I've never cut my own baffle, before - that's just an 11" diameter cutout, right? Any tricks for getting it cut exactly right? I've got a router and a circular router jig..
6) Just to double check - it's not necessary to flush mount the drivers in the mini BOSS as long as the recommended isolators + carpet savers are used, right? I just want to make sure I'm not running the driver into the ground..
Thanks in advance - I'm so stoked to give this a shot.