The Hideaway Theater - Page 150 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4911Likes

post #4471 of 6340 Old 12-16-2019, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 160 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked: 2932
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHawk2383 View Post
I see most people make their risers even with the furniture which I believe I would prefer. With the added height I may need this could pose an issue. What is the consensus on flush vs extending out in front of the seats? I can see the benefit of added TR through the feet when seated upright but does this out way the tripping hazard and stubbed toes?
The tripping hazard is just an excuse to let you embed LEDs in it and play with the lighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post
I am making mine flush with the sides and front of the furniture.

I am thinking about maybe using a roundover router bit to further soften the edge, but not sure if that works well with plywood.
A roundover is no problem with plywood if you have decent plywood. Usually the only issue is if you happen to hit a void with the bit you will have a little dip at that point and you might get a little bit of tear out on the side of the void. You can easily sand it smooth though.
giomania and BlackHawk2383 like this.

#IHateNalleh
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4472 of 6340 Old 12-16-2019, 09:50 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 876 Post(s)
Liked: 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3bham View Post
I'm not sure. Maybe I ordered the wrong ones - but they didn't fit the contour of the isolators. That being said, I don't think I need them. But I am also on a concrete floor with carpet that isn't cheap but isn't super thick either.
I have started to think about how I am going to get all the isolators and the carpet stickers aligned when I install the platform. I did notice the carpet stickers do really press in place once a little pressure is applied. Since they can be placed and not move, the only thing I can think of is to measure everything once the isolators are installed and ensure the carpet stickers are placed in those exact measured spots. Are there any ideas / tips on this?

Thanks.

Mark

Lumagen Radiance Pro HDR Tone Mapping Guide: Click Here

Lumagen Radiance Pro Setup & Calibration Tips: Click Here

UHD-BD Backup & Playback Guidance Link
post #4473 of 6340 Old 12-16-2019, 12:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 970 Post(s)
Liked: 1041
Quote:
I am making mine flush with the sides and front of the furniture.

I am thinking about maybe using a roundover router bit to further soften the edge, but not sure if that works well with plywood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Roundover worked well for me. Not perfect, but mine are hidden so I wasn’t too concerned.

Chris
m0j0, p3bham and pkinneb like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4474 of 6340 Old 12-16-2019, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by a77cj7 View Post
Roundover worked well for me. Not perfect, but mine are hidden so I wasn’t too concerned.

Chris
Nice! Thank you for the pictures. The photos reminded me that I looked in my collection of extra screws over the weekend for something to mount the drivers, and the holes are pretty small. Since I have six drivers, I need a lot of screws. I have some screws that will work, but the heads are too large to sink in and will sit on top of the ledge. I don't think this is a problem, but though I would ask. I prefer to use my collection available, but will buy screws if I need to.

Last edited by giomania; 12-16-2019 at 12:27 PM.
post #4475 of 6340 Old 12-16-2019, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Nice! Thank you for the pictures. The photos reminded me that I looked in my collection of extra screws over the weekend for something to mount the drivers, and the holes are pretty small. Since I have six drivers, I need a lot of screws. I have some screws that will work, but the heads are too large to sink in and will sit on top of the ledge. I don't think this is a problem, but though I would ask. I prefer to use my collection available, but will buy screws if I need to.
Grab a pack of these washer head screws. They work great for holding the drivers in place.
giomania and richardsim7 like this.

#IHateNalleh
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
post #4476 of 6340 Old 12-16-2019, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Quoted: 1220 Post(s)
Liked: 1795
Quote:
I have started to think about how I am going to get all the isolators and the carpet stickers aligned when I install the platform. I did notice the carpet stickers do really press in place once a little pressure is applied. Since they can be placed and not move, the only thing I can think of is to measure everything once the isolators are installed and ensure the carpet stickers are placed in those exact measured spots. Are there any ideas / tips on this?

Thanks.

Mark
Mark. Thanks. Double sided tape should keep the carpet savers adhered to the rubber isolators long enough to keep them from falling off when flipping everything over and locating the mini-riser on the carpet. If you don't have any double sided tape, maybe velcro or even duct tape rolled onto itself would work in a pinch. Once the riser is in place, the cups on the carpet risers will keep everything nested together nicely and hide the tape accordingly.
giomania likes this.
post #4477 of 6340 Old 12-16-2019, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Hi Guys, first of all thanks @trhought for bringing this experience to us. BOSS has made a massive difference in how I experience my system now. Previously I was using two UM18 sealed box NF close for tactile and now I have the BOSS setup which matches it with less than half the cost. I just need bit of help in making sure I don't fry the drivers.

I am using 6 pioneer drivers TS W306R which are rated 4 ohm and has Xmax of 11.7mm. I guess they can reach xmax at 30-40 watt of power as they have 96db Sensitivity. I am driving them Series/Parallel (three in series & then paralled) with 6 ohm load with one channel of NX3000. I don't have D version but I am using minidspHD. I am assuming with 6 ohm I should be able to get around 450 watt of one channel on NX3000.

How should I make sure to run them at their maximum potential but at the same time don't bottom them out. I am only seeing one green led at the moment on the amp, is it okay? What sort of noises I should expect at high volume as due to vibration my couch also make noise which may mask the noise made by the woofers. I have amp at 3'oclock, minidsp at -5 gain and receiver sub level at -9. I mostly listen at reference level. Any help with be really appreciated.

Have attached how my boss setup looks like
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BOSS.png
Views:	26
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	2654938  

Last edited by automata21; 12-16-2019 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Added Image
post #4478 of 6340 Old 12-16-2019, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHawk2383 View Post
Well the wife has provided her input and she would rather everything be hidden. I can't say I disagree with her but as usual it will likely just mean more work for me. After more measuring it appears I could fit drivers under the chairs if I go with 3x 3/4in layers and possibly with 2x 3/4" plus 1x 1/2". This would cause chairs to be raised up 3-4" after accounting for isolators as well as the 7/8" chair legs which currently sink most of the way into the carpet. This seems like a lot to me. I will have to grab some scrap wood and test.

I see most people make their risers even with the furniture which I believe I would prefer. With the added height I may need this could pose an issue. What is the consensus on flush vs extending out in front of the seats? I can see the benefit of added TR through the feet when seated upright but does this out way the tripping hazard and stubbed toes?

If I still wind up going single layer cantilevered I will probably have to still make something like the SketchUp design I shared but just minimal framing and wrapped in fabric. (*More work reference)

We really need to tell these power recline chair manufacturers their chairs need to come BOSS compatible. Get that added to the list of selling features. 😋

Power recline ✔️
Power headrest ✔️
Top grain leather ✔️
BOSS compatible ✔️✔️⠜”️
I have 3 layers of 3/4 plywood as my platform. I had the exact same issue with the recliners and didn’t want drivers sticking out of the back of the couch. I was able to make them flush to the couch and now it looks like the couch was actually upgraded because of the stain used on the plywood. In addition, I was able to go with 6 jbls instead of 3 because of the extra rigidity of the 3 layers of plywood. I was able to turn the negative of the couch height into a positive. Definitely glad I went in this direction. It performs incredibly. Better than I could have imagined. Attached are some pics of the upgraded couches.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	87380BA3-778D-4114-B6A6-CFE2AA9F9FA0_1576542852443.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	2654942   Click image for larger version

Name:	BE53BB60-330E-486E-9538-859D171B25E7_1576542883946.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	2654944   Click image for larger version

Name:	1D408A3E-D9F5-4DC5-B377-9BE265EAB145_1576542901079.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	2654946   Click image for larger version

Name:	67001A68-E14E-4EF1-A91C-3D23BE6A61D4_1576542920669.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	2654948  
post #4479 of 6340 Old 12-16-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a77cj7 View Post
Roundover worked well for me. Not perfect, but mine are hidden so I wasn’️t too concerned.

Chris
Nice! Thank you for the pictures. The photos reminded me that I looked in my collection of extra screws over the weekend for something to mount the drivers, and the holes are pretty small. Since I have six drivers, I need a lot of screws. I have some screws that will work, but the heads are too large to sink in and will sit on top of the ledge. I don't think this is a problem, but though I would ask. I prefer to use my collection available, but will buy screws if I need to. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/IMG]
I have 6 drivers as well and used a bunch of size #10 wood screws. The right size to secure it well plus the head fit flush into the speaker bracket.
giomania likes this.
post #4480 of 6340 Old 12-16-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDog View Post
Quote:
Nice! Thank you for the pictures. The photos reminded me that I looked in my collection of extra screws over the weekend for something to mount the drivers, and the holes are pretty small. Since I have six drivers, I need a lot of screws. I have some screws that will work, but the heads are too large to sink in and will sit on top of the ledge. I don't think this is a problem, but though I would ask. I prefer to use my collection available, but will buy screws if I need to. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/IMG]
Grab a pack of these washer head screws. They work great for holding the drivers in place.
These look like a great option.
post #4481 of 6340 Old 12-17-2019, 01:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 869 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Was thinking last night if I could improve my BOSS setup by swapping round my amps.

I currently have the NX3000 powering my rear row, channel one powers my SVS driver (four ohms) & channel two powers four MB Quarts (DS1-304) wired in series (two ohms).

Front row is four MB Quarts (DS1-304) wired in series (two ohms) powered by my ButtKicker BKA1000-N amp.

I was thinking about moving the ButtKicker BKA1000-N amp to power my SVS driver as according to the specs it will output 1000 watts into 4 ohms which I believe the SVS driver is 4 ohms.

Carry on using channel 2 on the NX3000 for the four MB Quarts on the rear row & channel one would power the four MB Quarts on the front row.

I would presume the NX3000 would be able to handle the two ohm load the four MB Quarts wired in series provides?

I was just thinking the ButtKicker amp could provide more power to the SVS driver if I wanted it? Or should the NX3000 be more than enough?
post #4482 of 6340 Old 12-17-2019, 04:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhought View Post
varun432.....Great to hear you have everything dialed in on your BOSS now. So glad you're enjoying you're newfound TR and that it blends so well with your 4 SVS subs.

Also, awesome you're using BEQ with your BOSS. They bring out the best in each other!

Congrats!

Enjoy!
I downloaded the beq app,,, and there are lots of options and and it isn't very easy to apply..
Couldn't find the steps to implement beq.

So if anyone could help me here..
I am still at 7.1,, so doing beq on my mkv files shouldn't be an issue..

Problem is the steps for application and creating the new file
Would be useful for anyone use beq app
post #4483 of 6340 Old 12-17-2019, 04:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Any issue with the magnet of the driver almost touching the metal of the chair?

post #4484 of 6340 Old 12-17-2019, 05:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Is there a way to measure xmax on the drivers to ensure we're not pushing them too hard. I have 2 JBL's on each channel of a 6000 wired in series (8 Ohm load). So each sub should be getting about 300W max which sounds like too much.
post #4485 of 6340 Old 12-17-2019, 07:07 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Yours looks very clean. Being an experienced woodworker, I began with the idea of making mine nice like that - same as you two JBL's under a single chair. But then my chair turned out to have springs in terrible places for getting the damn thing to fit - and I just gave up making it nice lol. Ended up cramming it in there. It isn't pretty, but man it works.
giomania likes this.

Roll Tide.
post #4486 of 6340 Old 12-17-2019, 07:52 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by YumMasterYum View Post
Is there a way to measure xmax on the drivers to ensure we're not pushing them too hard. I have 2 JBL's on each channel of a 6000 wired in series (8 Ohm load). So each sub should be getting about 300W max which sounds like too much.
I think its been stated that the JBLs reach Xmax at 80W. If you have the DSP version you can set a voltage limit in the software to limit the power but if not you will just need to crank the sensitivity down and experiment raising it slowly until you hear unpleasant sounds. This is the simple and easy method.

The more complicated and technically sound method would be to use use a DMM or scope and REW to generate a 0DBFS sine wave. With your AVR set at the maximum volume you plan to listen at you can slowly adjust the sensitivity nob on the amp until you get to a calculated 80W max per driver. In your application, each channel needs to be limited to 160W. 160W into 8ohms requires ~35Vrms output from the amp. P=(V*V)/R. This is slightly complicated if you use any EQ'ing as you would need to sweep over the frequency band and not just check at a single frequency. For example 60Hz may be fine but with a house curve or BEQ with boosted lower end you will have to double check you don't exceed the 35Vrms at any frequency you plan to send to the driver.

P.S. - you obviously do this sort of testing with the drivers disconnected!

DIY Khanspire mains, In-Khan-Neato surrounds, RSL 34E Atmos, 8x AE IB15 array
Denon x6500, Emotiva XPA-3, NX6000, MiniDSP 2x4HD
JVC RS2000
post #4487 of 6340 Old 12-17-2019, 08:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun432 View Post
I downloaded the beq app,,, and there are lots of options and and it isn't very easy to apply..
Couldn't find the steps to implement beq.

So if anyone could help me here..
I am still at 7.1,, so doing beq on my mkv files shouldn't be an issue..

Problem is the steps for application and creating the new file
Would be useful for anyone use beq app
Go to the first page or the BEQ thread and search for "The BEQDesigner App is the Best way to Merge BEQ Movie files with your own EQ/House Curve." Pio has full instructions there on how to do it. It starts with downloading and finishes with watching your movie.

I'm going to really try to get a BEQ Browser beta out the door in the next couple of weeks too which will make it a bit easier. I've been saying this for too long now and I'm really going to try to hold my feet to the fire on it.
giomania, m0j0, varun432 and 1 others like this.

#IHateNalleh
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
post #4488 of 6340 Old 12-17-2019, 10:37 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_0bvious View Post
By the way -- I should add: I have always been intimidated by using a router, and I don't know why. I inherited one from my grandfather recently, and decided to try it on the BOSS.

After about 2 minutes practicing on some scraps, I went to town on the BOSS. At most, it took me fifteen minutes to complete... And having that beveled edge really adds some polish to the project!
Seriously, that beveled edge makes it look very professional! Good idea with the JBL stickers, I'll probably add some to mine well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post
Wow. That is something to behold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trhought View Post
TestType....Thanks for the details. Sounds good. You're doing your homework ahead of time which is a good thing and are piecing together all the right ingredients.

You will certainly like the BOSS for its realistic and commanding TR. The Auras can be directly mounted to the BOSS platform to supplement TR if space permits. Others who have added shakers to their setups have bolted them directly to their BOSS platforms with reported good results.

The BOSS will be perfect for your apartment also. Late at night, I'll listen to BOSS only without any of my subwoofers in the mix. When seated on my BOSS platforms, it feels like I'm right there in the movie or music when reclined with an LPF of 80Hz. As soon as I stand up, the effect is gone and now I'm just watching the movie or listening to the music. When I walk out of the theater, I can't hear anything and the rest of the family is sound asleep. Pretty awesome!

As always, let us know what we can help with as your design comes into focus.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the detailed response again Tim, much appreciated!
I'm having to learn a lot to put this together, I didn't really have a clue about XLR or speakon connections before, but I sure do now. But I'm a gearhead so I'm enjoying the whole process. Assuming gearhead doesn't just apply to interest in cars.

I think one of the best things about BOSS is how neighbor friendly it appears to be, so that is a huge plus.

I have seen people using Buttkickers and Crowsons with their BOSS systems, but haven't found anybody using Aura's, which is not filling me with great confidence that it's going to add much. Still, I'm leaning towards adding them to my parts-express order and ordering very shortly. I know the Aura's don't have anywhere near the same effect as the other two I mentioned, but I'm not willing to spend much more on transducers right now, I'd sooner put that amount of money towards buying another VTF2-MK5. But I am still very curious if it can add anything to the BOSS, not that it necessarily needs it. So I'll just have to try it, I think otherwise I will always be wondering what it could do. I can then relate my experience once I have it all up and running and tuned to my liking. So I hope I like it, and if not, hopefully I can sell them for not much of a loss, or find some other use for them.
post #4489 of 6340 Old 12-17-2019, 12:00 PM

Just sharing snaps of my setup :

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG-1564.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	2655256   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1566.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	228.7 KB
ID:	2655258   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1567.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	2655260   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1568.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	2655262  

Last edited by automata21; 12-17-2019 at 12:11 PM.
post #4490 of 6340 Old 12-17-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by automata21 View Post
Just sharing snaps of my setup :

You put 2 JBLs under each seat and then behind the seats as well?! You freakin’ savage. Lol. That’s awesome. Wish i thought of that! How is it so far? My 2 jbls under each seat hit hard so I can only imagine! Right on!
post #4491 of 6340 Old 12-17-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLViking2011 View Post
You put 2 JBLs under each seat and then behind the seats as well?! You freakin’ savage. Lol. That’s awesome. Wish i thought of that! How is it so far? My 2 jbls under each seat hit hard so I can only imagine! Right on!
I am using pioneer as I was having hard time getting JBL so 6 of them should be somewhat equal to 4 of JBL. Also, the two at the back makes a good difference in feel. My initial thought was that BOSS will replace nearfield subwoofer but now I want both of them together. Its such a bad addiction! I still haven't figured out what will be the maximum power I can send to them as I dont have D version of amp, just nx3000.
post #4492 of 6340 Old 12-17-2019, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcallister View Post

It should help keep the chairs from launching!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

post #4493 of 6340 Old 12-17-2019, 05:33 PM
ZBF

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Just finished my build. The room is small 11x11x8 and my two rythmik l12 do an awesome job but now with the addition of this BOSS I feel it is more or less complete. Wife, neighbour and grandparents were super impressed. Thanks to all pioneers in this forum. Special thanks to xpertpredator who walked me though the setup.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
automata21 likes this.
post #4494 of 6340 Old 12-17-2019, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBF View Post
Just finished my build. The room is small 11x11x8 and my two rythmik l12 do an awesome job but now with the addition of this BOSS I feel it is more or less complete. Wife, neighbour and grandparents were super impressed. Thanks to all pioneers in this forum. Special thanks to xpertpredator who walked me though the setup.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Looks great. Nice and clean job.
post #4495 of 6340 Old 12-17-2019, 10:44 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 655 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4176 Post(s)
Liked: 3989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Simple, strong concept, but if you were having trouble visualizing this like me, here it is in picture form:

We'll use a 500Hz frequency point so you can see the effects on the frequency plot. (since it'll be visually cutoff on the left if we use 20Hz as the frequency point)

When you use a LS12 you only affect the EQ by about 3dB to the left of your frequency plot and the vast majority of the EQ applied happens in the area you may not be intending to boost (above 20Hz in our BOSS example).

You can then offset the lower output on the Filter/Crossover tab by increasing the gain.

I'm going to give this a try.

I finally tested this HS12 style DSP config tonight. Was putting it off because I was already quite pleased with what I had. The HS12 config is slightly different, but I still like what I had dialed in previously subjectively better. The HS12 config seems to make some of the deeper bass notes drone on and miss some of the original texture. As compared to the config I use, I can feel/sense fluctuations in the bass texture of a note or even feel more than one bass note at a time (layered). The config I have also feels a bit quicker, crisper, more natural, like a neutral compliment to my 18" sealed subs.

Here are the settings I use for my direct mount BOSS setup. I haven't found anything I like better and I played with the DSP for many hours on several occasions to arrive here: This may not be a match for the much more typical BOSS platforms, as I know many of you run the platforms more full range, but it's a fantastic match for my direct mount 12" MB Quart Drivers to Berkline chairs. Maybe these settings will be helpful to someone else fiddling with their EQ settings on their direct mount boss. Do not use my time delay settings - you'll have to calculate or feel through setting your own.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NX3000D Filter.PNG
Views:	174
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	2655474   Click image for larger version

Name:	NX3000D Config.PNG
Views:	184
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	2655476   Click image for larger version

Name:	NX3000D Dynamic.PNG
Views:	179
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	2655478  
giomania and lizrussspike like this.

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
208, 1" tweeters | 52, 5" woofers | 8, 18" subwoofers

Last edited by Archaea; 12-17-2019 at 10:52 PM.
post #4496 of 6340 Old 12-18-2019, 04:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1518 Post(s)
Liked: 2304
Thanks @Archaea from another direct mount BOSS member.
post #4497 of 6340 Old 12-18-2019, 06:36 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
The magnets on mine are very close to if not touching the spring structure of my chair (not a recliner). I was worried about this - mainly that there might be some rattles or other issues. There have been none.

Roll Tide.
post #4498 of 6340 Old 12-18-2019, 07:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Quoted: 2957 Post(s)
Liked: 2999
Do you guys feel the differences between various types of low pass filter used: Linkwitz-Riley, Butterworth, Bessel? Thanks.
post #4499 of 6340 Old 12-18-2019, 07:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 655 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4176 Post(s)
Liked: 3989
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
Do you guys feel the differences between various types of low pass filter used: Linkwitz-Riley, Butterworth, Bessel? Thanks.

ABSOLUTELY with direct mount.

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
208, 1" tweeters | 52, 5" woofers | 8, 18" subwoofers
post #4500 of 6340 Old 12-18-2019, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Quoted: 2957 Post(s)
Liked: 2999
^^ Can you try to describe the differences? I have been using Butterworth type. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page