The Hideaway Theater - Page 164 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4698Likes

post #4891 of 5992 Old 01-13-2020, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked: 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarteli View Post
Thanks for the reply, everything was working proper before. Strange, maybe something happened with placing the rubes......will look when I come home from work. Anyway, here's a photo how I wired them:
jbarteli....Thanks for the details. Wiring looks great! If it was working OK before the tube placement, then I think you're right. It's probably one of 2 things...1) the tube for that driver isn't encapsulating the driver fully and it's basically running as open baffle making it look like it's working harder or 2) the tubes on the other 2 drivers aren't located properly and are pushing against the cones making them move less.

Hope this helps.

Looking forward to learning what you discovered.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4892 of 5992 Old 01-13-2020, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi,

A couple of months ago, I posted a reply in this thread about a flightsim rig I was building and adding transducers. I just bought one JBL GT5-12 (planning to add three more) and I'm picking up
a Behringer NX3000 tomorrow (returning an unopened NX1000)

I'm also planning on adding the tubes underneath a birch plywood (I read that birch is the best) The iso's are here already.

My gaming room is on the first floor, do you think if I'd add a rubber anti-vibration mat or thick carpet with carpet savers and then the tubes and the iso's, my family members will
notice anything from two or four of these JBL's ?

The NX will be hooked up to a external USB soundcard (simshaker for aviators needs a second soundcard). I've been reading something about flattening a response/input curve.
Do I need a mini dsp or something in between the USB soundcard and the Inuke?
So the Inuke receives and then sends out a flatter signal or something or does the Inuke have everything I need?

Can I just use a phone vibration sensor app or do I need to build one following the guidelines on avs to get the most out of it.

Could a buttkicker LFE one or two still be a good addition. Boosting from 12-27 hz I seem to have read? Are would mixing jbl's and bk not be recommended for beginners?
See this post https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...l#post58367018

Regards,

William
post #4893 of 5992 Old 01-13-2020, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willem81 View Post
Hi,

A couple of months ago, I posted a reply in this thread about a flightsim rig I was building and adding transducers. I just bought one JBL GT5-12 (planning to add three more) and I'm picking up
a Behringer NX3000 tomorrow (returning an unopened NX1000)

I'm also planning on adding the tubes underneath a birch plywood (I read that birch is the best) The iso's are here already.

My gaming room is on the first floor, do you think if I'd add a rubber anti-vibration mat or thick carpet with carpet savers and then the tubes and the iso's, my family members will
notice anything from two or four of these JBL's ?

The NX will be hooked up to a external USB soundcard (simshaker for aviators needs a second soundcard). I've been reading something about flattening a response/input curve.
Do I need a mini dsp or something in between the USB soundcard and the Inuke?
So the Inuke receives and then sends out a flatter signal or something or does the Inuke have everything I need?

Can I just use a phone vibration sensor app or do I need to build one following the guidelines on avs to get the most out of it.

Could a buttkicker LFE one or two still be a good addition. Boosting from 12-27 hz I seem to have read? Are would mixing jbl's and bk not be recommended for beginners?
See this post https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-de...l#post58367018

Regards,

William
William....welcome back. Thanks for the update on your plans for your flight sim rig

Yes, the tubes plus isolators underneath the birch plywood along with 3-4 JBL's will definitely deliver the smiles for the kids. Just follow the guidelines in Post 29 for the construction of your mini-riser BOSS platform. After that is done, then just simply slip the 16" tubes over the JBL's underneath and enjoy!

For your flight sim rig, I would keep it very simple to begin with. No need to add additional shaker potential or DSP. I think you'll be very happy with the result and won't find a need for more shaker potential. If curiosity gets the best of you, you could always start adding more shaker potential and/or DSP to your setup to eek out a few more TR morsels. But, I'd start with the minimalist approach first to get a taste of the power of BOSS, then add the tubes if possible to bring even more "floating" to your flight simulator experience.

Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4894 of 5992 Old 01-13-2020, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhought View Post
jbarteli....Thanks for the details. Wiring looks great! If it was working OK before the tube placement, then I think you're right. It's probably one of 2 things...1) the tube for that driver isn't encapsulating the driver fully and it's basically running as open baffle making it look like it's working harder or 2) the tubes on the other 2 drivers aren't located properly and are pushing against the cones making them move less.

Hope this helps.

Looking forward to learning what you discovered.
The tubes had to much air in them! The middle isolator at the back didn't touch the ground. That was the problem!
m0j0 and richardsim7 like this.
post #4895 of 5992 Old 01-13-2020, 09:51 AM

Thank you @trhought ! If I'm done, and all is up and running, I'll post a few pictures of the rig.
post #4896 of 5992 Old 01-13-2020, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The tubes had to much air in them! The middle isolator at the back didn't touch the ground. That was the problem!
Thanks for the update jbarteli. Great to hear you've got it dialed in now!
post #4897 of 5992 Old 01-13-2020, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you @trhought ! If I'm done, and all is up and running, I'll post a few pictures of the rig.
Sounds great William! Looking forward to seeing and learning more about your flight sim rig
post #4898 of 5992 Old 01-13-2020, 10:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quoted: 1044 Post(s)
Liked: 2719
Quote:
Just to clarify since that might have come from me. Void free baltic birch is the best plywood. It's higher end and usually need to get from a wood store. There's also birch plywood that places like Home Depot carry. It's more of a midrange ply and what I used on my BOSS since it's about half the price of the good stuff here. It's along the lines of the oak or maple plywood they carry. Usually they have minimal voids but are not free of them. Definitely less than regular plywood though. The birch, oak, whatever wood on them is just a veneer on the outside layers for aesthetics.
giomania likes this.

#IHateNalleh
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
post #4899 of 5992 Old 01-13-2020, 10:15 AM

Ok Desertdog, I will see if I can get this type of Birch here. Thank you!
post #4900 of 5992 Old 01-13-2020, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 1195 Post(s)
Liked: 1777
Quote:

I was almost going to post earlier that it sounds like the tubes might be inflated unevenly, as you had mentioned you didn't have a pump that allowed you to accurately measure down to the 6-7 psi range. Glad you figured it out!
post #4901 of 5992 Old 01-13-2020, 10:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

So, per the recommendation from @trhought , went ahead and ordered a Behringer NX3000 amp for my BOSS. Today I am using speaker wire with banana plugs to plug my JBL's into my Outlaw amp (wired for 8 ohm load), then running RCA cable from the mini dsp to the Outlaw. What do I need to be able to use this new amp, which uses speakon connectors?
post #4902 of 5992 Old 01-13-2020, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0j0 View Post
So, per the recommendation from @trhought , went ahead and ordered a Behringer NX3000 amp for my BOSS. Today I am using speaker wire with banana plugs to plug my JBL's into my Outlaw amp (wired for 8 ohm load), then running RCA cable from the mini dsp to the Outlaw. What do I need to be able to use this new amp, which uses speakon connectors?
m0j0.....Thanks for the update. giomania's document summary of everything BOSS in this thread is linked in paragraph 2 of Post 29.

It has all the information you need including the connectors needed on pages 7 and 8.

A link to that document is right here for easy reference.

Hope this helps.
giomania and m0j0 like this.
post #4903 of 5992 Old 01-13-2020, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
m0j0.....Thanks for the update. giomania's document summary of everything BOSS in this thread is linked in paragraph 2 of Post 29.

It has all the information you need including the connectors needed on pages 7 and 8.

A link to that document is right here for easy reference.

Hope this helps.

As always, thanks very much for your help!
trhought likes this.
post #4904 of 5992 Old 01-13-2020, 11:57 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Hi All,
First time poster here from the UK, so please be gentle!

I was made aware of these BOSS builds by another member @paulst over on the AVForums (UK).

I'm looking to build a mini riser and was looking for suitable subs/drivers for my build. The recommended JBL GT5-12's are only really available now in the UK on the second hand market and are few and far between, So I'm looking for suitable alternatives.

The JBL STAGE S2-1224 appear to be readily available in the UK, Would these be suitable ?

Specs :-

12" Series II Car Audio Subwoofer
Power Handling:
Peak: 1100 watts
RMS: 275 watts
Recommended power range: 150 - 350 watts RMS
Nominal Impedance: Single 2 or 4 ohm
Polypropylene Cone
Nitrile Butadiene Rubber (NBR) Surround
SSI (Selectable Smart Impedance)
Oversized 2.0" Voice Coil
Spade Quck-connect Terminals
Stamped Steel Basket Frame
Top-mount depth: 6-1/2"
Cutout diameter: 11-1/4"
Frequency Response: 25 ~ 175 Hz
Xmax: 10.25 mm
Sensitivity: 93 dB
Sealed Enclosure Recommendation: 0.75ft³
Ported Enclosure Recommendation: 2.50ft³
*Infinite-baffle Mountable
Authorized Internet Dealer
1-year Manufacturer's Warranty

Thanks!
richardsim7 likes this.

Last edited by Stoke192; 01-29-2020 at 09:39 AM.
post #4905 of 5992 Old 01-13-2020, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Anyone have suggestions for what adaptors to use to connect to the inner-tubes valves when using the distribution system linked in the BOSS Guide:
https://www.amazon.com/Tailonz-Pneum...8950948&sr=8-3
post #4906 of 5992 Old 01-13-2020, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 438 Post(s)
Quoted: 3053 Post(s)
Liked: 4422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Anyone have suggestions for what adaptors to use to connect to the inner-tubes valves when using the distribution system linked in the BOSS Guide:
Just a warning: i just did a quick google search to find similar product to what i used. So the links are just examples. Dimensions and what fits need to be explored more, i was just pointing in the general direction

Dual AVR 13.1.8 SWAtmos - Atmos 13.1.8/DTS X 9.1.8/Auro 3D 13.1 - Denon AVCX8500H+AVRX7200WA - Klipsch+KEF - 4xSI18" - 12x12" w/6xSLAPS M12 VNF - 4x12"HB+2x18"CLHB - 3x2 stacked Crowson MA - 4xBK-LFE - 6xNU6K(fan&trig mod) - Minidsp 10x10HD - Oppo UDP203 - XB1X - ATV4K - JVC RS600 Dreamscreen V2 120"- Samsung QE82Q60.
>>>>Nalleh’s HT<<<<
post #4907 of 5992 Old 01-13-2020, 02:22 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:

Something to know for the guide, for sure.

Also, when adding the additional tubing and/or linking all the inner tubes together, what effect does that have on the pressure readings, in any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lumagen Radiance Pro HDR Tone Mapping Guide: Click Here

Lumagen Radiance Pro Setup & Calibration Tips: Click Here

UHD-BD Backup & Playback Guidance Link
post #4908 of 5992 Old 01-13-2020, 09:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello!!
Brand Newbie to posting to the site but am fairly obsessed with the concept and have been reading for months. So much so that I have built my riser/platform for the rear seating on the home theater with three of the JBLs installed into it. Here is my problem...and I think I know the answer...I dont think I can wire the 3 4 ohm jbls in any way to a mono amp at 4 ohms. luckily? I have two amps that are 4 ohm stable at about 125 watts rms per channel (x2 each) but would like to bridge an amp which is 250 watts rms at 4 ohms for the riser....3 subs @ 4 ohms into a bridged 250 watt 4 ohm amp. Is this possible. Thanks!
post #4909 of 5992 Old 01-13-2020, 11:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 438 Post(s)
Quoted: 3053 Post(s)
Liked: 4422
Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post
Something to know for the guide, for sure.

Also, when adding the additional tubing and/or linking all the inner tubes together, what effect does that have on the pressure readings, in any?

When you link the tubes, the pressure will equalize between them, so pressure readings are correct.

However, one thing to be aware of when linking several tubes together: when you sit in just one seat, you will compress the tube(s) under that seat, and since the tubes are linked, the air will escape to the other tube(s), possible making it lopsided and touching/compressing the iso’s under your seat. Kind of like those HUGE ballons in waterparks, were people jump down on one end , and people laying on the other end of the ballon fly up in the air
giomania and m0j0 like this.

Dual AVR 13.1.8 SWAtmos - Atmos 13.1.8/DTS X 9.1.8/Auro 3D 13.1 - Denon AVCX8500H+AVRX7200WA - Klipsch+KEF - 4xSI18" - 12x12" w/6xSLAPS M12 VNF - 4x12"HB+2x18"CLHB - 3x2 stacked Crowson MA - 4xBK-LFE - 6xNU6K(fan&trig mod) - Minidsp 10x10HD - Oppo UDP203 - XB1X - ATV4K - JVC RS600 Dreamscreen V2 120"- Samsung QE82Q60.
>>>>Nalleh’s HT<<<<
post #4910 of 5992 Old 01-14-2020, 01:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 1171 Post(s)
Liked: 635
Quote:
Not sure if these 'Push to Connect' hose adapters have the correct female threads for screwing onto the inner tubes, but should be cheap enough for someone to try. Also these may not have the inner pin that depresses the valve inside the inner tube stem. If not, the valve in the stem can be screwed out with a special tool assuming you have a way to seal the distribution hose somewhere upstream.

https://www.amazon.com/Pneumatic-Fit...EGJGK9J8CE01RK

Also here's the wiki page on the American standard tire valve, also called the Schrader valve.
giomania likes this.

darrellh44's Home Theater
Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences

"Don't trouble Trouble until Trouble troubles you".
post #4911 of 5992 Old 01-14-2020, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post
With the sub mounted to the back of my chair (see post 2010: I had just placed the isolators on the legs of the chair. Unfortunately, the legs are only about half an inch wide, and the isolators kept sliding out from under the chair. I was about to make a platform when I decided to check the response with the chair on the floor (since that's where it was when I was using the ButtKicker).

It turns out that, with a suspended wood floor, the response is terrific - no riser or isolators needed.

There's very little transfer to the adjacent (unconnected) seat, which works out well since my wife would rather not be "distracted" by the vibrations. I think it's GREAT!
Still another BOSS option.
Anyone near Philly need a set of eight isolators and furniture sliders?
Michael
I am just a lurker so I can't send you a PM. If these are still available I am interested. Perhaps PM me your email address so we can work it out. I am in SE PA. Thanks.
post #4912 of 5992 Old 01-14-2020, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Thanks for the update jbarteli. Great to hear you've got it dialed in now!
I noticed that the middle woofer also has more room to wiggle, because there is no feet of the couch at that point. I made a extra couch feet at the isolator in the middle and that solved the problem!
m0j0 likes this.
post #4913 of 5992 Old 01-14-2020, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by five9dak View Post
I am just a lurker so I can't send you a PM. If these are still available I am interested. Perhaps PM me your email address so we can work it out. I am in SE PA. Thanks.
PM received but I cannot reply. Just the isolators please. Your price is more than fair, I can paypal you plus fees if you send your email address.
post #4914 of 5992 Old 01-14-2020, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke192 View Post
Hi All,
First time poster here from the UK, so please be gentle!

I was made aware of these BOSS builds by another user @paulst10 over on the AVForums (UK).

I'm looking to build a mini riser and was looking for suitable subs/drivers for my build. The recommended JBL GT5-12's are only really available now in the UK on the second hand market and are few and far between, So I'm looking for suitable alternatives.

The JBL STAGE S2-1224 appear to be readily available in the UK, Would these be suitable ?

Specs :-

12" Series II Car Audio Subwoofer
Power Handling:
Peak: 1100 watts
RMS: 275 watts
Recommended power range: 150 - 350 watts RMS
Nominal Impedance: Single 2 or 4 ohm
Polypropylene Cone
Nitrile Butadiene Rubber (NBR) Surround
SSI (Selectable Smart Impedance)
Oversized 2.0" Voice Coil
Spade Quck-connect Terminals
Stamped Steel Basket Frame
Top-mount depth: 6-1/2"
Cutout diameter: 11-1/4"
Frequency Response: 25 ~ 175 Hz
Xmax: 10.25 mm
Sensitivity: 93 dB
Sealed Enclosure Recommendation: 0.75ft³
Ported Enclosure Recommendation: 2.50ft³
*Infinite-baffle Mountable
Authorized Internet Dealer
1-year Manufacturer's Warranty

Thanks!
Stoke192....Welcome aboard!

The JBL Stage S2-1224 is a very capable BOSS driver

With an Xmax of .85x the baseline JBL (10.25mm vs. 12.1mm) and an Mms of .87x the baseline JBL (155g vs. 179g), it has a shaker potential of .75x that of the baseline JBL.

It will take about 60 watts for each driver to reach Xmax in an open baffle as constructed in Post 29.

Just follow the instructions in Post 29 for the isolators, the placement of those isolators and use 3/4" plywood to keep the platform rigid.

As your BOSS design matures, just let us know of any questions.

Hope this helps!
giomania and Stoke192 like this.
post #4915 of 5992 Old 01-14-2020, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlauckner View Post
Hello!!
Brand Newbie to posting to the site but am fairly obsessed with the concept and have been reading for months. So much so that I have built my riser/platform for the rear seating on the home theater with three of the JBLs installed into it. Here is my problem...and I think I know the answer...I dont think I can wire the 3 4 ohm jbls in any way to a mono amp at 4 ohms. luckily? I have two amps that are 4 ohm stable at about 125 watts rms per channel (x2 each) but would like to bridge an amp which is 250 watts rms at 4 ohms for the riser....3 subs @ 4 ohms into a bridged 250 watt 4 ohm amp. Is this possible. Thanks!
mlauckner....welcome aboard and congrats on your BOSS build. Welcome to the BOSS family!

Unfortunately, 3 of the baseline JBL's can't be wired for 4 ohms. In series, they will provide 12 ohms and in parallel, they will provide 1.33 ohms.

The only way to achieve 4 ohms using same drivers you have now in your back row is to add 1 more driver and wire in series/parallel. That will result in the 4 ohms you desire and provide about 62 watts for each of those 4 drivers when using one of your existing amps bridged for 250 watts 4 ohms. You probably won't be able to tell a difference since this is pretty close to the prescribed 80 watts.

Not sure if this meets your goals....if not, just let me know what else you have in mind and we'll go from there.
post #4916 of 5992 Old 01-14-2020, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalleh View Post
When you link the tubes, the pressure will equalize between them, so pressure readings are correct.

However, one thing to be aware of when linking several tubes together: when you sit in just one seat, you will compress the tube(s) under that seat, and since the tubes are linked, the air will escape to the other tube(s), possible making it lopsided and touching/compressing the iso’s under your seat. Kind of like those HUGE ballons in waterparks, were people jump down on one end , and people laying on the other end of the ballon fly up in the air
Nalleh brings up a great point for those who want to daisy chain your tubes together for easy inflation.

This will cause an unbalance for sure in your BOSS platform. To mitigate this, I'd suggest using the individual tubes and inflating them individually like everyone who has built a BOSS hovercraft has done so far.

Or, if you desire to daisy chain them for easy inflation, place a shutoff valve between each of the tubes so they can't communicate with each other after you have inflated them. Simply inflate to the desired pressure. Then, after inflating, turn each valve to the off position between each tube so they are closed and each tube can no longer communicate with the other.

Hope this makes sense.

As a minimalist, I'd suggest the simple approach and just place the tubes individually and fill individually. But, this is AVS and I know how some of you are when it comes to the "Rube Goldberg" approach to these type of things That was meant to be funny and no disrespect to the Rube Goldbergs out there
giomania likes this.
post #4917 of 5992 Old 01-14-2020, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I noticed that the middle woofer also has more room to wiggle, because there is no feet of the couch at that point. I made a extra couch feet at the isolator in the middle and that solved the problem!
jbarteli.....Thanks for the update on your BOSS design. Makes perfect sense. The platform flexing was allowing your tube in that location to start getting excited more easily and therefore creating a pressure wave of its own against the driver.

Clever solution!

Thanks for sharing as the "tubes as hovercraft" retrofits and designs mature.
post #4918 of 5992 Old 01-14-2020, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 1171 Post(s)
Liked: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalleh View Post

Quote:
Nalleh brings up a great point for those who want to daisy chain your tubes together for easy inflation.

This will cause an unbalance for sure in your BOSS platform. To mitigate this, I'd suggest using the individual tubes and inflating them individually like everyone who has built a BOSS hovercraft has done so far.

Or, if you desire to daisy chain them for easy inflation, place a shutoff valve between each of the tubes so they can't communicate with each other after you have inflated them. Simply inflate to the desired pressure. Then, after inflating, turn each valve to the off position between each tube so they are closed and each tube can no longer communicate with the other.

Hope this makes sense.

As a minimalist, I'd suggest the simple approach and just place the tubes individually and fill individually. But, this is AVS and I know how some of you are when it comes to the "Rube Goldberg" approach to these type of things That was meant to be funny and no disrespect to the Rube Goldbergs out there
Assuming you have a solid baffle under all the seats, I would think this would only be a problem if only one of the end seats is sat in. The baffle may tend to sag a little if only the middle seat is sat in, but that should mostly be a static bend and shouldn't appreciably affect the transfer of vibrations. I plan to add a couple of these C-channel stiffeners along the length of the top-side of my baffle to prevent sagging.

darrellh44's Home Theater
Guide to Subwoofer Calibration and Bass Preferences

"Don't trouble Trouble until Trouble troubles you".
post #4919 of 5992 Old 01-14-2020, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:

Hope this makes sense.

Yeah, before long we will probably have BEQ for Hovercraft with various PSI settings. After that, we will add Rasberry Pi controlled pumps to adjust said pressure. You read it here first!

Mark

DesertDog likes this.

Lumagen Radiance Pro HDR Tone Mapping Guide: Click Here

Lumagen Radiance Pro Setup & Calibration Tips: Click Here

UHD-BD Backup & Playback Guidance Link
post #4920 of 5992 Old 01-14-2020, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quoted: 1044 Post(s)
Liked: 2719
Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post
Yeah, before long we will probably have BEQ for Hovercraft with various PSI settings. After that, we will add Rasberry Pi controlled pumps to adjust said pressure. You read it here first!
We need to start sourcing quiet pumps. That way we can then script the RPi to vary the pressure during the movie to optimize on the fly for what's happening.
giomania likes this.

#IHateNalleh
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page