The Hideaway Theater - Page 75 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2806Likes

post #2221 of 2935 Old 05-11-2019, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 158
What are you guys doing to make sure you set the amp volume correctly on the BOSS? Since there is no spl to measure, I'm not sure how to "match" it properly to my subs. I guess just go by feel?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Equipment: Yamaha 3050, Oppo 103d, DIYSG HT12s (L,C,R), PSA mt 110s (SR,SL), 2 VBSS, Submaximus, 4 driver BOSS build, umik-1, Epson 3700
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2222 of 2935 Old 05-11-2019, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 12
@trhought : Thanks very much for taking the time and effort to answer my questions. Has there been any consensus about best practices for integrating BK mini's with the BOSS configuration? Would it be best to mount them in an X &/or Y orientation say in the back rest or on the Z axis with the JBL 12's(due to arrive next week) under seating? This should be fun! I thought I might try cutting some 4"dia. superballs in half for my initial suspension mount trials unless people have been down that road unsuccessfully already.
post #2223 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 01:56 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Have anyone measured how their BOSS affects their subwoofer frequency response? My front row BOSS actually has some SPL and this is only with 95W put into the 4 GT-X1200. The frequency response at MLP is affected by the BOSS, but I doubt that I would be able to hear that small change. However, the seats on the back row riser is affected much more, so I fear that the same thing will happen to my front row seats, when I add drivers to the back row BOSS. I think that once I have dialed in the BOSS settings, I will redo the MSO calculations including the BOSS as a non modifiable subwoofer. and see how that works out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2224 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 547 Post(s)
Liked: 1006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longeze View Post
@trhought : Thanks very much for taking the time and effort to answer my questions. Has there been any consensus about best practices for integrating BK mini's with the BOSS configuration? Would it be best to mount them in an X &/or Y orientation say in the back rest or on the Z axis with the JBL 12's(due to arrive next week) under seating? This should be fun! I thought I might try cutting some 4"dia. superballs in half for my initial suspension mount trials unless people have been down that road unsuccessfully already.
Longeze.....Good Questions.

Chris Young mounted his buttkickers directly to the top of his platform and reported great results....below is a link to his build thread.

I think the "super bounce" balls will be too hard if I'm thinking of the same thing. The softer rubber balls, that don't bounce very high, would be a better choice due to the softer durometer.

Have fun with your BOSS design planning and experiments!

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-ge...theater-2.html
post #2225 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 603 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3772 Post(s)
Liked: 3556
anyone tried these isolaters?

https://www.amazon.com/SVS-SoundPath...4MAZ58XEBR8VST

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
(13) JBL CBT 70j-1 | Denon x7200wa | Sherbourn PA 7-350 amplifier | (8) Ultimax 18" sealed subwoofers | (4) iNuke DSP 6000 amplifiers | (4) MB Quart 12" subwoofers mounted direct mounted to Berkline theater chairs BOSS style | Epson 5040UB Projector | Jamestown 144" acoustic transparent 2.35:1 screen w/ Seymour XD fabric
post #2226 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Hey all. I got one of the 3 platforms going last night. I used my go to scene (Hulk punch)to get the output level on my 10x10 hitting the limiter. I’m only sending it 80 watts or so...I’m not sure how much more it’ll take. I haven’t tried. But, I can say it’s pretty awesome, especially 25hz and up to the 40+hz range. But, even though it will play the Hulk punch scene, the Crowsons manage that better. However, the combo of the two is outrageous and an absolute blast. The Pod scene from War of the Worlds was crazy. Also, the THX Amaze and FotP barrel roll just have a presence they didn’t have before. And, I can finally play the JW club scene and get some punch behind his gun shots.

Now I’m debating connecting them. If is do, it would be easier to add the pieces to the top vs taking everything apart to add them to the bottom. Does it matter?? Also, I am unable to tell how much clearance the driver had. Each platform is sitting on 6 or more ISOs. But, the chair on the MLP platform is heavy. And, I can definitely see it sits a little lower than the other 2 recliners. I’m thinking of adding spacers under the ISO’s to get a little more height. This also might make connecting them an issue.

Thoughts on this. Anyone pushing more than 80 watts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HT: Oppo UHD-203 | Crown Amps | NX3000D | NX6000D | 1299s | Volt 8s | THTs | Crowson Shadow 8s | BOSS riser | Panamax 5300PM | LG OLED 65B6P
Family: Denon AVR-S740 | PSB Alpha AVs | Sony X900F | X1
post #2227 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 08:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 2058 Post(s)
Liked: 2215
Seems like it had been quite a while since the last Best Buy driver sale......

I need two more!
CaseyH71 likes this.
post #2228 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan611 View Post
Hey all. I got one of the 3 platforms going last night. I used my go to scene (Hulk punch)to get the output level on my 10x10 hitting the limiter. I’m only sending it 80 watts or so...I’m not sure how much more it’ll take. I haven’t tried. But, I can say it’s pretty awesome, especially 25hz and up to the 40+hz range. But, even though it will play the Hulk punch scene, the Crowsons manage that better. However, the combo of the two is outrageous and an absolute blast. The Pod scene from War of the Worlds was crazy. Also, the THX Amaze and FotP barrel roll just have a presence they didn’t have before. And, I can finally play the JW club scene and get some punch behind his gun shots.

Now I’m debating connecting them. If is do, it would be easier to add the pieces to the top vs taking everything apart to add them to the bottom. Does it matter?? Also, I am unable to tell how much clearance the driver had. Each platform is sitting on 6 or more ISOs. But, the chair on the MLP platform is heavy. And, I can definitely see it sits a little lower than the other 2 recliners. I’m thinking of adding spacers under the ISO’s to get a little more height. This also might make connecting them an issue.

Thoughts on this. Anyone pushing more than 80 watts?
Hey Rowan.....Thanks for the update. I forget, but I think you're running the JBL's...correct? If so, each should take about 80 watts. If you have a 3 JBL BOSS platform, it will take a total of 240 watts (80 watts x 3). Other members have reported pushing as much as 120-130 watts into each JBL and also using DSP to increase the single digit response of the JBL's. These little guys will take quite a beating so don't be afraid to push them too hard. Just don't try single frequency test tones. One member fried his JBL's in a sealed box arrangement recently using a single frequency test tone and running it for a couple minutes fine tuning.

It's better to use your favorite demo scene like you have been doing to find the limits. Once you've found the limit on that demo scene, play a couple more favorite demo scenes to make sure everything behaves OK.

When you say you're debating connecting them.....I'm not sure what you're connecting. If you're talking about integrating the Crowson's with the BOSS platform, I think most have found the Crowsons on top of the platform work better than below the platform, but I think @SBuger is currently experimenting with both on-top and below the platform and also with different isolator placements with the Crowsons, so the jury may still be out.

Regarding adding more isolators to reduce platform bending...yes, definitely add more isolators wherever you see the platform bending. Any bending of the platform will take energy away from your butt which isn't a good thing.

Hope this helps.

Edit --- I think I remember you had a splayed front row with 3 separate platforms if I remember correctly.....if so, you may mean connecting each of your 3 smaller platforms to make one big one. That will improve your BOSS experience but the connections have to be very rigid so the pieced-together platform will move all as one piece. I think when Chris Young did his pieced-together platform, he used metal plates on both the top and bottom of the platform to strengthen the joint. If the joint is strong and the platform moves all as one piece, then the isolator placement guidelines in post 29 can be used (one under each chair leg, plus anywhere there is more than a 2' gap).

Last edited by trhought; 05-12-2019 at 09:03 AM.
post #2229 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1378 Post(s)
Liked: 3396
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

I need two more!

I went ahead and grabbed 2 more JBLs for $87 shipped on Newegg the other day. Not too bad, but wish I had grabbed more on the initial $29 BB order! Little did I know how addictive the BOSS would be, but like all things bass...welcome to the rabbit hole.

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
Subs: PSA V1801 x2, DIY: 18" RSS460HO, 15" RSS390HO x2, BOSS w/JBL CX1200 x6
MA’s: Crowson Tech x2
Processing: Denon X4200, NU6KDSP, 3KDSP
Video: Epson 3700; Screen: Silver Ticket 106" High Contrast
post #2230 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 2680 Post(s)
Liked: 3217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekosche View Post
Think I’ll try a little negative PEQ around 30Hz with my 6 driver build and see how I like it. The demo scenes I’ve ran have also been just brutal in the 25-35Hz range with less pronounced or sharp feeling TR below that, even at the same energy level if that makes sense. Might add a bit more of a house curve below 20Hz and taper off the upper end that doesn’t need any more help.

Loving all the BOSS builds popping up! Eeyore’s TR with just a handful of 12” drivers sealed and in the BOSS is pretty crazy though. Way higher than what I had from just the pair of MA’s and ported subs on their own. I’ll have to run some EOT sweeps and VS them to see where I’m at now before I add three more drivers.

Where do you have your BOSS crossed over at? And what kind of slope? With mine set at 20hz with a 12db slope the focus seems to be below 20hz and then I haven a LS as well

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #2231 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 10:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1330 Post(s)
Liked: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post

I need two more!
If you arent in a rush give me a week. I may end up not needing a couple for anything.

8hz ULF TR for the masses and the Cashless. Like a BOSS

If you can't stand behind our troops stand in front of them
post #2232 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1378 Post(s)
Liked: 3396
Quote:
Originally Posted by imureh View Post
Where do you have your BOSS crossed over at? And what kind of slope? With mine set at 20hz with a 12db slope the focus seems to be below 20hz and then I haven a LS as well.

I have the BOSS set pretty high right now, 35Hz LPF @12dB slope, but it’d be easier to just lower the LPF some than run negative PEQ. Just getting a feel for different content, movies and music to see what I like. I haven’t really had much time to play with it since building, with a handful of good bass movies at reference and some music sprinkled in.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the intense 30Hz TR but it definitely can overwhelm depending on the content. Might jump to a 25Hz LPF or lower for my 6 driver build next week to see what kind of deep ULF it can add to the MA’s. I also run a little low shelf DEQ in the iNuke software for below 30Hz on both MA’s, the BOSS, and VNF subs, so that adds a bit of extra TR in that region too.

If the drivers show up this week, hoping to get the next build started on Friday.

Speakers: PSA MTM-210T x2, MTM-210C, MT-110SR x2; Atmos-SVS Satellite x2, DIY Volt-10 x2
Subs: PSA V1801 x2, DIY: 18" RSS460HO, 15" RSS390HO x2, BOSS w/JBL CX1200 x6
MA’s: Crowson Tech x2
Processing: Denon X4200, NU6KDSP, 3KDSP
Video: Epson 3700; Screen: Silver Ticket 106" High Contrast
post #2233 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 11:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

There's something about my full riser and spl. This is my riser only at -13mv. Has no effect on my sub response
SBuger, Nalleh and eeyoreDK like this.

post #2234 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Quoted: 2403 Post(s)
Liked: 3132
^^ Could you post some pics of that setup?

(Jealous much......)

Dual Atmos Receivers - Atmos 13.1.8/DTS X 9.1.8/Auro 3D 13.1 - Denon AVCX8500H+AVRX7200WA - Klipsch+KEF - 6xSI18" - 8xJBL 12" BOSS - 4xJBL 12" w/SLAPS M12" VNF - 3x2 stacked Crowson MA - 4xBK-LFE - 6xNU6K(fan&trig mod) - Minidsp 10x10HD - Oppo UDP203 - XBox OneX - Apple TV4K - JVC RS600 Dreamscreen V2 120"- Philips 65OLED873.
Nalleh’s HT
post #2235 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by trhought View Post

After reading a lot on the ULF thread and the VibSensor thread, I soon learned that tactile impact was severely limited in our theater because we were in a basement on a concrete slab.
Maybe this explains why, while my dual SVS sound great....there is little "visceral" impact in my basement setup. I've always thought, "this room eats the bass".

Shane
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” ― George Orwell
- The Unemployment Basement Project -
post #2236 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 2680 Post(s)
Liked: 3217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekosche View Post
I have the BOSS set pretty high right now, 35Hz LPF @12dB slope, but it’d be easier to just lower the LPF some than run negative PEQ. Just getting a feel for different content, movies and music to see what I like. I haven’t really had much time to play with it since building, with a handful of good bass movies at reference and some music sprinkled in.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the intense 30Hz TR but it definitely can overwhelm depending on the content. Might jump to a 25Hz LPF or lower for my 6 driver build next week to see what kind of deep ULF it can add to the MA’s. I also run a little low shelf DEQ in the iNuke software for below 30Hz on both MA’s, the BOSS, and VNF subs, so that adds a bit of extra TR in that region too.

If the drivers show up this week, hoping to get the next build started on Friday.

I have found myself changing the slope of crossover based on the movie.

Subwoofers: Dual Rythmik FV18s Rev2 with Paper cone, BOSS Platform mini riser
Speakers: PSA MTM-210 L/C/R - Klipsch 250S Surrounds, PSA MT 110sr Rear Surrounds, 4 x SVS Prime Elevation for Atmos
Video: Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 6500 UB; Room: 2100 cuft sealed on suspended floor
Receiver & Players: Denon X4400H, Oppo UDP-203, Roku Ultra. Apple TV, Minidsp 2X4 HD
post #2237 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

The Hideaway Theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by trhought View Post
Hey Rowan.....Thanks for the update. I forget, but I think you're running the JBL's...correct? If so, each should take about 80 watts. If you have a 3 JBL BOSS platform, it will take a total of 240 watts (80 watts x 3). Other members have reported pushing as much as 120-130 watts into each JBL and also using DSP to increase the single digit response of the JBL's. These little guys will take quite a beating so don't be afraid to push them too hard. Just don't try single frequency test tones. One member fried his JBL's in a sealed box arrangement recently using a single frequency test tone and running it for a couple minutes fine tuning.

It's better to use your favorite demo scene like you have been doing to find the limits. Once you've found the limit on that demo scene, play a couple more favorite demo scenes to make sure everything behaves OK.

When you say you're debating connecting them.....I'm not sure what you're connecting. If you're talking about integrating the Crowson's with the BOSS platform, I think most have found the Crowsons on top of the platform work better than below the platform, but I think @SBuger is currently experimenting with both on-top and below the platform and also with different isolator placements with the Crowsons, so the jury may still be out.

Regarding adding more isolators to reduce platform bending...yes, definitely add more isolators wherever you see the platform bending. Any bending of the platform will take energy away from your butt which isn't a good thing.

Hope this helps.

Edit --- I think I remember you had a splayed front row with 3 separate platforms if I remember correctly.....if so, you may mean connecting each of your 3 smaller platforms to make one big one. That will improve your BOSS experience but the connections have to be very rigid so the pieced-together platform will move all as one piece. I think when Chris Young did his pieced-together platform, he used metal plates on both the top and bottom of the platform to strengthen the joint. If the joint is strong and the platform moves all as one piece, then the isolator placement guidelines in post 29 can be used (one under each chair leg, plus anywhere there is more than a 2' gap).

Yeah, I always use scenes for reference points, not frequency sweeps. My Crowsons are on top. Where I think they’ll function better. But I guess I could be mistaken there.

Yes, I’m talking about making my three individual platforms into one BOSS platform. Makes sense that it would have to be rigid. I already have the ISO’s running under the chairs, starting at the rear (supporting the driver). But, I do think I need more for the MLP.

Do you think adding rigidity on top is ok? I might cut two “pie” pieces to connect the three separate platforms. I’d use screws so it could be easily dismantled.
@trhought do you think that’ll work? Any other idea and suggestions would be welcomed.

HT: Oppo UHD-203 | Crown Amps | NX3000D | NX6000D | 1299s | Volt 8s | THTs | Crowson Shadow 8s | BOSS riser | Panamax 5300PM | LG OLED 65B6P
post #2238 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalleh View Post
^^ Could you post some pics of that setup?

(Jealous much......)
I making some pseudo speaker grills to wrap around out of Luan and the velvet. Looking rather hoopty atm. Left to right there's a 18"then 12" then 18" then 12". I had 12's to start, then 2 holes so I put the 12's back in. I don't know how much they are contributing but they can't be hampering it.

post #2239 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^ Now THAT is BOSS !! Love it

What is the total height of your plattform here? ~12 inches?

Did i mention i love it
SBuger and Gorilla Killa like this.

Dual Atmos Receivers - Atmos 13.1.8/DTS X 9.1.8/Auro 3D 13.1 - Denon AVCX8500H+AVRX7200WA - Klipsch+KEF - 6xSI18" - 8xJBL 12" BOSS - 4xJBL 12" w/SLAPS M12" VNF - 3x2 stacked Crowson MA - 4xBK-LFE - 6xNU6K(fan&trig mod) - Minidsp 10x10HD - Oppo UDP203 - XBox OneX - Apple TV4K - JVC RS600 Dreamscreen V2 120"- Philips 65OLED873.
Nalleh’s HT
post #2240 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan611 View Post
Yeah, I always use scenes for reference points, not frequency sweeps. My Crowsons are on top. Where I think they’ll function better. But I guess I could be mistaken there.

Yes, I’m talking about making my three individual platforms into one BOSS platform. Makes sense that it would have to be rigid. I already have the ISO’s running under the chairs, starting at the rear (supporting the driver). But, I do think I need more for the MLP.

Do you think adding rigidity on top is ok? I might cut two “pie” pieces to connect the three separate platforms. I’d use screws so it could be easily dismantled.
@trhought do you think that’ll work? Any other idea and suggestions would be welcomed.

I have 2 platforms, a single and 3 seater connected by the top, 2 layers of plywood connected as such. No problem
trhought and Rowan611 like this.

post #2241 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalleh View Post
^^ Now THAT is BOSS !! Love it

What is the total height of your plattform here? ~12 inches?

Did i mention i love it

Im not worthy Its just over 11" off the carpet. The 18's have about 2mm of clearance from the recliner cross member, so its as low as I could get it. Wife called me a freak last night for doing it, I said yeah so whats your point. Not many would put up with me. Case in point she found my jbl boxes and asked when I got them, I said oh Ive had them for years, She replied liar,the packing slip says april 2109, your'e pretty lame at covering your tracks Love that woman
SBuger and Nalleh like this.

post #2242 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 11:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Killa View Post
I have 2 platforms, a single and 3 seater connected by the top, 2 layers of plywood connected as such. No problem

Great!! Thanks for confirming. Then I’ll move forward with measuring and creating some saw dust!

trhought likes this.

post #2243 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Im not worthy Its just over 11" off the carpet. The 18's have about 2mm of clearance from the recliner cross member, so its as low as I could get it. Wife called me a freak last night for doing it, I said yeah so whats your point. Not many would put up with me. Case in point she found my jbl boxes and asked when I got them, I said oh Ive had them for years, She replied liar,the packing slip says april 2109, your'e pretty lame at covering your tracks Love that woman
^^^^ Sounds familiar.....they know more than we think about our crazy hobby! At least it's good, clean fun that the whole family can enjoy.....that's my story and I'm sticking to it
post #2244 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Nice job On all of the above, LOL.
Gorilla Killa likes this.

Nalleh’s HT
post #2245 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 02:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

This is a overlay of a close mic 12" from the Boss and from the mlp both at -13mv. Red is close mic blue is mlp

post #2246 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceDH View Post
What are you guys doing to make sure you set the amp volume correctly on the BOSS? Since there is no spl to measure, I'm not sure how to "match" it properly to my subs. I guess just go by feel?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I think the only option is to just go by feel. I have found that I prefer to lower the gain a bit and use a crossover with a 12db / octave slope combined with a LS filter at 8-10 hz to bring the low end back up. While some BOSS effects are nice in the 20-40 hz range, a little bit goes a long way and it can quickly become distracting. It seems to take a bit more umph below 15hz to get the desired effect.

Electronics: Denon X4400, Vizio M65
Sub: PSA TV36-iPal
Speakers: 3 x Chane A2.4 LCR, Klipsch Quintet Surrounds
post #2247 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 04:16 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 1484
Quote:
Dude, you better never cheat on her. You're screwed if you do. You'll never get away with it and then you'll lose a woman like her.

Did you get around to testing the different brands of isolators yet and have you heard anything back from the company on a possible better solution yet? Not sure if I missed any follow up on that. I'm thinking of getting some more Hudsons but if there's the possibility of something better...

BEQ Slack group
The struggle is real for Generation Xplain Digital to the Analog and Analog to the Digital.
Klipsch RF-7III, RC-64III
SI HS-24mkIII BOSS-Sac
Sony 85X900F, Denon 8500, nVidia Shield, Apple TV
post #2248 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 04:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

BTW @Gorilla Killa : with that much Xmax available, how much clearence do you have below the plattform to the floor? Just the iso’s or have you spaced more clearence?

Nalleh’s HT
post #2249 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 05:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@DesertDog I didn't get married until 35. Sowed my oats already so no worries there. I talk to them Friday,when I sent the package the note was to contact JT and the dudes name is RJ so I think the warehouse just sat on it. It was too late Friday so I should hear back tomorrow. I sent a Hudson so he can do a direct comparison.

@Nalleh the drivers are recessed up underneath another 2" then Iso and plywood. I can take some pics if you like. I put a few pics of the single riser around page 7 or 8
DesertDog and Nalleh like this.
post #2250 of 2935 Old 05-12-2019, 05:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

^ More pics, please Never enough pics

Nalleh’s HT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page