My house has a downstairs study in the front, but in the kitchen there are two built in desk spaces, so a study is really not needed. So I'm converting it to a small home theater! 5.1.4 with 4k Projector and 120" screen in a room that's 12' deep. It will be cozy, but awesome.
1. 120" screen with 4k Projection
2. 5.1.4 speaker setup
3. RGB LED cove lighting all the way around
1. Kids bedroom right above the theater room, so I'm going to attempt some soundproofing
2. Room is partially exterior with windows. Planning to cover main windows with a huge curtain, and smaller windows with acoustic panels.
3. Room is small and oddly shaped.
Here is the plan:
My project starts a little differently. I actually had not planned on doing this right now, but my kids forced my hand by flooding an upstairs bathroom and causing the floors to get all torn up. So, oddly enough, the first thing to be done was the carpet.
Loving this carpet and it's going to go great with the navy/grey color scheme that I want to implement.
Here's a mock-up of the screen with tape.
Since I'm soundproofing, I had to tear out the ceiling. Seen here as well as the other windows that I have to deal with
I built these backer boxes for the Atmos speakers with 1 cu/ft volume, 3/4 MDF and 5/8 sheetrock, boy are they heavy!
And had to move the existing air vents down to account for the soundproofing channel and double drywall.
As of today, here's where I'm at. Ceiling is ready for drywall, electrical done for speakers, projector, and LED strips.