Reelwood 2019 Demo Clips Collection 4K Atmos dtsX and more - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 19Likes

post #61 of 95 Old 03-24-2019, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post
Hans Zimmer: Live in Prague
Netflix, Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Hans-Zimmer-L.../dp/B0757G5PXW
Michael

Cheers mate.
I was aware it's on Netflix but it didn't have the Atmos mix. I was lucky enough to see the show live here in Australia where they played the Wonder Woman theme right after the Man of Steel track and disappointed they didn't do this in this broadcast. Anyhoooooo still a great show to watch and I will grab the BR version for the Atmos track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 95 Old 03-24-2019, 07:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos74 View Post
Cheers mate.
I was aware it's on Netflix but it didn't have the Atmos mix. I was lucky enough to see the show live here in Australia where they played the Wonder Woman theme right after the Man of Steel track and disappointed they didn't do this in this broadcast. Anyhoooooo still a great show to watch and I will grab the BR version for the Atmos track.
2 weeks ago I ordered the blu-ray of this concert and is SOOOO worth it! Can stream it on Netflix, but the lossless Atmos audio is absolutely fantastic
post #63 of 95 Old 03-26-2019, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I was able to download this entirely in one evening via the magnet link. Truly amazing. Unfortunately, I've not been able to get anything to play with Atmos though. The Win 10 player I've used previously to play Atmos files successfully doesn't work on this stuff- I get video but either no audio or it's just stereo or simple surround. Also tried an Xbox One X, but no luck with that either. So what's best to play these files and enjoy them in all their glory? Kodi plays the videos but no Atmos with that either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 95 Old 03-26-2019, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutiger View Post
I was able to download this entirely in one evening via the magnet link. Truly amazing. Unfortunately, I've not been able to get anything to play with Atmos though. The Win 10 player I've used previously to play Atmos files successfully doesn't work on this stuff- I get video but either no audio or it's just stereo or simple surround. Also tried an Xbox One X, but no luck with that either. So what's best to play these files and enjoy them in all their glory? Kodi plays the videos but no Atmos with that either.
Keep in mind these files are provided in a variety of file types/containers... from MP4, to MKV to M2TS.... so check your specs of your player to see what file types are supported. I use a stand alone Zidoo media player so I have no issues playing any of these files... and in addition Kodi does indeed play Atmos files as I have used the Kodi based player on many of these files with Atmos soundtracks.. so I can only assume you have a audio menu setting to change?
post #65 of 95 Old 03-26-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
Keep in mind these files are provided in a variety of file types/containers... from MP4, to MKV to M2TS.... so check your specs of your player to see what file types are supported. I use a stand alone Zidoo media player so I have no issues playing any of these files... and in addition Kodi does indeed play Atmos files as I have used the Kodi based player on many of these files with Atmos soundtracks.. so I can only assume you have a audio menu setting to change?
Yea, I'll keep playing with it. Microsoft never makes this stuff easy. I hadn't heard of Zidoo - does that do all the streaming apps (Netflix, Amazon, etc?) - is that a better option than the Shield?
post #66 of 95 Old 03-26-2019, 01:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Yea, I'll keep playing with it. Microsoft never makes this stuff easy. I hadn't heard of Zidoo - does that do all the streaming apps (Netflix, Amazon, etc?) - is that a better option than the Shield?
The Shield is pretty much considered the tops as far as all around streaming performance...but I don't own one... so I couldn't tell you how well those other streaming services work on it. I only need and use my Zidoo for local NAS files...
post #67 of 95 Old 03-28-2019, 12:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Thanks for this, grabbing the whole thing now and will seed.
richardsim7 likes this.
post #68 of 95 Old 04-06-2019, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 641 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Thanks for all the demos. I have seeded about 450GB so far. Not that fast but at least its going out.
post #69 of 95 Old 04-08-2019, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Shield works fine with all those apps,. got one myself and love it.

Seeding is cruising, sadly a lot of hit and runs! Too bad the forums can not make it so people have to reply to this thread to see the link.

richardsim7 likes this.
post #70 of 95 Old 04-10-2019, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Here's what I found works best to play DTX/ATMOS files and 4K rips/streams:

1. Get a Shield
2. Install SPMC (like Kodi). You can access the Shield memory directly using SPMC or add a NAS/PC share and play from there.
3. Configure SPMC for passthru: https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/...d-AV-Receivers

I experimented with a lot of stuff, including ATMOS from my PC but results were inconsistent. The aforementioned setup plays everything I can throw at it, including ATMOS 29GB streams via Cyberflix (using SPMC as the player) etc.

Last edited by dennwood; 04-10-2019 at 06:42 PM.
post #71 of 95 Old 04-10-2019, 09:12 PM

Note, if your using a NAS or network storage, share it out as NFS, SMB performance is pure crap with the shield same with using any NTFS drives externally with the shield, your better off connecting an external USB 3 drive to your shield, let the shield format it and copy items over the network (assuming your wired in)
post #72 of 95 Old 04-11-2019, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Thanks for this
post #73 of 95 Old 04-11-2019, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Awesome! Contributing to the seeds as well. Thanks a mil!
post #74 of 95 Old 04-18-2019, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Downloading it now, I will definitely seed for a while. Thanks for putting this together. After reading the post about the Hans Zimmer concert I bought the blu-ray and wow that sounds good.

Denon AVR-X4500
Pair of Volt 6's for surrounds
1099, Volt 6, Volt 6 Atmos builds
MBM 12s Build
Pair of Mini-Marty's with Dayton UM18-22
post #75 of 95 Old 04-18-2019, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 20
rarbg
post #76 of 95 Old 04-19-2019, 06:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Guvernment View Post
Note, if your using a NAS or network storage, share it out as NFS, SMB performance is pure crap with the shield same with using any NTFS drives externally with the shield, your better off connecting an external USB 3 drive to your shield, let the shield format it and copy items over the network (assuming your wired in)
^This

Same holds true with Kodi. Before I got my NAS, I had started ripping some movies on to a drive on my PC and had Kodi pulling them via SMB. It worked, but was touchy, and higher bandwidth rips got troublesome. Once I got the NAS up with NFS I can stream 4k cleanly (even better once I run a cat 5 to the theater and stop using moca, but that's a project for another day).

Remember, no matter where you go... You're not where you were anymore.

HJ Movie House Build Thread
post #77 of 95 Old 04-19-2019, 10:50 AM

Ya, i had issue after issue after issue, wifi sucked with my sheild going off my NAS with 1080 content sometimes and it annoyed me, 4k was not even playable! Everything said the hardware should do it, but not until i hardwired (even then 4k would not play) as well a direct attached USB 3 NVMe drive - 4k stuttered (NTFS format)

Once i went hardwired and NFS off my QNAP NAS - everything plays i can throw at it!
post #78 of 95 Old 04-20-2019, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Guvernment View Post
Ya, i had issue after issue after issue, wifi sucked with my sheild going off my NAS with 1080 content sometimes and it annoyed me, 4k was not even playable! Everything said the hardware should do it, but not until i hardwired (even then 4k would not play) as well a direct attached USB 3 NVMe drive - 4k stuttered (NTFS format)

Once i went hardwired and NFS off my QNAP NAS - everything plays i can throw at it!
Definitely hard wire the shield! I also use a QNAP NAS and SMB is fine with the 30GB 4k files...just make sure you enable SMB3: https://www.qnap.com/en-in/how-to/tu...-0-in-qts-4-2/
post #79 of 95 Old 04-22-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennwood View Post
Definitely hard wire the shield! I also use a QNAP NAS and SMB is fine with the 30GB 4k files...just make sure you enable SMB3: https://www.qnap.com/en-in/how-to/tu...-0-in-qts-4-2/

Good to know about SMB3, didnt think I had tried that!
post #80 of 95 Old 05-01-2019, 12:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

FYI, Xbox One can’t play Atmos through kodi. Only through the native Blu-ray App and Netflix.
post #81 of 95 Old 05-01-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpltongue View Post
FYI, Xbox One can’t play Atmos through kodi. Only through the native Blu-ray App and Netflix.
I actually got it to work with a Shield.
post #82 of 95 Old 05-05-2019, 08:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Joining in on the torrent. Great stuff. Thank you a lot.

Got 40 Mb up and 100 Mb down.
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #83 of 95 Old 05-25-2019, 02:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you very much PJVader,
just finished to got it and now in feeding, a gorgeous compilation really a great stuff!!!
Thank you again for all your contribution!

Angelo

Marquee 8500 AC
Marquee 9501 Ultra
post #84 of 95 Old 05-25-2019, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Thumbs up

@pjvader wanted to say thank you for these demo files. Love it even more because of the individual files(mts,mkv) no need to change the discs.

what-i-d-do-differently-next-timehttps://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...l#post55641388
Epson Projector Power Supply Failure.https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-dig...lure-rate.html
post #85 of 95 Old 05-28-2019, 06:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Question

If anyone knows of a way i can upload the files to somewhere and let everyone have access but also let me add new files (got a ton of new clips waiting, captain marvel atmos, black hawk down atmos etc) but i cant add them to a torrent without creating a new torrent from scratch there are cloud services i could use but i cant find any free ones that allow the 300gb etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by avtvhdbass View Post
@pjvader wanted to say thank you for these demo files. Love it even more because of the individual files(mts,mkv) no need to change the discs.
yup, not getting up to change the disc every 2 minutes and then find the scene etc is a plus!

Please Visit My 11.2 3D Home Cinema Shed http://www.readersheds.co.uk/share.cfm?SHARESHED=2744 as featured in home cinema choice magazine! Check out my blu-ray THX WOW! demo disc here
post #86 of 95 Old 05-29-2019, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Thanks for this! I was looking for ways to get good demos for when I move in and finally get to use the new theater room! Been downloading since last night and will leave on for seeding for a few days. Roughly 4 seeders active currently and only getting a 5MBPS speed but I'll take it, should be done tonight or tomorrow morning.
post #87 of 95 Old 05-29-2019, 04:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Joined the torrent now and the download started. I will seed upon finish as well. Thank you all for seeding.

post #88 of 95 Old 05-30-2019, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennwood View Post
Here's what I found works best to play DTX/ATMOS files and 4K rips/streams:

1. Get a Shield
2. Install SPMC (like Kodi). You can access the Shield memory directly using SPMC or add a NAS/PC share and play from there.
3. Configure SPMC for passthru: https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/...d-AV-Receivers

I experimented with a lot of stuff, including ATMOS from my PC but results were inconsistent. The aforementioned setup plays everything I can throw at it, including ATMOS 29GB streams via Cyberflix (using SPMC as the player) etc.
You probably won't see this, but this morning I followed your steps. But I can't get SPMC to read the external drives files. I Select external storage and then movies, and nothing loads. Not sure if I need to select a different location, and I didn't get much time working with it.
post #89 of 95 Old 05-31-2019, 04:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have a shield and found to get Atmos to play you have to go into hidden menus to activate it. In Kodi you need to go into settings and change to advanced or expert mode. Under sound options you select pass through and enable all the different sound formats, ie Atmos etc. I also use VCL too.

I think all players work fine but some need a few minutes going through the settings.
post #90 of 95 Old 05-31-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russdornisch View Post
You probably won't see this, but this morning I followed your steps. But I can't get SPMC to read the external drives files. I Select external storage and then movies, and nothing loads. Not sure if I need to select a different location, and I didn't get much time working with it.
Never mind on this... I didn't even realize that at the time my Shield hadn't recognized the HD. As soon as it did the clips showed up! Plugged it into my receiver and Oled to do some sound and video testing to see if I got Dolby out of it and sure enough the whole thing worked like a dream. Now one month till we move and I can use these clips to test out the new theater!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page