Adding a drop ceiling to Ht. Which ceiling panels to buy? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-18-2019, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Adding a drop ceiling to Ht. Which ceiling panels to buy?

Hi.

I am finally upgrading to Dolby Atmos and adding a suspended drop ceiling to my room downstairs.
I would like to go with a 2x2 black grid with black tiles to help with light control.

Which tiles do you guys recommend?
I was going to go with the Armstrong 1728BL tiles from Lowes but they have some mixed reviews about the QC and the smell. I really don't want to have to repaint them black or replace some due to broken corners?

Anyone have these or other you can recommend? --> https://www.lowes.com/pd/Armstrong-C...Tiles/50246699

Thanks guys!

Last edited by neokeelo; 03-18-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-19-2019, 07:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by neokeelo View Post
Hi.

I am finally upgrading to Dolby Atmos and adding a suspended drop ceiling to my room downstairs.
I would like to go with a 2x2 black grid with black tiles to help with light control.

Which tiles do you guys recommend?
I was going to go with the Armstrong 1728BL tiles from Lowes but they have some mixed reviews about the QC and the smell. I really don't want to have to repaint them black or replace some due to broken corners?

Anyone have these or other you can recommend? --> https://www.lowes.com/pd/Armstrong-C...Tiles/50246699

Thanks guys!
I use a drywall tile wrapped in Vinyl, which i painted black. I purchased them from a local store. One thing I like about it, is it adds more mass and the only noise I get that goes into the room above is deep bass. I do have insulation above the ceiling. The downside to that is they are reflective in nature and taking them down and putting in are a little harder as there is no give to them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
acoustic tiles , armstrong black tiles , drop ceiling

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page