Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-19-2019, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
New House, New Media Room

Hi All!

I have been absent from this forum for quite some time, and am now am in new circumstances with a new question for the forum: I have plans for a new media room in a new house.

About 17' x 14' with 8' ceilings, with a photo attached; the cutout is about 2'x5' with the door in the 5' wall. I am still very preliminary on this since I am occupying a new house and have yet to move in. I am actually out of the country right now, so I am doing this remotely. Anyway, the attached photo is the best option for a media room: attic and basement 7 feet ceilings or under. Other rooms are either for other purposes or are smaller. This is probably the best option.

I am planning on providing blackout shutters for the windows and probably soundproofing the walls where I can, though I am flexible on what I need to do where. Soundproofing, sound absorbtion, etc. If there is a consensus on where I should be deadening reflective sound, I could add some sound-breaks to the walls. I'm not sure what is recommended.

Purpose: I will be watching movies, watching baseball, playing video games, playing music, and watching tv, in that order, generally. It will generally be me, and perhaps my wife. If ther is room, we might have a couple of friends as well, though that is not usually how we watch baseball or movies right now, but I recognize that things change.

Current system: I have a Denon X4300H DVR, and Boston Acoustics speakers: A25x4, A26x2, Center Channel, Subwoofer. So I can go 7.1.2 or 5.1.4 and will get ceiling speaker to do that, unless the community recommends upfiring speakers instead for acoustic reasons.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Craftsman bedroom_media room.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	313.3 KB
ID:	2541400  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
ceiling speakers , flooring and wall material , new build , surround

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version