It's been a few weeks since I last posted the progress on my theater project. Here's what's been accomplished since my last post:
- Cut out a port hole in the wall and mounted the projector in the storage area. I built an adjustable shelf for fine tuning height/level of the projector (more detail on that project to come in a later post).
- Routed HDMI cable to projector.
- Wall mounted surround speakers (only 2...this will be a 5.2.4 system for now). They are mounted 44" up from the floor (they look high, but the ceiling there at the soffit is only 7'1").
- Assembled new audio rack, hooked up all electronics, and wired all speakers.
- Installed some of the acoustic treatments. (Bass traps floor to ceiling in all corners and first reflection points on ceiling and side walls.) (I am still waiting for delivery of the rear wall diffuser/absorber panels.)
I did run into an electrical issue when testing my equipment. Whenever I had the volume cranked up to reference levels and some deep bass kicked in, my system would cut out briefly. The circuit breaker didn't trip, which was weird. However, if I plugged the subwoofers into an outlet that was on a different circuit, I didn't have the problem anymore. So, I have a security panel that has it's own dedicated circuit that now has an extension cord run to power the subwoofers. Not ideal, but the workaround works.
Hopefully, by the end of this week I will take delivery of the seating. That's when things should really start to come together. Once the seating is in, I will know for sure if the projector location is good. Once I've finalized the projector location....I can finally order the screen.
Here is where we stand now:
I also tested image size by throwing an image on the painted wall. This is about 150" wide.