Originally Posted by Divyam Saraf
Thank you for all the inputs. I was thinking of finalizing the products as below for a 7.2.4 setup:
I just wanted to do a sanity check before placing the order. Do let me know if all the components are good.
1) Projector - JVC DLA-NX7
2) Screen - Elite 4K Perforated Screen - SE150WH11-A4k fixed frame 150inch diagonal 16:9
3) Receiver - Anthem MRX 1120
4) Subwoofers - SVS PB 3000 (2 subwoofers)
5) Speakers L/C/R - Procella P6
6) Speakers Surrounds (Four) - Procella P5
7) Speakers Ceiling (for Atmos)(Four) - Paradigm CI HOME H65A Angled In Ceiling Height Speakers
I have the following doubts:
1) The dealer is recommending a Sim2 Domino 4 projector, which he is ready to give for the same price as the JVC. Is that a good option? I have never heard of this brand.
2) For the receiver, if I go for a Marantz 7013 and an Emotiva 2 channel power amp combo, instead of the MRX 1120, I can save around $1,000. But the MRX has Anthem Room Correction which is way better than the Auddessy? Is it worth it?
3) Other option is go for NAD T 777 v3 + 4 channel power amp which will cost me a bit more than the MRX 1120. Now the NAD has Dirac Live which is even better than Anthem Room Correction, I have heard. Is it worth it?
4) For Woofers, will a comparable XTZ be better than the SVS?
5) For speakers LCR, one option is the Klipsch 8000L THX series. I demoed them and found them to be a bit harsher than the Procella's. Should I reconsider or go for the Procella's, since it is also not a very well known brand to me.
6) Finally for the screen, the dealer is recommending Screen Research 149" Diagonal 16:9 Format Screen (ClearPix 4K AT Fabric) (10mm Bezel),but it is at a whopping cost of $4,000! Is that worth it?
Thank you everyone for the help!
I have been researching lately myself but have no experience with projectors. From everything I have read the JVC projectors are incredible producing the best blacks. Now according to this calculator https://www.projectorscreen.com/proj...en-calculators
that model won't be able to project onto a screen that size. I suggest double checking with owners or JVC directly.
Price on the screen seems ok. During my research I was looking into Screen Innovations and their 5 series fixed frame. Their screens have higher gain options for a brighter image. May be worth looking into them and getting a quote. Again, no personal experience.
Are you getting a screaming deal on that Anthem receiver? Retail on that is $3500. I say get the Denon AVR-X6500H for $2200 and use that savings and get two SVS PB4000 instead of the PB3000 and still save $400. Audyssey is a fine room correction and I think what advantages ARC may have would not be as significant has having more capable bass.
I like what I have read about the PB3000. My cousin has a PC2000 and I know someone that has dual PB16s that I have listened to, So I know SVS makes an excellent product. I have read great performance on the XTZ but their customer service and warranty repair response to be average at best. SVS has a strong reputation of excellence on both fronts.
As for speakers and the Procella brand name? Well I found this https://www.trinnov.com/2018/12/12/t...-for-ise-2019/
I know who Tinnov is so I wouldn't fret over that choice especially since you liked the sound better than the Klipsch. I think the Paradigm will be perfect as Atmos. Have you heard them? You like the way they sound as well?
The prices and comparisons I mentioned are for US. I may have overlooked, but I didn't see if you mentioned you are elsewhere in the world?
Anyway, that is my perspective.