So today the first task was to batch out the speaker enclosure materials
Next up I added a larger bearing to my router bit to give me a 3/8"offset for the speaker recess. Then I knocked out the first two for the rear columns
Test fit, that'll work.
Then I took the rear columns into the theater to determine where to place the mounting points as well as determine placement
So this is what I am thinking, anybody see an issue with the height? I have good angles per the Dolby doc but still debating if I want to lower them a couple inches so they clear the chair but a head could get in the way.
Then I started gluing these two up
Fixed a crack with some CA glue and accelerator
Other than final mounting of the speaker enclosures these two are ready for the finishing process. One thing to note, I left a 1 1/2" channel on the side of the speaker enclosures for power access if needed
This will be a busy week on the theater. Hope to knock out the other four columns Mon-Wed, We are heading to HT Market in Chicago Thursday for a Friday appt to chose the front row seating, then head back home Friday afternoon so I can get the door and black soffit strip lights installed so that the room is ready for Jeff
to paint the ceiling on the 1st