We started to frame up the inner wall however we have done this a little different.
To maximize space we turned the studs and noggings flat, we could not do this around the doors clearly. This allowed us to get the space needed, removed the problem with uneven walls and provided some separation for sound. Stud Wall Sound Isolation Mounts used, I will need more for the top half of the wall.
The builder did not know or misheard we are planning to cut off the roof joists to disconnect them from the outer wall. With the top plate not strong enough to hold the joist, we are now moving to clips and hat channels for the roof.
In any event, the silver lining is we will get some extra hight.
You can also see we have started sealing up the gaps between floors with double layer gyprock and glue. Man, this is taking a lot of time to do by the time you frame it up, cut the gyprock to fit and then quite glue.
Glue, well I picked up some non-Green glue (name not provided) as it was cheaper and had the same specs as Green glue, it worked very well
however, it runs if you use too much, a lot. And it's very hard to clean up regardless of what chemical you use
. I have enough to treat the outer wall however will be switching to green glue.
A couple of learnings here, I guess I will have a few more by the time the job is done. That's to be expected for an office worker.
Double solid core doors 40mm (1.6 inch) hang.
Outer ceiling gyprock has also started, this section is the roof and not upstairs of the house, noggin blocks and sealant to seal up the gaps at the bottom, it's more to stop noise coming in, not from going out. Will need to frame up the ceiling joints when completed.
Its a lot of work, I know it does not look like it, but it is. I think while I am in the room myself working away, I could be hearing voices "If you build it, they will come" (Fields of Dreams)