Pre-build Reyes Dedicated Home theater - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Luis Leonardo
  • 1 Post By BIGmouthinDC

post #1 of 12 Old 06-08-2019, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Pre-build Reyes Dedicated Home theater

INTRO
A few years ago, I left my country, three years later and some hard work. I intend to build a house in my native country. I spent a few months designing this project, with your help, reading and inspiring me on your rooms.
Some users who inspired me in his builds
@Oklahomie
@youthman
@SOWK

i could be missing some other users, but i love reading all your post and inspiring me.

Size and Desing
Go to be a new build , so i can choose the right size for my room, i like a lot the distribution and layout of @Oklahomie , i could do something similar. i go to do something modern with colors like black and red.

Five seat in two rows

Front row - 3 Continental LHR By octane
Back row - 4 Continental LHR with middle love chair

HVAC: Talking with the architec to incorporated the best solution on my house, Next updates could be soon
Sound Isolation: Ceiling Thermal-acoustic insulation and the walls with Fiberglass wool
Speakers:
  • LCR- 3 La scala ii
  • Surround- 4 PRO-180RPW IN-WALL SPEAKER Klipsch
  • Atmos- 4 PRO-180RPC IN-CEILING SPEAKER Klipsch
  • Subwoofer- 2 S7201 by power sound audio
Rack: Middle atlantic BGR SA SERIES, 23" 45U
Video Processor Lumagen RadiancePro
AV & Amplifier AV MARANTZ AV8805 and Emotiva XPA-11 Gen3
Projector:
Im between the Jvc rs4500 and the new Benq Ht9060
I could need your help for choose
Lens: Panamorph Paladin DCR
Screen 165" zero edge pro slate .8 AT 2:40.1 Aspect ratio
Player:Rack mount Server/htpc 110TB With unraid software for virtualization
Kodi with mad/vr

I could be missing something, my fault if I write something wrong, I do not handle English very well.
Thanks a lot for all the guys who i read and inspire me on my next build . and make a dream possible in my life, as could be build my own theater room.

soon i go to post my first render of the room . i really apreciate your fedback on my gear, if something could be better or if something is overkill for my room .
SOWK likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-08-2019, 02:37 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 409 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5494 Post(s)
Liked: 5080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Leonardo View Post
Sound Isolation: Ceiling Thermal-acoustic insulation and the walls with Fiberglass wool

That plan is pretty weak compared to the thought given your equipment selection. Is sound isolation important for this project?
post #3 of 12 Old 06-08-2019, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
That plan is pretty weak compared to the thought given your equipment selection. Is sound isolation important for this project?
That was a little resume the insulation go to be done in colaboration with a sound installer and insulation provider, i could add more details later . the ceiling go to be Black theater fiber that has a NRC of 1.0 with C423-17 Standard and also reject the light. also the room go to be on the basement and all the exterior and rest of the house go to be on concrete.

Could be great any suggestion for the insulation and any other aspect of the gear or build
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	32
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	2577766  

Telecommunication Engineer Living on chile. Forex trader. Apasionado por el buen cine
VENEZUELAN

Last edited by Luis Leonardo; 06-08-2019 at 05:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 06-08-2019, 05:40 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

I still don't see any evidence of sound isolation that will keep the rumble of those subwoofers inside the theater and not the bedrooms above. It takes mass, mechanical isolation and dampening. None of that is evident in your diagram. Make sure you keep the subjects of acoustical treatments separate from sound isolation. NRC is a measurement of sound refection and is an average over a frequency range with nothing at low frequencies factored into the calculation. It is not a measure of sound attenuation at low frequencies. Let me give you an example, a product like 2 inches of OC703 can have an NRC of 1.0 but it still lets over 83% of the sound energy below the upper limit of the cuttoff frequency of your subwoofer pass through.
post #5 of 12 Old 06-08-2019, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I still don't see any evidence of sound isolation that will keep the rumble of those subwoofers inside the theater and not the bedrooms above. It takes mass, mechanical isolation and dampening. None of that is evident in your diagram. Make sure you keep the subjects of acoustical treatments separate from sound isolation. NRC is a measurement of sound refection and is an average over a frequency range with nothing at low frequencies factored into the calculation. It is not a measure of sound attenuation at low frequencies. Let me give you an example, a product like 2 inches of OC703 can have an NRC of 1.0 but it still lets over 83% of the sound energy below the upper limit of the cuttoff frequency of your subwoofer pass through.
Sure went i have the details of the insolation i go to update thread with more details

Telecommunication Engineer Living on chile. Forex trader. Apasionado por el buen cine
VENEZUELAN
post #6 of 12 Old 06-11-2019, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

I talk with the integrator, He go to use Soundproofing company solutions for the build, Double stud with green glue (Level 3) also the room go to be in concrete , also the ceiling. And built in the studs.
The ACOUSTIC TREATMENT go to be desing by acoustic frontiers .
The door, ISODOOR HD with rubber seal. all the drywall lighting go to be build over the insulation . the atmos speaker has integrated backer boxes. i change the speakers for that reason

@impreza276 i cant send pm yet , sorry, but thanks for the advice

VENEZUELAN
post #7 of 12 Old 06-11-2019, 06:15 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Your sound isolation plans sound promising and I'm familiar with Nyal's acoustic treatment planning work, I've installed a few. You are in good hands.
post #8 of 12 Old 06-11-2019, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Your sound isolation plans sound promising and I'm familiar with Nyal's acoustic treatment planning work, I've installed a few. You are in good hands.
Thanks for your feedback, i hear great things of both . im so excited for start with the building, im waiting for my integrator

VENEZUELAN
post #9 of 12 Old 06-11-2019, 06:33 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Who is doing the interior finishes design? basically what you put in front of Nyals plan. The basic look and feel of the room. Do you have any inspiration photos of looks you would like to emulate?
post #10 of 12 Old 06-11-2019, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Who is doing the interior finishes design? basically what you put in front of Nyals plan. The basic look and feel of the room. Do you have any inspiration photos of looks you would like to emulate?
Im inspired by the @Oklahomie room, in size and layout, but i go to put only 7 seats, three front row and 4 back row. i want a modern look with dark tones.
Maybe a black fleur de lis carpet matching with the sconce. Front stage with automated curtains . The riser with black trims and the carpet. Im not sure if fleur de lis carpet or black carpet
Gypsum ceiling for lightning cans .
Im desingnin my own room but if i cant get a good desing , i could need a pro designer.

there are some reference pictures
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bd09267840e4506e1b046c3b1cbfdbf4.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	2578972   Click image for larger version

Name:	7835.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	2578974   Click image for larger version

Name:	66b17a9471c0d492f7de8dbead06751d.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	2578976   Click image for larger version

Name:	peeking-design-half-tube-sconce-4.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	2578980  

VENEZUELAN

Last edited by Luis Leonardo; 06-11-2019 at 08:01 PM.
post #11 of 12 Old 06-12-2019, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

I do some reference render for Acoustic frontier, They go to do a plan to build the room
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	2579342   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	2579346   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	2579348   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	19
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	2579350  

VENEZUELAN
post #12 of 12 Old 06-12-2019, 08:53 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

If you are building this room from scratch personally I would place the L/R speakers outside the screen frame on the left and right angled in toward the middle of the front row. I think that is closer to the recommended 60 degree design guidelines, ask Nyal. You can still do a splash or red for visual interest but use acoustically transparent Red fabric stretched over the areas rather than folded curtains.
LydMekk likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
build , dedicated home theater , Home Theater

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page