Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-13-2019, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 71
New Media Room Build

Hello All. I am in the process of building a new house and with that will come a new media room build. I had a dedicated basement theater in my old house so this will be my second build. I am doing this one a little different as this one is right in the middle of the first floor so esthetics will be important. Going to do my best to walk the fine line of sound and vision vs looks.

I am calling it a media room vs theater as I will probably go with some sort of recliner couch vs theater seats. Trying to avoid GOM walls and will be trying to hide all the speakers and gear. Like my past room it will have a false wall but instead of GOM this one will be shiplap. Also instead of bookshelf rears will most likely build some columns and use in wall side and rear. Atmos speakers will be located in the ceiling. Setup will be 7.2.4

I have some challenges in this room being that it is situated on the first floor. The biggest being a 8 ft by 5 ft window along the left side. Will be getting some sort of black out blinds to help block light and soften the harsh glass.

I will only have a single row of seating, though should be able to pull in some other seats when needed. Most of the time it will just be me, my wife sometimes and others at parties or holidays. Kids are in college now so not around as much.

Room is 17 ft x 13 ft 8 in x 9 ft.

So far I have purchased the following equipment.

Pioner VSX-503 Receiver
JBL Studio 590 LCR
SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer
Panasonic UB820 4k Blu-ray player
X-Box One X
Harmony Elite Remote

I am planning on getting an Epson 5050ub projector. I like that it has power zoom so plan on doing a 2.39 screen and use the remote to toggle between that and 16:9.

The house is currently being framed. I am going to start running speaker wire and ethernet this weekend. Still have some equipment choices to make. Mostly being the surround and atoms speakers.

Anyway fun to be able to start over and get a completely different build going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-13-2019, 06:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1691 Post(s)
Liked: 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjen View Post
Hello All. I am in the process of building a new house and with that will come a new media room build. I had a dedicated basement theater in my old house so this will be my second build. I am doing this one a little different as this one is right in the middle of the first floor so esthetics will be important. Going to do my best to walk the fine line of sound and vision vs looks.

I am calling it a media room vs theater as I will probably go with some sort of recliner couch vs theater seats. Trying to avoid GOM walls and will be trying to hide all the speakers and gear. Like my past room it will have a false wall but instead of GOM this one will be shiplap. Also instead of bookshelf rears will most likely build some columns and use in wall side and rear. Atmos speakers will be located in the ceiling. Setup will be 7.2.4

I have some challenges in this room being that it is situated on the first floor. The biggest being a 8 ft by 5 ft window along the left side. Will be getting some sort of black out blinds to help block light and soften the harsh glass.

I will only have a single row of seating, though should be able to pull in some other seats when needed. Most of the time it will just be me, my wife sometimes and others at parties or holidays. Kids are in college now so not around as much.

Room is 17 ft x 13 ft 8 in x 9 ft.

So far I have purchased the following equipment.

Pioner VSX-503 Receiver

JBL Studio 590 LCR

SVS PB12-NSD Subwoofer

Panasonic UB820 4k Blu-ray player

X-Box One X

Harmony Elite Remote

I am planning on getting an Epson 5050ub projector. I like that it has power zoom so plan on doing a 2.39 screen and use the remote to toggle between that and 16:9.

The house is currently being framed. I am going to start running speaker wire and ethernet this weekend. Still have some equipment choices to make. Mostly being the surround and atoms speakers.

Anyway fun to be able to start over and get a completely different build going.

If there’s one thing that I really wish I had put my foot down on when we were looking at buying a house was ceiling height. It was going to cost me at least $10k to get that ceiling height in the basement but the lack of height did drive and continues to drive all of my decision making in my theater.

Ah well. What are ya gonna do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page