Multiple TV Setup with 1 Audio Output Suggestion - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-17-2019, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Multiple TV Setup with 1 Audio Output Suggestion

Hi everyone,

I did some searching but apologize but was unable to find the answer to my question.

I'm looking to do a Home Theater setup with 3 TV's in one room and wanted to find out what equipment would be needed to streamline my setup.

TVs
My plan most likely is to get (1) 65" LG B8/C8 OLED as the center TV and to do (2) 55" Vizio P series' on each side of the 65".

Audio
This is still up in the air but I'm possibly doing a Nakamichi 9.2 setup or going with a full receiver setup.

Devices
Xbox One
PS4
Firestick
DirecTV

My plan would be to use this mostly to watch sporting events so I could view multiple games at once on each of the TV's. I would like to be able to switch any of the devices on any one of the TV's but wouldn't need to display the same thing across multiple TV's at any point. I would only be using the audio for 1 TV at once but would like the possibility to be able to switch it to another TV if a commercial or important play was happening during one of the other games. Is this a possibility? I have done a little research into HDMI Matrix's and understand I would need one of these to switch the outputs to each of the TVs. What is the easiest way to set this up and how would I allow the audio to be switchable?

Thanks for the input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-17-2019, 07:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 719
Feed the optical audio outs from your TVs to your receiver as a different source for each. You are then free to switch between them.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-17-2019, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by impreza276 View Post
Feed the optical audio outs from your TVs to your receiver as a different source for each. You are then free to switch between them.

This would be the method if I had a 7.2 Receiver, correct? What if I had a sound bar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old Yesterday, 04:39 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 414 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5545 Post(s)
Liked: 5138
then if you use the optical audio outputs from the TVs you need an optical audio switcher to select one for the soundbar assuming it has an optical input. Here is a 3x1 for $20. https://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-TOSLIN.../dp/B00G188Z7A

I'm wondering how you are going to get 3 independent sports channel feeds to each of your TVs with the list of gear you provided.

Last edited by BIGmouthinDC; Yesterday at 04:45 AM.
post #5 of 5 Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
then if you use the optical audio outputs from the TVs you need an optical audio switcher to select one for the soundbar assuming it has an optical input. Here is a 3x1 for $20. https://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-TOSLIN.../dp/B00G188Z7A

I'm wondering how you are going to get 3 independent sports channel feeds to each of your TVs with the list of gear you provided.

Great, thanks! That makes a lot of sense and I didn't think about that previously.

As far as the 3 independent sports channel feeds, that is still up in the air. If I have DirecTV I will be able to login in to the ESPN App, Sunday Ticket, etc on one of the other TV's not utilizing the DirecTV box and stream a game, etc. I would like to have 3 DirecTV boxes to streamline it and be able to easily watch but not sure I want the added expense and there is no way around that to my knowledge?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction