AT (Acoustically Transparent) Theater build thread - Page 17 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 220Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #481 of 907 Old 10-19-2019, 06:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
genaccmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,290
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
A patch will require multiple coats of mud, primer and paint. This is not a one and done project if you want it to be perfect. If you get moving you could get it patched before he gets to the first coat, have him start on other walls. You will want to use "hot" mud, dry drywall joint compound that you mix with water and it sets in 20 minutes, Premixed compound will need to dry overnight.
Yes got it. By two step process I meant drilling a hole big enough for hand to get in and second hole to poke to pull the wire out. This will be followed by patching the first hole made. Does not seem insurmountable. I will look at some YouTube videos. The painter is applying only the first coat this weekend.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
genaccmiller is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #482 of 907 Old 10-19-2019, 07:31 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)
 
MississippiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Byhalia, Mississippi. Waaaay down in the Bottoms
Posts: 22,373
Mentioned: 296 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3868 Post(s)
Liked: 1804
Send a message via Skype™ to MississippiMan
A Hole (...to make and fix...that is.)

I will provide you a diagram and instructions....just do things as instructed....no diversions.


.....and here you go...


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aziz Hole.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	2629292  
PreciseD likes this.

"They said it couldn't be done. Well, we sure showed 'em otherwise!"
HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions...Audio Transducers & Projection Screen Coatings

Last edited by MississippiMan; 10-19-2019 at 09:30 AM.
MississippiMan is offline  
post #483 of 907 Old 10-19-2019, 09:05 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)
 
MississippiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Byhalia, Mississippi. Waaaay down in the Bottoms
Posts: 22,373
Mentioned: 296 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3868 Post(s)
Liked: 1804
Send a message via Skype™ to MississippiMan
@genaccmiller


See diagram above......hopefully the Painters will do the patching (compound application) for you.....just don't forget to say please.

"They said it couldn't be done. Well, we sure showed 'em otherwise!"
HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions...Audio Transducers & Projection Screen Coatings
MississippiMan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #484 of 907 Old 10-19-2019, 09:07 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 14,775
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4734 Post(s)
Liked: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by genaccmiller View Post
Yes got it. By two step process I meant drilling a hole big enough for hand to get in and second hole to poke to pull the wire out. This will be followed by patching the first hole made. Does not seem insurmountable. I will look at some YouTube videos. The painter is applying only the first coat this weekend.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Do not drill a hole. You have to cut the drywall with a skill knife and preserve the piece of drywall to put it back into place. Drilling will only destroy the drywall. You'll probably have to cut a small hole above the pieces of wood support or you'll never be able to reach in to pull on the wire.



You made a mistake and will just have to do the best you can to fix it.

Listen up, studios! Dolby Atmos Lite™ print-outs must stop!!

Last edited by Dan Hitchman; 10-19-2019 at 09:11 AM.
Dan Hitchman is offline  
post #485 of 907 Old 10-19-2019, 09:08 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 14,775
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4734 Post(s)
Liked: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post
@genaccmiller


See diagram above......hopefully the Painters will do the patching (compound application) for you.....just don't forget to say please.

The diagram doesn't show up. FYI

Listen up, studios! Dolby Atmos Lite™ print-outs must stop!!
Dan Hitchman is offline  
post #486 of 907 Old 10-19-2019, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
genaccmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,290
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post
@genaccmiller


See diagram above......hopefully the Painters will do the patching (compound application) for you.....just don't forget to say please.
Painters said they will need to charge extra for patching. I am on my own. Reached out to contractor letting him know they missed pulling the wires out. Let me see what they say before I DIY.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
genaccmiller is offline  
post #487 of 907 Old 10-19-2019, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
genaccmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,290
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
Do not drill a hole. You have to cut the drywall with a skill knife and preserve the piece of drywall to put it back into place. Drilling will only destroy the drywall. You'll probably have to cut a small hole above the pieces of wood support or you'll never be able to reach in to pull on the wire.



You made a mistake and will just have to do the best you can to fix it.
Yes @MississippiMan explained the same as well. He called me

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Dan Hitchman likes this.
genaccmiller is offline  
post #488 of 907 Old 10-19-2019, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
genaccmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,290
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Room is already looking dark with gray primer.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
genaccmiller is offline  
post #489 of 907 Old 10-19-2019, 09:40 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)
 
MississippiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Byhalia, Mississippi. Waaaay down in the Bottoms
Posts: 22,373
Mentioned: 296 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3868 Post(s)
Liked: 1804
Send a message via Skype™ to MississippiMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
The diagram doesn't show up. FYI
Resolved....thank you!



Quote:
Originally Posted by genaccmiller View Post
Painters said they will need to charge extra for patching. I am on my own. Reached out to contractor letting him know they missed pulling the wires out. Let me see what they say before I DIY.
If you have to do it I strongly suggest you use regular Lightweight Drywall Compound. The Quick Set compound is not very forgiving to NOOBs. Frankly, I don't see the Drywall Contractor being responsible since you left the Wire back inside the Wall...not protruding through the Hole. And besides that...you cannot afford to wait for them to come back...and they probably will make a worse mess of things anyway.

Nope...just hasten and get the job done. Don't worry about the Primer that is up (if they also hit the rear wall) Just get the job done....you should be able to do the repair in two coats...at most three....if you apply the compound lightly each time and focus the sanding primarily around the outside edges, feathering the edge down flush to the surface of the Drywall. The center area just needs smoothing.

If they primed the rear wall and you had to apply compound over the Primer, get a low nap roller and apply primer (VERY LIGHTLY !!!) over the area you repaired so the wall will be ready for the painters when they return.

"They said it couldn't be done. Well, we sure showed 'em otherwise!"
HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions...Audio Transducers & Projection Screen Coatings
MississippiMan is offline  
post #490 of 907 Old 10-19-2019, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
genaccmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,290
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post
If you have to do it I strongly suggest you use regular Lightweight Drywall Compound. The Quick Set compound is not very forgiving to NOOBs. Frankly, I don't see the Drywall Contractor being responsible since you left the Wire back inside the Wall...not protruding through the Hole. And besides that...you cannot afford to wait for them to come back...and they probably will make a worse mess of things anyway.



Nope...just hasten and get the job done. Don't worry about the Primer that is up (if they also hit the rear wall) Just get the job done....you should be able to do the repair in two coats...at most three....if you apply the compound lightly each time and focus the sanding primarily around the outside edges, feathering the edge down flush to the surface of the Drywall. The center area just needs smoothing.


If they primed the rear wall and you had to apply compound over the Primer, get a low nap roller and apply primer (VERY LIGHTLY !!!) over the area you repaired so the wall will be ready for the painters when they return.
Yeah what i meant was painters will reprime the wall but to do the patching etc will charge etc. That's why I said I am on my own. I am keeping my fingers crossed that contractor will do something but to your point he may be under the mistaken assumption that I did not tell him. I left the wire there for him to pull out and he has pulled out at other place. So why one would be left out is surprising. I should have caught it earlier but did not have capacity to micromanage each part of the job.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
genaccmiller is offline  
post #491 of 907 Old 10-19-2019, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
genaccmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,290
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Today may be a lucky day. I let the contractor know they missed pulling the wire and he said he will make sure the trim Carpenter finds the wire and pulls it through.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Dan Hitchman likes this.
genaccmiller is offline  
post #492 of 907 Old 10-19-2019, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 14,775
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4734 Post(s)
Liked: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by genaccmiller View Post
Today may be a lucky day. I let the contractor know they missed pulling the wire and he said he will make sure the trim Carpenter finds the wire and pulls it through.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

You lucked out with the contractors for once.

Listen up, studios! Dolby Atmos Lite™ print-outs must stop!!
Dan Hitchman is offline  
post #493 of 907 Old 10-19-2019, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
genaccmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,290
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Folks - i need your input on this. @Dan Hitchman sent me the following link for carpets. I really like the burgundy color. I found a local carpet guy willing to install at $1.33 per SQ ft inclusive of padding. I am thinking of getting this and asking him to install and then going back to my carpet guy for the other areas of the basement. I thought I will give the local guy my business for the whole basement but his choices are limited and pricing is a bit higher but he is willing to do the media room if I order the carpet. Is this a good approach? All inclusive the price difference between going for joy vs selecting just a generic dark grey shading is $710. Is it worth it?

https://www.flooringinc.com/carpet/j...me-carpet.html

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
genaccmiller is offline  
post #494 of 907 Old 10-19-2019, 01:34 PM
DIY Granddad (w/help)
 
MississippiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Byhalia, Mississippi. Waaaay down in the Bottoms
Posts: 22,373
Mentioned: 296 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3868 Post(s)
Liked: 1804
Send a message via Skype™ to MississippiMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by genaccmiller View Post
Folks - i need your input on this. @Dan Hitchman sent me the following link for carpets. I really like the burgundy color. I found a local carpet guy willing to install at $1.33 per SQ ft inclusive of padding. I am thinking of getting this and asking him to install and then going back to my carpet guy for the other areas of the basement. I thought I will give the local guy my business for the whole basement but his choices are limited and pricing is a bit higher but he is willing to do the media room if I order the carpet. Is this a good approach? All inclusive the price difference between going for joy vs selecting just a generic dark grey shading is $710. Is it worth it?
Not on a budget...because I'm betting you haven't as of yet called and confirmed the Freight charges...which are going to add at minimum $250.00 to that $710.00 Probably more....and the Carpet will come on a Trailer...w/no Lift, and the driver isn't usedto moving Carpet Rolls, He expects to see a Fork Truck with a Carpet Pole. Even smaller Rolls they expect someone to be there to take it off the Tail Gate.

Here's the thing...unless your prepared to pay the premium for such Theater-Type Carpet, pay for Delivery, hoist it off the Truck and get it inside and "DOWN THE BASEMENT STAIRS" you should make arrangements with whatever company will accept the order at their business location, bring it out, and install it. Expect to ante up something extra for delivery because they are not making anything on the Carpet itself.

Or select something local to lay down....my Goodness...it's New Jersey....you cannot have ran out of local options yet.

Home Depot. Nice Dark Grey "Pattern-free" Carpet. Free Installation on jobs over $400.00
Here.

Now go get some work done...I'm gonna go roast Hot Dogs w/friends.

"They said it couldn't be done. Well, we sure showed 'em otherwise!"
HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions...Audio Transducers & Projection Screen Coatings
MississippiMan is offline  
post #495 of 907 Old 10-19-2019, 01:38 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR
 
BIGmouthinDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 32,470
Mentioned: 451 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6007 Post(s)
Liked: 5594
Quote:
Originally Posted by genaccmiller View Post
he will make sure the trim Carpenter finds the wire and pulls it through.

Gross understatement of the problem at hand.
PreciseD likes this.
BIGmouthinDC is offline  
post #496 of 907 Old 10-19-2019, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
genaccmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,290
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post
Not on a budget...because I'm betting you haven't as of yet called and confirmed the Freight charges...which are going to add at minimum $250.00 to that $710.00 Probably more....and the Carpet will come on a Trailer...w/no Lift, and the driver isn't usedto moving Carpet Rolls, He expects to see a Fork Truck with a Carpet Pole. Even smaller Rolls they expect someone to be there to take it off the Tail Gate.

Here's the thing...unless your prepared to pay the premium for such Theater-Type Carpet, pay for Delivery, hoist it off the Truck and get it inside and "DOWN THE BASEMENT STAIRS" you should make arrangements with whatever company will accept the order at their business location, bring it out, and install it. Expect to ante up something extra for delivery because they are not making anything on the Carpet itself.

Or select something local to lay down....my Goodness...it's New Jersey....you cannot have ran out of local options yet.

Home Depot. Nice Dark Grey "Pattern-free" Carpet. Free Installation on jobs over $400.00
Here.

Now go get some work done...I'm gonna go roast Hot Dogs w/friends.
That includes shipping and the local guy is willing to receive it and bring it with him to install at no extra cost.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
genaccmiller is offline  
post #497 of 907 Old 10-19-2019, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
genaccmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,290
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post
I will provide you a diagram and instructions....just do things as instructed....no diversions.


.....and here you go...


This looks really good. I don't know why but I am not receiving notifications anymore. If I had, I would have seen this earlier.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
genaccmiller is offline  
post #498 of 907 Old 10-20-2019, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
genaccmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,290
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Ceiling looks really black with two coats. Can't see much with lights on. Can't see anything with lights off. Used Sherwin Williams tricorn black which is the darkest black they have.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
rboster likes this.

Last edited by genaccmiller; 10-20-2019 at 04:28 PM.
genaccmiller is offline  
post #499 of 907 Old 10-20-2019, 01:24 PM
DIY Granddad (w/help)
 
MississippiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Byhalia, Mississippi. Waaaay down in the Bottoms
Posts: 22,373
Mentioned: 296 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3868 Post(s)
Liked: 1804
Send a message via Skype™ to MississippiMan
I see a 115"diagonal image in your future...........detailed Framing Plans later tonight.

Took a short break to do the diagram below................now, back to my BBQ





PS.............SW-Tricorn Black is among the most popular and oft used choice when people balk at the cost of Rosco Super Saturated Paint.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aziz Screen Base Plate Plan 01-2019.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	2629790  
BIGmouthinDC likes this.

"They said it couldn't be done. Well, we sure showed 'em otherwise!"
HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions...Audio Transducers & Projection Screen Coatings

Last edited by MississippiMan; 10-20-2019 at 01:28 PM.
MississippiMan is offline  
post #500 of 907 Old 10-20-2019, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
genaccmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,290
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post



PS.............SW-Tricorn Black is among the most popular and oft used choice when people balk at the cost of Rosco Super Saturated Paint.
Thanks for the validation. If anyone is interested the color id for Sherwin Williams tricorn black is SW 6258.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
JPeezy13 likes this.
genaccmiller is offline  
post #501 of 907 Old 10-20-2019, 10:18 PM
DIY Granddad (w/help)
 
MississippiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Byhalia, Mississippi. Waaaay down in the Bottoms
Posts: 22,373
Mentioned: 296 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3868 Post(s)
Liked: 1804
Send a message via Skype™ to MississippiMan



The 2.5" "Step Back" provides a needed structural overlap for the upcoming 1x3 Spandex Wrapped Panels
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aziz Adjusted Floor Plate Plan BB 1.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	314.8 KB
ID:	2630016  
Rjloper9 likes this.

"They said it couldn't be done. Well, we sure showed 'em otherwise!"
HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions...Audio Transducers & Projection Screen Coatings

Last edited by MississippiMan; 10-20-2019 at 10:51 PM.
MississippiMan is offline  
post #502 of 907 Old 10-21-2019, 04:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
genaccmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,290
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post



The 2.5" "Step Back" provides a needed structural overlap for the upcoming 1x3 Spandex Wrapped Panels
Thank you for this. This certainly looks extremely robust. Let me see what I can do.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
genaccmiller is offline  
post #503 of 907 Old 10-21-2019, 05:39 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)
 
MississippiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Byhalia, Mississippi. Waaaay down in the Bottoms
Posts: 22,373
Mentioned: 296 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3868 Post(s)
Liked: 1804
Send a message via Skype™ to MississippiMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by genaccmiller View Post
Thank you for this. This certainly looks extremely robust. Let me see what I can do.

As we discussed....the build above addresses the need to create more vertical support at / in from each side and at each end of the Center panels (Top and Bottom) and the smaller 12.8" Vertical panels that frame the Screen Panel, as well as add a much needed additional 2.5" leeway for the Projector's Throw distance / Zoom allowance if a 118" to 119" diagonal Screen is desired. Still undecided? In the least you will have a 117" diagonal easily accommodated.

With matching Top Plates, and by using hand picked Lumber for the Vertical Studs, a straight, solid assembly should be the end result. Use a Chalk Line to layout both Top and Bottom Plates...and check and double check your measurements.

Since you have the Kreg Tool, drilling two opposing holes and then using regular Construction Screws to place each Vertical Stud should get you a very sturdy and accurate assembly.


Here's a Tip...(see below) When placing a Vertical Stud onto a Top /Bottom Plate, draw your measured Line for one side and put two Screws 1/3rd way in at a slight angle on the opposite side to serve as temporary blocks the set the stud against while you screw it into place on the opposite side. You cab also use a small 2x4 Block to the same effect.


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blocking assist.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	2630086  

"They said it couldn't be done. Well, we sure showed 'em otherwise!"
HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions...Audio Transducers & Projection Screen Coatings
MississippiMan is offline  
post #504 of 907 Old 10-21-2019, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
genaccmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,290
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 129
How do I interpret the estimated image brightness foot Lambert on projector central? At a 11.8 feet distance and 118 inch screen size and gain of 0.7, it's showing me estimated image brightness manufacturer spec of 40fl. Is the optimal to try to get it to 16fl?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
genaccmiller is offline  
post #505 of 907 Old 10-21-2019, 07:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Moderator
 
rboster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 25,190
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1648 Post(s)
Liked: 2294
Quote:
Originally Posted by genaccmiller View Post
Ceiling looks really black with two coats. Can't see much with lights on. Can't see anything with lights off. Used Sherwin Williams tricorn black which is the darkest black they have.
Spoiler!

The ceiling looks great...nice work. Did you spray it or use a roller?
rboster is offline  
post #506 of 907 Old 10-21-2019, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
genaccmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,290
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post
The ceiling looks great...nice work. Did you spray it or use a roller?
They sprayed it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
genaccmiller is offline  
post #507 of 907 Old 10-21-2019, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
genaccmiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,290
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Deleted

Last edited by genaccmiller; 10-21-2019 at 09:03 AM.
genaccmiller is offline  
post #508 of 907 Old 10-21-2019, 09:18 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)
 
MississippiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Byhalia, Mississippi. Waaaay down in the Bottoms
Posts: 22,373
Mentioned: 296 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3868 Post(s)
Liked: 1804
Send a message via Skype™ to MississippiMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by genaccmiller View Post
How do I interpret the estimated image brightness foot Lambert on projector central? At a 11.8 feet distance and 118 inch screen size and gain of 0.7, it's showing me estimated image brightness manufacturer spec of 40fl. Is the optimal to try to get it to 16fl?

Wow.


Absolutely not! You will need every bit of lumen derived brightness the Spandex can muster. Especially when and if you ever play a 4K HDR Title.

"They said it couldn't be done. Well, we sure showed 'em otherwise!"
HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions...Audio Transducers & Projection Screen Coatings
MississippiMan is offline  
post #509 of 907 Old 10-21-2019, 09:20 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)
 
MississippiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Byhalia, Mississippi. Waaaay down in the Bottoms
Posts: 22,373
Mentioned: 296 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3868 Post(s)
Liked: 1804
Send a message via Skype™ to MississippiMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post
The ceiling looks great...nice work. Did you spray it or use a roller?
Quote:
Originally Posted by genaccmiller View Post
They sprayed it.

Spraying is all preferred with Black...and applying it over the Grey primer.......priceless.

"They said it couldn't be done. Well, we sure showed 'em otherwise!"
HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions...Audio Transducers & Projection Screen Coatings
MississippiMan is offline  
post #510 of 907 Old 10-21-2019, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Moderator
 
rboster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 25,190
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1648 Post(s)
Liked: 2294
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post
Spraying is all preferred with Black...and applying it over the Grey primer.......priceless.
I'll be painting my room soon and have been hesitant over the years in using a sprayer (making a mess (over-spraying etc) with lackluster results being a newbie).
rboster is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off