Hello Everyone! First of all, I want to thank all of you for inspiring me and giving me the motivation to start on my theater build. I have always thought about having a room where I can sit back watch football games and enjoy movies with the family. I am located in suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia in case any of are nearby want to lend a helping hand.
So far, I have selected the room and sketched the measurements (Pic attached). Some general things to note:
1) Room has been selected and not much flexibility here given other needs of the house.
2) In terms of soundproofing, since the room has three doors + two windows, not sure how much benefit I will see from soundproofing. Again, happy to hear any ideas that maybe helpful.
3) To manage cost, I will try to do as much work as my skill allows. I do enjoy learning and building in my free time. I will leverage help as I run into limitations.
4) In terms of sound, just want to avoid whisper / explosion effect, which currently exist with my sound system. Obviously, I am open to purchasing new equipment but not sure of the budget. My guess is that it will be $1-1.5K. More to come on this as we get down the road.
5) So, where do I need help?
a) How should I position things given space available?
b) Should I build a sub-wall to separate out exit door and two windows?
c) Any other thoughts you may have?
I like the space OriginalWhitey built out and look to do something very similar.
Please let me know if any questions. Look forward to sharing my build and the experience.