Home Theater of the Month: Oconee Theater - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 30Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 116 Old 11-20-2019, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Steve Bruzonsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 21,028
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2103 Post(s)
Liked: 1387
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
Actually the subs have changed as well. I have been through a couple of iterations of subs since we have lived here, the most recent are the eight Seaton F18s.
Notice Chuck said "most recent". Makes you wonder what's in store for Mr. Audioguy in the future?

Pray for all of our healthcare providers, food manufacturing and delivery workers, all of whom are doing their best at great risk to help us survive the current Covid-19 virus crisis.
Steve Bruzonsky is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 116 Old 11-25-2019, 02:52 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 10,612
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5790 Post(s)
Liked: 4891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
Notice Chuck said "most recent". Makes you wonder what's in store for Mr. Audioguy in the future?
I have been dealing with some sub "issues" (only obvious in music) but I'm not convinced it is not the room. I calibrated a room with 6 F18's and need to go listen to some of the offending music to see if it is present in his room. If so, then there could either be a sub change or I might try some EQ adjustments. If not, then I need to find the "cure". My guess is that it is the room, but if so, not sure why the combination of PEQs and Optimizer did not address it. The probability of me EVER swapping out subs is .0000000001%
audioguy is online now  
post #93 of 116 Old 12-10-2019, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BRAC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 2,100
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 649
Great job on the new theater Chuck and the ‘Home Theater of the Month’ award. Well deserved!

If it sounds better than your previous Catalyst/Submersive combo in your former house, that is saying a lot. That all Seaton theater still ranks as one of the very best I’ve ever heard.

Samsung 82” Q90R * LG 55” C8 * Anthem AVM 60 * 5.2.4 Atmos * Xbox One X * PS4 Pro
BRAC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #94 of 116 Old 12-10-2019, 08:43 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 10,612
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5790 Post(s)
Liked: 4891
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAC View Post
Great job on the new theater Chuck and the ‘Home Theater of the Month’ award. Well deserved!

If it sounds better than your previous Catalyst/Submersive combo in your former house, that is saying a lot. That all Seaton theater still ranks as one of the very best I’ve ever heard.
Thank you. And it sounds much better. Better room acoustics, much better processor, Atmos speakers, LOTS more subs.
audioguy is online now  
post #95 of 116 Old 12-12-2019, 01:44 PM
Senior Member
 
GTDTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 166
I stumbled across this thread while researching miniDSP for Dirac room correction and reading your participation in that kind of thread from 2015. I am an hour north east of Atlanta. No one I know cares as even 1/2 as much as I care about home audio. I saw your HT and had to reach out and say hello as this thread is fairly recent and we are in the same state. Your HT is fantastic! I enjoyed reading your interview and it compelled me to reach out with this post.

We built our house 4 years ago, and I was not and Audiophile then. I decided to give home audio a try (I used to be in car stereo when I was in high school). I fell in love with Paradigm when I auditioned them at Southern Cinema in Cumming. I decided to turn my office into what we now call "The Music Room" (5.1.2 system). Applying what I learned, when we finished our basement, I put in a 5.1.4 system (along with a bar and pool table).

I'm really trying to dial in my 2 channel options with my Onkyo AVR. Don't laugh, but I love the bass response on this thing...just love it! It might be a little bright overall, but I like that...and the imaging is crystal clear. Its perfect for the room where I feel the bass more then have it blare. I recently pulled the trigger on the flagship Yamaha and am trying it out. The imaging might be more lively, but the bass management of the AVR combined with the YPAO has killed it. This has taken me to actually try out REW for the first time to quantify the two and research this miniDSP as a potential option.

Congrats again on the room and the article on AVS. I have spent many hours on this forum learning from folks like you. I just had to reach out and say hello.

Music Room 5.1.2: L/R Paradigm Prestige 85F, Prestige CC55, CI Elite E80-A (Atmos), CI Elite E65-R, HSU VTF-15H MK2 sub, Onkyo TXNR-838, Emotiva XPA3 Gen2.
Samsung 65" JS9500 and Sony UBP-X800
Room: 13' X 11'6" X 14' Fairly new audioholic
GTDTS is offline  
post #96 of 116 Old 12-13-2019, 06:59 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 10,612
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5790 Post(s)
Liked: 4891
^^ Thank you. And your decision to explore REW is a very wise one. Without measurement tools like REW, one will almost never be able to get the best out of their equipment and room. Good luck.

And the fact that you know almost no one who cares about audio like you do is pretty typical. I'm probably a lot older than you and know many people who have a net worth and/or income to easily join this hobby - and all but one have no interest. That is why places like AVSForum exist !!
pkinneb likes this.
audioguy is online now  
post #97 of 116 Old 12-13-2019, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BP1Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbus, Oh
Posts: 1,195
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Real talk!

Sony XBR65x900e / STR-DN1080 / original PS4 / WOW! Ultra TV / Quantum Access Mini PC Stick w/Windows 10 / 8 x Rockville SPG88 8“ DJ PA Speakers / Dayton Audio SA1000 / Kicker 08S15L74 in a Tapped-Tapered Quarter Wave Tube (negative flare tapped horn).
BP1Fanatic is online now  
post #98 of 116 Old 02-05-2020, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
tigerhonaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TN. USA
Posts: 2,520
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked: 1323
Thumbs up

Chuck,

I just now saw this thread mentioned over on the Triad Dedicated Thread on AVS.





Terry Honaker
tigerhonaker is offline  
post #99 of 116 Old 02-05-2020, 06:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 10,612
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5790 Post(s)
Liked: 4891
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Chuck,

I just now saw this thread mentioned over on the Triad Dedicated Thread on AVS.

Terry Honaker
Thank, Terry.

As you well know, it is a very fun hobby. I created my first "home theater" in 1984; my first projector-based home theater in 1991 (Sony PJ, etc) and each has gotten progressively better (and lots more expensive). Fortunately, there is nothing left to upgrade. I have eight (Seaton) 18" subs; the best surround processor on the planet (Trinnov); the most appropriate video chain for my screen size (Lumagen, RS4500, Panamorph); and the most optimal speaker configuration for my room (9.8.6); up-to-date Class D powerful amps (ATI); a full complement of properly designed passive room treatment (GIK); am able to travel around the country and calibrate other high end processor based theaters (Datasat and Trinnov); have ripped and can easily view my entire movie collection; and top of the line Triad speakers. Now I just get to keep buying more movies and loving every minute of it.

Life is short (and at my age [near yours], shorter). It is nice to be able enjoy the fruits of my labor for however long God allows me to inhabit this planet.

The award was a very nice, and much appreciated finish to a 35 year home theater journey.

Thanks again.
audioguy is online now  
post #100 of 116 Old 02-05-2020, 07:18 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
tigerhonaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TN. USA
Posts: 2,520
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked: 1323
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
Thank, Terry.

As you well know, it is a very fun hobby. I created my first "home theater" in 1984; my first projector-based home theater in 1991 (Sony PJ, etc) and each has gotten progressively better (and lots more expensive). Fortunately, there is nothing left to upgrade. I have eight (Seaton) 18" subs; the best surround processor on the planet (Trinnov); the most appropriate video chain for my screen size (Lumagen, RS4500, Panamorph); and the most optimal speaker configuration for my room (9.8.6); up-to-date Class D powerful amps (ATI); a full complement of properly designed passive room treatment (GIK); am able to travel around the country and calibrate other high end processor based theaters (Datasat and Trinnov); have ripped and can easily view my entire movie collection; and top of the line Triad speakers. Now I just get to keep buying more movies and loving every minute of it.

Life is short (and at my age [near yours], shorter).
It is nice to be able enjoy the fruits of my labor for however long God allows me to inhabit this planet.


The award was a very nice, and much appreciated finish to a 35 year home theater journey.

Thanks again.
Chuck,

Actually I can easily relate to the ^^^ above and I totally agree that's why I decided to throw cost aside on a new addition to my H/T next month, hopefully.

Below is something you might find of interest but more than likely you already have seen the Magazine and the information.
If not you might want to check it out ???
I'm going to use the information myself for adding 4K HDR "Atmos" discs.

There are 20-pages of reviews a few examples below:









Congrats again my man on your Super-Deluxe-H/T !!!
Terry
tigerhonaker is offline  
post #101 of 116 Old 02-05-2020, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 10,612
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5790 Post(s)
Liked: 4891
Terry: I subscribe to that Magazine (started in Issue 1) and have seen that article. I have many of the movies listed. To compare the reviews in that list, to another source, go to BluRay.com.

By the way, the Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs and Shaw is LOTS of fun but brainless entertainment if you happen to like that kind of stuff - and I do. Both the audio and video are top notch.
tigerhonaker likes this.
audioguy is online now  
post #102 of 116 Old 02-05-2020, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
tigerhonaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TN. USA
Posts: 2,520
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked: 1323
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
Terry: I subscribe to that Magazine (started in Issue 1) and have seen that article. I have many of the movies listed. To compare the reviews in that list, to another source, go to BluRay.com.

By the way, the Fast and Furious Presents: Hobbs and Shaw is LOTS of fun but brainless entertainment if you happen to like that kind of stuff - and I do. Both the audio and video are top notch.
Chuck,

After reading your comments I have a question

Do you agree for the most part with the reviews on the WIDESCREEN Reviews

Thanks,
Terry
tigerhonaker is offline  
post #103 of 116 Old 02-05-2020, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 10,612
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5790 Post(s)
Liked: 4891
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
Chuck,
After reading your comments I have a question
Do you agree for the most part with the reviews on the WIDESCREEN Reviews


Thanks,
Terry

Since they don't comment on the movie itself (just audio and video), I mostly agree with them. I already own all of the 4K movies on that list I plan to buy (23 of them) with the possible exception of 1 or 2 more.
tigerhonaker likes this.
audioguy is online now  
post #104 of 116 Old 02-14-2020, 06:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 5,646
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1935 Post(s)
Liked: 2404
Chuck, this room is a wonder of technical achievement. Everything from the equipment selection to your calibrations skills means this is one of the “end all, be all” rooms here on AVS. I can’t believe I haven’t posted in this thread when it was first announced, but I’ve admired you and your room(s) for several years now (11 to be exact). Keep on showing us how it’s done!

-Matt


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
BrolicBeast is offline  
post #105 of 116 Old 02-14-2020, 01:29 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 10,612
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5790 Post(s)
Liked: 4891
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
Chuck, this room is a wonder of technical achievement. Everything from the equipment selection to your calibrations skills means this is one of the “end all, be all” rooms here on AVS. I can’t believe I haven’t posted in this thread when it was first announced, but I’ve admired you and your room(s) for several years now (11 to be exact). Keep on showing us how it’s done!

-Matt
Matt: Thanks for the very kind words. This hobby has given me (and my wife) much pleasure. Watching movies is so much fun. The image produced by the Lumagen/RS4500/Panamorph is beyond wonderful. And, of course, the audio, driven by the Trinnov is truly amazing. And listening to 2 channel music up-sampled using Auro has provided the best music listening experience I have ever enjoyed.

And speaking audio, the "improvement" bug has risen its ugly head (Yet again ). I am getting ready to clean up the wiring mess behind my equipment rack and decided I needed to get rid of the miniDSP that manages my subs. What better way to do that than with an extra channel from a Trinnov. But given I am OUT of channels, the only way to get more is to move from an A16 to an A32-24. So that is what I have decided to do.

But since I will now have extra channels to play with, I might as well attach some speakers to some of them. So I will eventually go from my 9.x.6 room to 11.x.10. Why? Because DTS:X Pro will make us of most of what I add (and Atmos will use a few of them as well) and I guess AuroMatic will also use some of them.

I will be the first to admit that I'm not sure this will make much if any difference in what I hear at the MLP. But, once it is all installed, it will be real easy to compare 7.x.4 to 11.x.10. And then I will know if I wasted a huge amount of money. Or I might actually need to eat my words.

I have a list of names that will be reminding me of my previous --- and multiple "foolish proclamations" about "no more upgrades". I won't be making that proclamation again.

So if anyone is interested in an Altitude 16, let me know. I won't let go of it until my A32 is installed and that will probably be ~3 weeks.
BrolicBeast likes this.
audioguy is online now  
post #106 of 116 Old 02-14-2020, 01:48 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Steve Bruzonsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 21,028
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2103 Post(s)
Liked: 1387
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
Actually the subs have changed as well. I have been through a couple of iterations of subs since we have lived here, the most recent are the eight Seaton F18s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
Notice Chuck said "most recent". Makes you wonder what's in store for Mr. Audioguy in the future?
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
Matt: Thanks for the very kind words. This hobby has given me (and my wife) much pleasure. Watching movies is so much fun. The image produced by the Lumagen/RS4500/Panamorph is beyond wonderful. And, of course, the audio, driven by the Trinnov is truly amazing. And listening to 2 channel music up-sampled using Auro has provided the best music listening experience I have ever enjoyed.

And speaking audio, the "improvement" bug has risen its ugly head (Yet again ). I am getting ready to clean up the wiring mess behind my equipment rack and decided I needed to get rid of the miniDSP that manages my subs. What better way to do that than with an extra channel from a Trinnov. But given I am OUT of channels, the only way to get more is to move from an A16 to an A32-24. So that is what I have decided to do.

But since I will now have extra channels to play with, I might as well attach some speakers to some of them. So I will eventually go from my 9.x.6 room to 11.x.10. Why? Because DTS:X Pro will make us of most of what I add (and Atmos will use a few of them as well) and I guess AuroMatic will also use some of them.

I will be the first to admit that I'm not sure this will make much if any difference in what I hear at the MLP. But, once it is all installed, it will be real easy to compare 7.x.4 to 11.x.10. And then I will know if I wasted a huge amount of money. Or I might actually need to eat my words.

I have a list of names that will be reminding me of my previous --- and multiple "foolish proclamations" about "no more upgrades". I won't be making that proclamation again.

So if anyone is interested in an Altitude 16, let me know. I won't let go of it until my A32 is installed and that will probably be ~3 weeks.
Chuck, I am not going to remind you of anything you said previously because I only take you seriously when you discuss your system or your pending upgrades. Proclamations of "no more" are
part of the addiction - I am guilty of saying this too often as well but it never pans out!

When you know exactly what speakers and amps your upgraded system will have please let us know.

Pray for all of our healthcare providers, food manufacturing and delivery workers, all of whom are doing their best at great risk to help us survive the current Covid-19 virus crisis.
Steve Bruzonsky is online now  
post #107 of 116 Old 02-14-2020, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 10,612
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5790 Post(s)
Liked: 4891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
Chuck, I am not going to remind you of anything you said previously because I only take you seriously when you discuss your system or your pending upgrades. Proclamations of "no more" are
part of the addiction - I am guilty of saying this too often as well but it never pans out!

When you know exactly what speakers and amps your upgraded system will have please let us know.
Steve: Thank you for not reminding me.

Amp will be another ATI amp (6 channel) to go with the two ATI amps I already have. VOG speaker will be the same as the rest of my ceiling speakers (an RSL C34E). The second set of side surrounds will be Triad in room Silver Monitors to match my Wides and Side and Rear Surrounds. I don't know what I'm going to use from my 3 front heights yet.

What is the status of your room?
audioguy is online now  
post #108 of 116 Old 02-14-2020, 09:17 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Steve Bruzonsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 21,028
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2103 Post(s)
Liked: 1387
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
Steve: Thank you for not reminding me.

Amp will be another ATI amp (6 channel) to go with the two ATI amps I already have. VOG speaker will be the same as the rest of my ceiling speakers (an RSL C34E). The second set of side surrounds will be Triad in room Silver Monitors to match my Wides and Side and Rear Surrounds. I don't know what I'm going to use from my 3 front heights yet.

What is the status of your room?
My theater is still a few months out.

Pray for all of our healthcare providers, food manufacturing and delivery workers, all of whom are doing their best at great risk to help us survive the current Covid-19 virus crisis.
Steve Bruzonsky is online now  
post #109 of 116 Old 02-15-2020, 10:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BP1Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbus, Oh
Posts: 1,195
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Do you have a build thread Steve?

Sony XBR65x900e / STR-DN1080 / original PS4 / WOW! Ultra TV / Quantum Access Mini PC Stick w/Windows 10 / 8 x Rockville SPG88 8“ DJ PA Speakers / Dayton Audio SA1000 / Kicker 08S15L74 in a Tapped-Tapered Quarter Wave Tube (negative flare tapped horn).
BP1Fanatic is online now  
post #110 of 116 Old 02-15-2020, 10:49 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Steve Bruzonsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 21,028
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2103 Post(s)
Liked: 1387
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP1Fanatic View Post
Do you have a build thread Steve?
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/86-ul...upgrade-4.html

Pray for all of our healthcare providers, food manufacturing and delivery workers, all of whom are doing their best at great risk to help us survive the current Covid-19 virus crisis.
Steve Bruzonsky is online now  
post #111 of 116 Old 02-15-2020, 04:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BP1Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbus, Oh
Posts: 1,195
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Thanks guy!

Sony XBR65x900e / STR-DN1080 / original PS4 / WOW! Ultra TV / Quantum Access Mini PC Stick w/Windows 10 / 8 x Rockville SPG88 8“ DJ PA Speakers / Dayton Audio SA1000 / Kicker 08S15L74 in a Tapped-Tapered Quarter Wave Tube (negative flare tapped horn).
BP1Fanatic is online now  
post #112 of 116 Old 02-16-2020, 08:05 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 10,612
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5790 Post(s)
Liked: 4891
I am ordering 3 Triad InRoom Bronze Center speakers that will be installed horizontally for use as my front heights, and 2 Triad OnWall Bronze LCRs that will be used for my second row Side Surrounds and another RSL C34E as my VOG speaker (to match the other 6 current height speakers).

And while none of the Triad speakers will match "perfectly" the other Triads I already have installed, I will PEQ them and the other existing surround Triads prior to running Optimizer to insure that the pre Optimized response is IDENTICAL for all of the speakers. Then I am confident that given their location and use, I will not be able to hear any important differences (or more likely, any differences).


EDIT: I changed the 3 Triad InRoom Bronze LCRs to 3 Traid Bronze Centers since they are built for the horizontal position.


Last edited by audioguy; 02-20-2020 at 07:17 PM.
audioguy is online now  
post #113 of 116 Old 02-16-2020, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
tigerhonaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: TN. USA
Posts: 2,520
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked: 1323
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
I am ordering 3 Triad InRoom Bronze LCRs that will be installed horizontally for use as my front heights, and 2 Triad OnWall Bronze LCRs that will be used for my second row Side Surrounds and another RSL C34E as my VOG speaker (to match the other 6 current height speakers).

And while none of the Triad speakers will match "perfectly" the other Triads I already have installed, I will PEQ them and the other existing surround Triads prior to running Optimizer to insure that the pre Optimized response is IDENTICAL for all of the speakers. Then I am confident that given their location and use, I will not be able to hear any important differences (or more likely, any differences).
audioguy ...........

Chuck, what a truly "Awesome" H/T system your constantly improving it's performance on.

Congratulations,
Terry
tigerhonaker is offline  
post #114 of 116 Old 02-16-2020, 09:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 10,612
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5790 Post(s)
Liked: 4891
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhonaker View Post
audioguy ...........

Chuck, what a truly "Awesome" H/T system your constantly improving it's performance on.

Congratulations,
Terry

Thanks Terry. I don't know if this "upgrade" will actually be much of an improvement until it is completed. My experience in moving from a 7.x.4 to my current 9.x.6 was, to say the least, pretty unimpressive, even considering that the new DTS:X up-mixer uses all of the speakers in the room (fun to watch the meters). I attribute the lack of significant improvement to the fact that I spent a bunch of money (when I first built the room) on properly designed and installed passive room treatment - so the envelopment and cohesiveness of the sound space even with 7.x.4 is beyond excellent. So the jury is still out on how much these additional speakers will improve the overall listening experience/immersion/envelopment. Once completed, I will be able to very easily and instantly compare 7.x.4 to 11.x.10. Hopefully, I will be pleased with the outcome and I remain "cautiously optimistic". We shall see.
tigerhonaker and BP1Fanatic like this.

Last edited by audioguy; 02-16-2020 at 09:41 AM.
audioguy is online now  
post #115 of 116 Old 02-16-2020, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Steve Bruzonsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Posts: 21,028
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2103 Post(s)
Liked: 1387
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
Thanks Terry. I don't know if this "upgrade" will actually be much of an improvement until it is completed. My experience in moving from a 7.x.4 to my current 9.x.6 was, to say the least, pretty unimpressive, even considering that the new DTS:X up-mixer uses all of the speakers in the room (fun to watch the meters). I attribute the lack of significant improvement to the fact that I spent a bunch of money (when I first built the room) on properly designed and installed passive room treatment - so the envelopment and cohesiveness of the sound space even with 7.x.4 is beyond excellent. So the jury is still out on how much these additional speakers will improve the overall listening experience/immersion/envelopment. Once completed, I will be able to very easily and instantly compare 7.x.4 to 11.x.10. Hopefully, I will be pleased with the outcome and I remain "cautiously optimistic". We shall see.
Chuck, isn't it fair to say that the sonic improvement will be even more evident for those sitting in the non-MLP position?

Congrats on starting the "Audio-Holics" club with the promise "Never to Promise Not To Upgrade"!

Here's hoping that after we complete our current home theater upgrade & renovations that our future upgrades for some time will be freebies - Tinnov Altitude 32 firmware upgrades. HA!

Pray for all of our healthcare providers, food manufacturing and delivery workers, all of whom are doing their best at great risk to help us survive the current Covid-19 virus crisis.
Steve Bruzonsky is online now  
post #116 of 116 Old 02-16-2020, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 10,612
Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5790 Post(s)
Liked: 4891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
Chuck, isn't it fair to say that the sonic improvement will be even more evident for those sitting in the non-MLP position?
That may be the case but I would hope that the MLP would get some benefit as well. I can't speak for your guests, but with the exception of the very few audio/video 'ophiles who visit, none of the rest could tell the difference if you paid them - nor do they care. All of our visitors love our theater. And if it turns out that the MLP gets little to no benefit, then I really made a bad decision.

Quote:
Congrats on starting the "Audio-Holics" club with the promise "Never to Promise Not To Upgrade"!
My bet is that you and I may be Charter Members but we would have LOTS of company if everyone who said "I'm done" but weren't, raised their hands, we would have quite a large organization.

Quote:
Here's hoping that after we complete our current home theater upgrade & renovations that our future upgrades for some time will be freebies - Tinnov Altitude 32 firmware upgrades. HA!
Freebies and more movies that take advantage of all of our installed speakers.
audioguy is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Home Theater Of The Month

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off